Home

WIP: Gollum

Hindy

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok JP... Ive started to put the model in game for ya and I hopefully have it unwrapped by the end of the week, I really dont like this part of the process so thats why its gonna take that long.

Also would you like me to mail you skin maps which are twice the size of the target resolution so you have a bigger space to work on?

Cool, I didn't plan to but I started unwrapping it tonight and there is not too much to do just Head and Hands to do.

What is your email filesize limit? I dont want to clog up your account...

Your files should be with you by the end of the week... hopefully but no later than Tuesday cos I wanna do a complete Princess Leia model pack, do you fancy skinning them when I ve modeled 'em?

No email limit as far as I'm aware, but if it can be kept to under 5MB, that'd be cool (I'm on dialup).

>>Your files should be with you by the end of the week... hopefully but no later than Tuesday cos I wanna do a complete Princess Leia model pack, do you fancy skinning them when I ve modeled 'em?<<

:D You bet!

JP I have some good and bad news fro ya. I ve been unwrapping the model and its finished... Thats the good news, but the head was proving difficult so I just did a cylindrical map which means you may get some stretching within the map. Sorry but I dont have the time at present to really sit down and do it.

Hopefully I ll be able to do some more work on it on Saturday but I ve gotta get some university work done before the weekend.

Most of the torso maps however are perfectly flat so hopefully they will be to your liking :D

Until later...

Cheers Teenwolf, Im gonna try and get a job in the industry next year so Im eating and sleeping modeling at present (not going down well with the girlfriend :rolleyes:) trying to build a low poly portfolio...

I ve been at university for the past 3 years doing Graphic Design to find out I dont actually like it at all... Oh well you live and learn :D

JP I have some good and bad news fro ya. I ve been unwrapping the model and its finished... Thats the good news, but the head was proving difficult so I just did a cylindrical map which means you may get some stretching within the map. Sorry but I dont have the time at present to really sit down and do it

Well, seeing the head doesn't have any real changes in texture or colour outside of the face area (say skin to hair), that's not an issue. With his slightly blotchy, basically pale single toned flesh any distortion will be insignificant, I reckon.

Bring it on! :)

Excellent, if it had been myself texturing him I wouldn't have given it a second thought but cos Im unwrapping it for you I was worried cos I didn't know what standard you are used to... This is only the second model I have unwrapped and is an area where I need to improve...

Lets get this done! I ll get some TTT screen grabs too to help you on your way...

*Hindy is feeling pumped and ready to model!!!*

Hi

Sorry for the lack of updates but I ve been pretty bogged down with uni/college work but the model is unwrapped ready for JP-30 just gotta weight him to the skeleton... Rocky II is on the background Im hoping it will inspire me to finish my work!!

Hellfire: I give you the model with no skins so you can give me feedback on the weigting with regards to his movement. OK by you?

C ya

Hi all

I've been working on Gollum for the last few hours and he is in game BUT! I have encountered some problems. It is due to the positions of the legs they are too far forward from the skeleton and one leg isn't attached properly well here are some screens to show ya what I mean... Also noticew the stretching of the legs as well...

Gollum_modview.jpg

Gollum_modview2.jpg

I will finish or try to finish it off tomorrow so JP & Hellfire I ll be in contact soon. Until tomorrow...

C ya later

Man no replies in a week... Well then :D u ll b glad to know that he is in game and ready to be skinned... Hellfire & JP the files are winging their way to you now...

So I guess I ll be handing the thread over to JP-30 now...

Ooops! Sorry Hellfire I sent the wrong file I was testing whether passworded pk3 would work... Hope I sent JP the right one, I ll resend it if thats ok

I put a password in using winzip then just changed the file name.

Yep just resent it Hellfire...

TheCheat: Yeah fixed the leg but that was the least of my problems... When I finally put it in game the head & torso were back to front and the lightsaber was about a foot away from Gollum, so I had to start the whole process over plus it was my birthday over the weekend so I didn't pay much attention to it until today and now it is done... Thank god :D

I can at last start on my concept character for the Unreal Tornament Competition, man I need that money ;)

Archived