Home

Collecting Suggestions for Mace Windu: Jedi Warrior Mod

It'll be a total conversion mod of JO. You play as Mace Windu from before Episode 1, to the end of Episode 3. You get some options like an RPG, but all the characters are replaced, and some are added. There are 5 main bosses: Sith (Forgotten name, (I forgot)),

Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Count Dooku, and Darth Vader. You can decide on things like, Mace not going down to the assembly area on Ep2, or Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan dieing on the Trade Federation Battleship. SP mostly, but there are a few MP additions too.

i havent been to the site and its impossible unless they somehow got a hand on the source code or modelled hilts with shaders for it... honestly... thats what ive heard of at least

okay i just had a look through the faq

Will I be able to use a lightsaber and force powers?

As we want to remain faithfull to the original Dark Forces and not run into any continuity issues I'm afraid there won't be force powers or a lightsaber present in our mod. But, there's nothing to stop you cheating for them and taking on a Dark Trooper jedi style. And who says a lightsaber easter egg wouldn't go a miss?

im not talking about hte concussion rifle... im talking about the double saber stuff.

i dont know, but your asking for a lot of stuff, which could take so much time that it would be complete when JA comes out. i mean, your asking for all new maps, new source codes, new story lines, even new mp stuff. dont you just think thats a bit much?

my suggestion is to have a mod that replaces kyle with mace, and like desann with like count dooku, yoda with jan, the jedi with obi wan and anakin, etc. etc. The story could be like the same as the game. Here is a story that follows the JK2 story line, which could be a prelude to Episode 3...

Mace and Yoda are sent to investigate some matters which are being ran by Count Dooku. Yoda gets captured and Mace is knocked out with amnesia by Dooku. Mace relearns his powers and goes off to get Yoda. Dooku plans a scheme by brainwashing jedi students and using them to destroy the jedi acadamy.

See, that easy, all you gotta do is replace skins and stuff, and bam, you got a Episode 3 Mace Windu Mod.:)

Originally posted by Dantes_Inferno

How could you fight acuratly with dual Bladed Sabers? It seems impossible in reality. I think the sp emphsis should be on saber on saber fighting and the puzzles should be logic not find the key based. Saber colors should be more varied and of course a jetpack!!

you do realise that you cant edit the sp source code which means no jetpack, not dual sabers no double sabers etc etc... from what ive heard you can only edit the skins of weapons or players or npcs

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Crowy

you do realise that you cant edit the sp source code which means no jetpack, not dual sabers no double sabers etc etc... from what ive heard you can only edit the skins of weapons or players or npcs

The Jetpack mod will be converted for bot use in SP. (Unless I find that Jango doesn't use it.)

I expect a release date of the beggining of 2004 cause the Dark Forces Mod and JA are coming out Fall and I'll need some Dark Forces Mod Weapons and Raven say they may release the SP source code for JO when JA is released.

On the topic of weapons, anyone able to make a rail detonator model? It is needed. I haven't ignored what you said Vocheski.

• 2 weeks later...

C'mon, I need some ideas guys! I will try and add your suggestions unless i don't find them a good idea for the mod.

but don't ask for fighting against Boba and Jango Fett. You will be able to. I'm using Corto Maltes's Boba Fett and tHE bu9EYED@lien's Jango Fett.

Please post suggestions.:(

• 4 weeks later...

Of course I am. I'm just showing my plans.

Now the twin lightstaff idea will definately not come into play for SP but for MP? 15% chance. Don't push your luck. That sounds dangerous. And one lightstaff and one normal lightsaber has a 5% chance. For MP only now if at all.

Archived