Home

Single Button Mice

Jedigamer.5

Originally posted by Jedigamer.5

How do you take away point allocation to a force attribute (in MP, of course) with a single button mouse?

Easy, just follow these steps:

1) Unplug your mouse.

2) Plug in a 2-button mouse.

3) Click the right mouse button.

As easy as 1 2 3!

:p

Ok, maybe there is a console command for it that he could use.... anyone know? I assume you are using a Mac (jw)?

Actually its a pretty cool mouse, clear and a laser mouse. It came with the comp which is a Mac and is pretty fast, contrary to public opinion. The mouse just isnt functional. I need to get a better graphics card though... Ive got a Geforce 4 MX which has 32 mb... Need Radeon 8500 ar something......hehe.....

dont let a soul roast you on your mac one button mouse. because someday macs will RULE ALL COMPUTERS!!!! uh, ok back to your question have you tried clicking directly on the point? it may work.

and dude, you dont need a better graphics card than a gforce 4 because they dont get much better. if it runs slow you need more ram.

Ive got a Geforce 4 MX which has 32 mb

No you dont. You have a GeForce 4MX with 64MB of RAM or you have a Geforce 2MX with 32MB. If you have a 2MX, you DO need something better for JK2. What you don't need as a Radeon 8500. Consider an GeForce 4 MX420/440/460 if you are on a budget, or a Radeon 9500 or 9700 if you arent. The Ti 4200 isn't bad either, and of course there's the 4400 and 4600.

Originally posted by Jedigamer.5

Yeah JAled your right I have a 4 MX with 64 mb. My other comp has a Geforce 2 MX, however.... hmm....... Also, instead of a regular mouse I was thinking of just getting a game pad. Do you think this is wise?

Absoultely not.

Get a mouse.

First off im not going to hug anybody, second, although it is a pain to find stuff for the Mac and their processers are usually slower, it is ALOT more stable on average than a PC and other stuff in the machine makes up for the processer disadvantage (Plus they look cool ,lol)

wait wait, did you just say that mac processors are slow? dude, i have a 1.6 ghz pc with a pentium4 and i have a 700mhz mac with a g4 processor and let me say the mac is much much MUCH faster than the pc. even simple things like word and just clicking around on the desktop is slow at times (and i have 256mgs of ram) also the computer will quit in many programs without warning. (no, its not a virus. every pc i've ever had was like this.) while the mac is NEVER slow with 256mgs of ram and my pc has a geforce4 card and my mac has a geforce2 and my mac is STILL faster on everything including games.

so in short,

MACS RULE!!!!!!!!

Actually, what I meant was that the high end Mac processers are usually slower than the high end P4s. However, I have heard the way that Macs make up for this explained in this way: the "pipeline" that the data has to travel through when leaving the processer after it gets, um, processed, is much shorter than the one on PCs if that makes any sense. And Steve ive got a 933 mghz with 512 mb. ram:D

May I suggest that you get a 5-button USB mouse for your Mac? It will make a world of difference. I have tried Logitech, Microsoft, and Memorex 5-button mice (on a PC), currently using the Logitech. Look what you can do with all the extra controls:

Mouse 1: attack

Mouse 2: alternate fire\saber throw (and subtract force points)

Mouse 3 (under mousewheel): Force Seeing

Mouse 4: Force Heal

Mouse 5: Lightsaber stance (blue\yellow\red)

Mousewheel UP: Force Push

Mousewheel DOWN: Force Pull

If you play Dark Side you reassign buttons to grip, drain, etc.

You can also reassign the mousewheel to scroll through weapons, inventory items, or force powers, but I like it for push\pull. By using a 1-button mouse, you are needlessly handicapping yourself.

:blush2: While looking at 5-button mice at CompUSA today, I noticed that one of the packages said "3-button support under MacOS". If that is true, there is no point getting a 5-button mouse. Save some money and get a 3-button mouse. You will still have the mousewheel and two more buttons than you have now.

There is no way to de-select the force selection in MP, I have contacted Raven about this and Aspyer and there is no way of gettting around it unless you have a two button mouse.

And on the whole PC/Mac debate, my Mac is great, the 17" Powerbook is a nice toy to have if you can afford it :) and I can :)

With the new G5/IBM proccessors coming out in September and OS X 1.3 coming out Im expecting some great new macs and the software and hardware.

Lets just give you a comparison spec.

PowerMac

Dual G4 1.4Mhz

512 Mb DDR2100

Running OS X 10.2.6

Using 128 ATI 9000 Based Graphics card.

JO:Nar Shaddaa; 135FPS - ALL GRAPHICS ON FULL

This is what the equal spec PC would be.

P4 HT 5.2Ghz

1.5Gig Mb DDR2100

Windows 2000/Windows XP

GF4 Ti4200

JO:Nar Shadda; 80FPS - ALL GRAPHICS ON FULL

Rendering Time using 3D Software- Cinema 8

1024x800 10 Min Rendering With full lighting and Rayscape filters

PC- Length of time to complete 8hrs 34mins

Mac - Length of time to complete 4hrs12mins

And belive me it works :) I love my Mac and I love my PC.

I took your advice and picked up a 5-button mouse at CompUsa for like 20 bucks. It did say only 3 button support for Mac OS on the box but when I tried it all buttons worked. I think this is due to recent updates to 10.2. Thanks for your help everybody. (now to relearn my dueling skills......)

Archived