Home

Jedi Figures In Each Box!

TheBlueFlamingo

Hmmm...nice touch.I like it,but...what's the purpose of it?And if you'd want to collect all,would you buy 3 boxes just to get either one of them?No offense,I like the idea but I just don't see its purpose.

P.S:OMG!A Rodian Jedi!

It wouldn't surprise me at all if that offers limited exclusively to the US...

Anyway, it seems a bit pointless including those figures with JA IMHO. They would have been better off doing it for Jedi Outcast with a Kyle Katarn figure. But now they include one of 3 figures, when we've already been told you'll have about 2000 different looks for your character available in the game. Hmmm....

I've got nothing against extras, of course. An extra disc with the soundtrack to the game would be most welcome, as would a DVD version with a 'Making of' documentary complete with all the trailers, concept art, etc., which would be great. If they can do it for DVD movies, why not for games?

Oh well...move along...move along...

Originally posted by Toa Tahu

I agree with khaza.Other than that,they should spend the money used to build the figures by doing something better such as better models/graphics?

That usually isn't how it works, especially since Raven is only the contractor in this case. Lucasarts give Raven a certain budget, and they make the best game they can from that. Lucasarts also will have another budget for marketing that is independant from the development budget. They two rarely get mixed together.

Prime is right. It even stated in the article that these figures are going to retail, so they will be making money from selling them. Hopefully some of that cash will make it's way back into game development, although it depends whether or not each division such as toys, games etc., pool resources. One can only hope...

This is a step in the right direction. I am often tempted to just go DOWNLOAD a game off the internet, instead of fork over the green for it. But, you can't download a peice of plastic. I bought the Blizzard games (most of them. D2? NO) because they had really thick manuals with novellas, instead of just installation instructions. The extras won't change my mind on whether I play a game, just on whether I buy it or get a burn. Not to say that I burn ALL my games, just the ones I wouldn't otherwise play.

Ever since game makers stopped using manuals with codes as copy-protection, and instead using electronic protection, it has been far easier to crack (and far less mind numbing). Extras will help to sell copies for any game, especially if it is a good one. Action figures? Well, I'd really rather get a short story by Zahn or Stackpole, but it's better than nothing.

Originally posted by Khaza:

... I would have prefered few extra multiplayer maps, coz there never is enough of them.

Nahh, attaining mastery of the default maps is what's important, not how many there are.

Originally posted by JDKnite188:

Yup, definitely. Make the game better instead of giving out some cheap gimmick.

On the other hand, that's a good point.

I'd say that having figures in the box or not probably won't affect the programmers' budget or time constraints either way though, so hey. :D

Originally posted by Spider AL

I'd say that having figures in the box or not probably won't affect the programmers' budget or time constraints either way though, so hey. :D

Most likely Raven has literally nothing to do with figures going in the box. Their budget won't be affected one way or another.

Nahh, attaining mastery of the default maps is what's important, not how many there are.

On the other hand, that's a good point.

I agree with Prime, it's LucasArts decision whether or not there is the free figure. Raven will have to work harder, pushing back the release date.

Oh, and it says it's only for countries in Asia (I think(the figures)).

Originally posted by Stormtrooper X:

I agree with Prime, it's LucasArts decision whether or not there is the free figure. Raven will have to work harder, pushing back the release date.

Uhh. I don't think that's what Prime was saying... I was under the impression (correct me if I err, Prime) that Prime was agreeing with me that since Lucasarts will be the people responsible for the figures, Raven would be unaffected by the presence of said figures.

Hence, the figures won't affect Raven's progress in making the game. Nor the quality of the game.

Uhh. I don't think that's what Prime was saying... I was under the impression (correct me if I err, Prime) that Prime was agreeing with me that since Lucasarts will be the people responsible for the figures, Raven would be unaffected by the presence of said figures.

Hence, the figures won't affect Raven's progress in making the game. Nor the quality of the game.

This is correct, and I was agreeing with you, Al :)

For a little clarification, the way it works is Lucasarts decides they want a new game. They have a development budget, and a marketing budget (amungst other things). They contract Raven to develop the game, and they give them a certain amount to do it (the dev budget). Raven knows and cares nothing about what is in the marketing budget, since it does not affect them in any way. Once they are done the game, they give it to Lucasarts, and Lucasarts markets the game based on what is in the marketing budget.

Putting figures in the box comes from the marketing budget, and so Raven cares nothing about it, because it does not affect them. :)

Archived