Home

Gamorrean Guard Model

HapSlash

There's been a lot of talk about the Gamorrean Model I've been working on,... in both the public forum and among the team. So, I thought that maybe it was time to show how the thing was coming along.

Just for convenience here's the first pic I posted,...

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/gamorrean-guard.jpg

Infinity Blade pointed out to me that the guard looked kinda like me,... So, after punching him in the head, I decided that those handsome chiseled features and rugged good looks were far too great to waste on such a model. Therefor, I reworked the head, added the shoulder strap, and lengthened the skirt around his waist. A few other small alterations were also done, but nothing very noticeable

Here's the new pic,...

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/gamorrean_guard.jpg

Fire away,...!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you clean up some of his AI.. and remove jumping altogether....

I can see it now... a Gamorrean sitting there.... and sitting there.... sidesteps a little..... THEN JUMPS....30 feet into the air... lands right in front of you... Then stops.

He waits a little.... waits a little.. Strafes a bit... Charges forth... and POW!!!!

You unload into him, and he's dead before he gets into swinging distance.... :D

hey now this model is looking way better than its predasesor. heres a little nice pic for ya.

http://www.nasm.edu/StarWars/images/BookImages/gamor.jpg

as you can see this is a very detailed pic of this character. i even have a good costume pic of landos outfit in jabbas palace. if you would like to see more starwars characters, go to my request page in the request forum. theres alot of ideas from me and other people in there. i wish i knew that you were making this model since it was one of my requests, how very odd. too bad you did'nt get to see this pic months ago. and not to seem like i'm talking bad about your work, even though its better than the other model, you can tell that from my pic that the model is'nt very acurate. i think maybe the face needs to look a little more meaner, the leather behind the head is connected to the torso, kinda like a hooded sweater. slim him down a bit, change the belt, and then fatten up under the belt a little bit as shown in the picture. and no chest muscles. maybe this pic will help a little. though it might be too late now.

As far as no chest muscles.... Something tells me you didn't look at the second more recent pic. The textures are still in the works, and I know Hap has a base musle texture he uses when sizing the body and shaping the model and UVW's....

And about resizing the proportions as in that picture... That looks like it's just a suit with nobody in it. So the sizes would be off... I've seen some other pictures that would show the proportions to be pretty close.

But the belt and hood could be different though.

When I start a project I normally base it off dozens of resource photos, and so far, I've never seen any other pics where the costume looked the same as in the one you posted. I'd have to agree with IB,... that the empty ill-fitting costume over a basic mannequin, looks quite different when there's someone inside it.

Your kinda right about the hood though, for the most part, but it isn't actually attached to his torso. It's a cloth skirt that was fixed to the bottom of the head to hide the actors neck. During filming it would be stuffed down the inside of the collar to get the look you see in that picture. But not all of them were stuffed in the same, sometimes the back would just be left hanging out.

It probably would look better stuffed in, but I was just trying to cop out,... :dev7:

And as far as everyone's texture problems go, try to remember that I haven't even finished the model yet, so it's gonna be a while before the textures are all corrected.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived