Home

Gamorrean Guard Model

HapSlash

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they are beyond professional work in my opinion, the community puts so much more work into the models they create so they are much more realistic and accurate

also, hapslash will you be using your version of the stormtrooper in the dark forces mod?

Yeah, there even was a pic of the Stormtooper posted on the website before it went down, as well as the Imperial Officer. I've worked on many other models that could be used in the mod as well. Whether or not they will actually turn out to be used, only time will tell.

As for the question on releasing models before the Mod is released, any model I work on, I will release as soon as it's finished.

Unless, it's something that was created specifically for the Mod...

I'm currently working on a General Mohc model and have started on a few others which are Dark Forces specific characters, so I have no real intentions of releasing them outside the Mod at any time.

... or it's something that most people would have no real use for.

I'm not sure of the model alterations yet, such as the Imperial Officer or the Stormtrooper. I can't imagine them being very popular as multiplayer models, which basically leaves the SP game. Now I can understand the wish to replace the original game models when you play it, but by now most people just breeze through the game using cheats, which would lessen the effect that I had hoped the models would make. Seeing them for the first time in this Mod might give more of the impression I'm hoping for.

Any other model should be considered fair game, and will be released when ready.

In first order, we obviously have to create and finish the models,

remember, in DF they were just sprite animations, which does not make it easier to bring them to life in JO.

There has not been any decision other than to first finish the mod.

We have not yet to release anything since we're in the middle of work in process.

Our team leader may certainly reconsider this later, when the team has produced enough material.

But currently, public releases, especially multiplayer models based on DF ennemies, are njet.

Please understand it is our own intention to have the DF ennemies jump&run around in DFMOD maps before they do so in any other JO MP map. :p

Excerpt of the DFMOD FAQ:

Q: When are you going to release the MOD finally??? :confused:

A: :wid:

It hasn't been my intention to go to the trouble of making them available for download outside the mod. I've never really imagined a lot of people really wanting to play as General Mohc or Moff Rebus in multiplayer. But if there is enough call for it, I'm sure something will be done.

I dont think u understand my question. when the mod is finished and all of these models are in single player will they also be available in the multiplayer. i wouldnt download them seperatly they would just come with the mod when they are done.

In order for the characters to be available in multiplayer they have to have character icons that can be chosen from the selection screen. This mod is going to be quite a large download, so I'm sure that anything that can be cut from it, will be. One of these things, I imagine, would be the icons. They aren't needed for the mod to work, and while one icon doesn't add up to much, icons for all the characters would. Then there are other things like team skins and such that I'm sure are not going to be available in the mod.

to clarify a few things, there is ONE model available now for download and use in multiplayer and that is the Commando. Problem is, our website is in limbo still and until that gets sorted out there is no where for you to download it from.

Also, the modelers are free to package and distribute their models that they make for this mod at anytime they choose. The mod itself will not be including a multitude of skin variations, icons and sounds that would be needed for MP for the reasons HapSlash noted. But, if HapSlash wants to make a Gammorean MP model pack and release it tomorrow, he certainly has that right. In other words, it's up to each model maker to do this if they desire, but the Dark Forces MOD itself will not contain these extras.

ok, thanks for clearing it up for me guys, sorry about the misunderstanding.

btw have you thought about having 2 downloads one for people on 56k modems that will just run the mod and one for people on broadband that has some extras? just a thought and i guess the second one would probably be out later if that was done but i guess if somebody has some spare time after this mod is created then they might create icons and team skins for people to download

I dunno.... something about any sort of monetary transaction doesn't seem like a good idea....

I'd suggest instead breaking the file into seperate parts (maybe 10), that way they can recombine later.. doesn't cost them anything except their time.....

And it would actually get there faster... especially if overseas.

Archived