Home

Reference pics...

Hindy

Hi

I have a whole summer of modeling planned and need some reference pics for some upcoming projects.

I need....

Luke Skywalker (ANH) portrait shot (I cant find a decent full frontal head shot anywhere)

Princess Leia portrait (same as above, I do have excellent profile shots at least!)

Bender (Futurama), I just need a side body shot to scale my model against to finish it off.

If you have any of these pics post a link or PM me for e-mail details

Cheers

Hindy

Cheers but I want a perfect portrait shot i.e looking straight forward or as near as. I have profile & 3/4 shots already, I make sure I have exact photo reference before embarking on a model

Originally posted by Chewthar

can you make lightsaber hilts?

if i give you some reference pics could you make a hilt for me that works in multiplayer?

its a fairly easy hilt, and i cant find it on any JK2 file sites...

To be honest Im not really interested in making hilts as I finish university in a few weeks and Im gonna try building a low poly character modeling portfolio over the summer. So I want to focus on that.

Why dont you download GMAX get a tutorial for modeling hilts (there is one!) and try modeling yourself. Once you have the basic idea of the interface its pretty easy to get to grips with (which surprised me) and its quite fun I really enjoy modeling.

If you run into problems you can post questions in General Editing and we will do our best to help you out.

Come on, just go for it!

*Hindy tries to be inspirational!*

You can get GMAX and info here . I promise you modeling isn't that hard just takes some patience. Remember its a learning process so dont expect mindblowing success overnight.

Im on my second player model now (Gollum) and I can see drastic improvements from my first (Legolas), not just in the model but with techniques and most importantly speed.

Good luck, post any probs you may have in General Editing

Originally posted by Hindy

To be honest Im not really interested in making hilts as I finish university in a few weeks and Im gonna try building a low poly character modeling portfolio over the summer. So I want to focus on that.

Why dont you download GMAX get a tutorial for modeling hilts (there is one!) and try modeling yourself. Once you have the basic idea of the interface its pretty easy to get to grips with (which surprised me) and its quite fun I really enjoy modeling.

If you run into problems you can post questions in General Editing and we will do our best to help you out.

Come on, just go for it!

*Hindy tries to be inspirational!*

i actually modelled a low detail hilt in 3ds max then i had no idea how to bring it into the game

did you see my post? the one in gen editing with the guy with his hand floating 5 feet away from him? well that was the result from my hilt, i think the problem is is the texture stuff, because its not all made from one object in 3dsmax, and when i generated texture, it made like 10 tga files, im lost here!

Archived