Home

GF/CMI Price Cuts!

Metallus

I just noticed over at amazon.com that the jewel case versions of Grim Fandango and Curse of Monkey Island have dropped from $9.99 to $6.99 (USD)! I purchased a copy of GF almost instantly when I discovered this; my original GF CDs are both cracked and I've been meaning to get a replacement for awhile. If anyone has yet to get these games, now is pretty much the time to do it. I'm not sure when these prices went into effect or how long they'll stay this low, but it's a great deal for some really good games.

PS: I'd be posting this at Mojo if there was Mojo to post at :~

Well, for anyone who cares, teh Amazon.com price for the English versions is £10 for COMI and £14 for Grim (save a quid for Grim) and considering currency changes, this means that it's incredibly cheaper in america (damn bastards!).

Ah, whatever, amazon still rocks!

Play rule. They screwed up a rather large order of mine, I mailed them and they sorted it out straight away ;D

I've heard several horrible things about Amazon, although I've never experienced any problems.

Originally posted by scabb

I've heard several horrible things about Amazon, although I've never experienced any problems.

I ordered a few things from them, and they said that they would deliver them in plenty of time before Christmas. They arrived late, and thus little Timmy didn't get his penny whistle on time. :~

What's more, I ordered The Longest Journey and not only did it arrive late, but it was also missing a few CDs! Naturally I complained, but it didn't do any good.

I just got the Longest Journey from them yesterday, two days after I ordered it and with all CDs (there's meant to be 4 right? :D). It also came with Syberia (not free) with all discs. Also books that I couldn't find anywhere (and a DVD that no one had) came withing two days of order. I'm new to internet shopping, but for me, this is good. Of course they may screw up in the future, I don't know, I can only hope (that they don't :p)

Exactly. I can wait when the price is that low! The Freelancer thing wasn't (only) slow delivery it was sent 27th, so I reckon they had to restock the item.

What ticks me off about play.com is their search. You have to define very specifically what you want. I hope they will some day have a "search all products" option.

Play.com won't accept my card (visa electron) and Amazon will, so I guess it's my only choice at the mo (till I get a delta).

And they don't have who framed roger rabbit on DVD (neither does amazon, but i soo want it)

I've never had trouble with Amazon and I use them way too much. Or used to before I became Cap'n Broke.

I don't know if they're international, but if you're looking for DVD's and are in the US at least, you must ignore Amazon and use Deep Discount DVD. Not only do they have retardedly cheap prices on a lot of titles, but they seem slightly larger than a business run by a fat guy out of his garage.

Archived