Home

All races.

Obikin>You

Actually, a just-released news bulletin reveals that you can play as a Gamorrean as well. The Gamorrean is now a viable play option.

Says a Raven representative, "Too many people called us up demanding the Gamorrean. They wanted us to drop the Twi'lek's if neccessary, but they wanted the Gamorreans. We're nothing if not obliging."

:D

No, I'm kidding. Wassup has the right of it.

Originally posted by PrimoSidone

will there be more species?

That is not clear, but I don't see it as likely. An early preview (interview?) had five and now we know 5 (discounting the Gamorrean ;) ). So I think that we're unlikely to see another.

But who knows ... not me, and even if I did I'm sure I couldn't tell! (as I believe is true for some here).

Mike

Zabrak? I havent heard of that one yet, I've heard of it in SWG but i probably just missed somehting. Tell me where you read that, i want to read it. Jediknightii.net does a bad job of updating things, just look at the screen of the day, its not even a screen of the game, and its been there for months. I usually hear more on jedi knight news from the force.net or mixnmojo.com. The files are down, and have been down for ever, no new updates in the fils section. No wonder the community is dwendeling.

I read somewhere that there are 6 races so far, and was before we know about Kel-Dor and Zabrak, so who knows, it may be true, now wich one?: Gammorrean, Wookiee, Vurk, I think will be Wookie, on EU there's a lot of Wookiee Jedi, and has already confirmed as a model (maybe is only a NPC).

Even if the species you ant is not in the lineup, raven has said it will be a lot easier to modify the game, actually i believe they said you can pretty much drag and drop what you want. And there will be skins and models made for this game, you can count on it.

Trandoshans are not a race you can play as because they are no Trandoshan Jedis. They are a dirty, slimy race, even worse than the Rodians.

Also, I doubt Gamorrean will be a playable race either. A Gamorrean Jedi = not a pretty sight...:barf:

Hutts are dirty and slimy, too. Nevertheless, there is at least one Hutt jedi in the EU. I forget his name, though. Theres a site out there that has a big list of all the jedi. I'll find it and link it if I remember...

I don't like how Galaxies has so few playable races, and they are mostly rare ones, like Zabrak and Kel Dorian. I would much prefer to see Sullustans, Bothans, etc. That said, I would NOT like to see more Twi' Lek variants, like there were in EpII. Pink, blue, green covers it for me. I don't like all those other races that look just like Twi' Lek, but have a slight difference. Kit Fisto is a good example. I like his character, but the race is just an updated Twi' Lek/Predator, but Danny Glover couldn't kill Kit Fisto, so I guess he's not a complete rip off...

Originally posted by Solbe M'ko

Hutts are dirty and slimy, too. Nevertheless, there is at least one Hutt jedi in the EU. I forget his name, though. Theres a site out there that has a big list of all the jedi. I'll find it and link it if I remember...

yah but he wasn't a very good Jedi anyways (look here)

Well... although I have this lil tendency to pick the most Human races to play... i wouldn't go anywhere near anything less human than a zabrak or a twilek at most... variety is always a good thing... cuz even tho i wouldnt play with them.. it's always nice to see other races in game.

I sure hope they include more playable races.

About the trandoshans and the hutts... well.. i read some statistics and probabilities each race has of being force sensitive. I remember the hutts had 0% probabilities ;P well if it's in EU I wont contest that since alot fo things in the EU contradict each other. Trandoshans are definetly the bountyhunter/thug for hire type... it's hard to see them any other way ;P

I think they should pick most of the races we se on AotC in both the Jedi council and the battle on the arena at Geonosis.

Cheers.

Originally posted by wassup

Trandoshans are not a race you can play as because they are no Trandoshan Jedis. They are a dirty, slimy race, even worse than the Rodians.

Also, I doubt Gamorrean will be a playable race either. A Gamorrean Jedi = not a pretty sight...:barf:

Racism! I'm sure you can play a Jedi as a Trandoshan in SW Galaxies. I'm not saying that means its like in the written law of SW but I think Trandoshans are kinda cool, but then I like Rodians too. Just because we tend to see a few of them in the films as underworld types, doesn't mean they are all like that. I wonder how much the race will affect the game, will Rodians be faster, Zabracks better in combat etc?

It wouldnt be a bad idea to have RACIAL TRAITS implemented into the game... but i doubt they would do that.

It would probably raise too many questions or could cause another balance issue like the red saber stance over the other 2.

It is indeed an interesting idea if JA was an RPG..since it's not... i think everyone should start of as an equal.

Cheers.

We'll just have to wait for a real SW RPG, I'm afraid. I'm disappointed in Galaxies. As far as I have seen, the combat system will not be very good. I would sure like to see a mix of JO and RPG. It would not be an RPG in the sense that you would take turns hacking off each others limbs, so it would be more accesable to all kinds of players. Oh, well... I'll just keep dreaming.

Archived