Home

Sometimes I wonder why I bother? Rant about being single

Toonces

I usually don't do things like this, but I'm getting to the point where I'm so fed up with it all that I just don't want to deal with it all anymore.

A little background info on me.

I'm 24 years old, will be 25 in July, and I've been single now for over two years. I've done some stupid things in the past, like putting off College for five years, but I genuinely like who I am as a person. About February I started to get that urge again, (Not THAT urge ;) ) the need for companionship. My last relationship ended in a messy way, that took me a long time to completely recover from, but I have completely moved on. I'm ready for something serious, but the problem is that I have come to realise how much I loathe dating.

I've never had to meet a SO this way, all my past relationships have developed from a frendship, to something much more. My circle of friends isn't quite as large as it once was, and the women that are in it are either in commited relationships now, or are just not right for me. I'm going back to School full time this fall, so my dating possibilities will increase at that time, until then, I've tried to re-enter the local singles scene, and even joined one of those internet dating sites. What's the problem you might ask? I wish I knew.

I'm not the kind of person who gets into a relationship just for the sake of being with somebody. I know alot of people like that, and they are miserable. I'm not the most patient person in the world, I like instant results. I've been really good these past few months, but it's starting to grate on me, and I'm beginning to get lonely.

I just had to get that little rant off my chest. A wise person once said that one has to know misery before they can appreciate true happiness.

In case your currious, JGToonces is my ID over at americansingles.com

Wow, Toonces, I wish I could help you, but alas.....I understand girls approximately.........not at all.

Take for example, the fact that right now I have the prettiest girlfriend I've ever had. She's BEAUTIFUL, funny, fun, interesting, an excellent kisser......she's awesome. Now we will examine me, I am a crazy guy. Not prone to making a lot of sense. I also happen to be a HUGE nerd, what with my love of all things nerdy...star wars, matrix, lrod of the rings, comic books, etc. etc.

How I ended up with her? I have NO idea.

I personally think that girls are all just messed up in the head. You seem like a good guy Toonces, I mean, you ARE working on the Plo Koon model, you HAVE to be an awesome guy :D

Good luck in your female endeavors though. I hope that you will find someone......I think that once you start school you may have an easier time..being a 25 year old at college could be an advantage, as many girls like older men.........and at college you'll be around them and get to know them and see if they are the right kind of person for you, and THEN you can date them and be happy!!!!:D:D:D

Hmmm maybe you worry/think too much about it, I would have to agree with it happens when you least expect it.

Take myself, Im 21 and at uni (still!), four years ago I decided take a year out before going to university and I had just split with one of the most boring girls ever (she was nice to look at though,thank god for small mercies!) and started a new job. Now I noticed this girl whom worked in the opposite shop, but I couldn't find out anything about her as noone seemed to know who she was.

Anyways bout 3 months later this girl rings me up and asks me out! I tell ya I never slept so much to get rid of the week just so I could see this girl at the weekend...

Over 3 years later we are still together, which is surprising cos we did not know each other till we went out, so dont just limit yourself to circles of friends.

Hope that is of some help... or maybe I just rambled on about my life :D

Give it time, Toonces. I know you may not want to, but you can't rush or force these things. I'm sure you'll find a nice girl eventually, and strike up a relationship. I've heard of other people who went hunting around for that special person...and when they stopped looking they found someone. It can happen anywhere, in any circumstances. Just give it time.

As for women being messed up in the head...well, I may not always understand my wife, but she doesn't always understand me...so I think we're all messed up in the head on occasion. Anyway, if the sexes understood each other all the time, how boring would that be? Think of all the arguments and heated debates and moments of sheer insanity you'd miss out on...and the making up again afterwards... ;P

Take for example, the fact that right now I have the prettiest girlfriend I've ever had. She's BEAUTIFUL, funny, fun, interesting, an excellent kisser......she's awesome. Now we will examine me, I am a crazy guy. Not prone to making a lot of sense. I also happen to be a HUGE nerd, what with my love of all things nerdy...star wars, matrix, lrod of the rings, comic books, etc. etc.

Damn ET, we have more in coming then either of us knew...bastard...:p

Anyways, its all a matter of confidence...is what I was told. all I can say is 'BULL****'. I had to ask my friend to ask the girl out for me. That was about 10 months ago. Still with her, AND I got her playing D&D with me and my friends, and she's completly evil...like me! I CORRUPTED!!! HAHAHAHA...!!!...sorry. What I'm saying is don't be afraid to ask for help. Apparently, my gf had a crush on me all through...*sighs heavily*Can't believe I'm saying this...*GULP!*...band camp...*shudders*...but she was afraid to ask me out just like I was afraid to ask her out. You just need a catalyst man.

Originally posted by STTCT

well I think that we *women* seem so complicated because men are simple and lazy.

Who you callin' simple? :mad::D

But you women CAN Be odd at times. Like, one time my sister called and she was yelling at me because the sky was blue or something, then she called back 5 minutes later to appologize.

If you think this is evidence of sanity, I pity you.

Originally posted by STTCT

it's not our fault god gave us pms

Actually, yes it is. In Genesis, Eve took the apple from the forbidden tree and enticed Adam to eat it too. As punishment, God gave pain during child birth, along with other great things, pms being one of them.

:D

It's probably both of our punishments. When I am married, I am building a bomb shelter for that time of the month. As soon as I see the wrapper in the trash can, I am putting on my helmet and "hitting the deck."

And yes, most men are whipped. We turn into wimps when we are around our female counterparts. For example, I was at my gal's house the other day, and we were watching television. A commercial came on with the ugliest baby I have ever seen. It actually made me want to puke by looking at it. Anyway, my gal looks at me with those cow eyes, those damned cow eyes, and says "That's the cutest baby I have ever seen! Don't you want a baby like that?"

I just smiled and said "Oh yes, I think it's adorable."

"Does this make me look fat", that old chesnut... I personally would tell a porky pie unless it was some pink lycra thing then I would really have to say something!

Its just not worth the hassle (wouldn't want to hurt their feelings either) to say yes or heaven forbid make an off the cuff remark like "no, but the chocolate does", your just askin for trouble.

But do girls/women ask because they know they look like fat pigs or cos they just want to be reassured?

Originally posted by Hindy

But do girls/women ask because they know they look like fat pigs or cos they just want to be reassured?

well i'd say it's prolly coz we wnat to be reassured... if nothing else... hence you get skinny thin girls asking 'do i look fat?'

The best answer to "Does this make me look fat?" is "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Then run and hide in the bathroom.

Or you could do this. Smile at them, then glance over their shoulder, get a look of terror and scream "OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT?!?!?!?"

When they turn around....run like hell.

Archived