Home

release dates

ollyhills

The release date is currently slated for the third quarter of this year (Autumn/Fall), and I think I saw September mentioned briefly somewhere...

Kenn Hoekstra, Raven's head man, said a week or two ago that we ought to be playing it in less than six months, and hinted at considerably less, so we might see it by September, or if we're unlucky it might be Christmas before we get our paws on it - nobody really knows at the moment :)

As for the "bad dude"... What makes you think it's going to be a guy? :D

Seriously though, we know next to nothing about the antagonists that will be appearing in JA, except for the fact that there seem to be a lot of them wielding sabres and using the Force again, as in JK2... Nothing at all is known [publicly] about who or what the big bad guy is going to be, but I somehow doubt we'll be seeing anything quite like Desann again ;)

A lot of games seem to be scheduled for September though...including Half Life 2...

I hope that doesn't delay it. I remember LucasArts said they were delaying the PC version of KOTOR because they didn't want to release it so close to Galaxies. Of course now it looks like they're going to have 3 games coming out all near the same time - KOTOR, Galaxies, and JA are all slated for q3-q4 release. I only hope they don't screw us by delaying a release again.

Originally posted by ollyhills

does n e 1 here know when jk3 is scheduled 2 b released?????

+ have we finally come 2 a decision about the bad dude? the concept of baby desanns dosent sound 2 imaginative.

Please, let's make it clear....use real English whenever possible here, especially when creating a new thread.

Back on topic, this had better come out either before my birthday or a month after it. If it's a week later, I'll be

ANGRY!!

Originally posted by boinga1

Please, let's make it clear....use real English whenever possible here, especially when creating a new thread.

Back on topic, this had better come out either before my birthday or a month after it. If it's a week later, I'll be

ANGRY!!

y wud we wanna do that? Not fun 2 speak right, nub!

:)

Ok. I really hope this game does come out soon, because JO is starting to piss me off to no end.

OK, this shaping up to be a busy fall / winter for FPS games. We actually start at the end of June with Elite Force II, then at some point there's Breed and Kreed, then at end August there is Tron 2.0 (I guess you have to be of a certain age to be pumped about this ... the age that saw the movie in the theaters ...), then Half Life 2 at end September, Deus Ex ... November (?), and Doom III (I thought December, but IGN says Oct 3rd?).

Not to mention KOTOR.

So ... it seems that Half-Life is the dominant force in the pack, and if the dates are true, then I think that either September 1st, or ~mid/late October are good times.

Of course ... June 6th sounds pretty good to me as well ... :D

Mike

Originally posted by Prime

It is coming out in November

Link

Perhaps, perhaps ... but have we forgotten this?

It's all true (plus some - there's more to the game than they showed at E3). And you shouldn't have to wait 6 months to see.

From Mike Gummelt in the E3 preview thread. Posted 5/20, which would be ~6 months from the 11/14 'due date'. So maybe it isn't November ...

I'd say it is likely to be out by November.

Mike

Again, it's still all speculation at this point. I expect JA to arrive somewhere between September and Christmas. :D

As for other game releases...you're right txa1265. It's going to be going up against some other very strong titles, and I hope that doesn't have a negative impact on the game. I'm aiming to get most of the major releases this year, but I don't have a magic wallet that always stays full. Some games will have to be axed in favour of others.

That may sort itself out anyway, though, because some recent titles I was looking forward to turned out to be not so good. I'm still not overly impressed by the Breed demo, for example, so I may not get that game.

I have more confidence in JA than some others, to be honest, because I know Raven's track record, and apart from aspects of SOF2, I haven't been disappointed playing most of their games.

Anyway, Mace Griffin should be coming out for PC around August/September as well. It's going to be a really busy period...

Archived