Home

Yes! New preview! New information!

Anakin1607

http://www.galactichunter.com/special_reports/jedi_academy.asp

These are the parts I liked the best:

What kind of new weapons can we expect to see?

The most notable additions are the double bladed lightsaber (ala Darth Maul), and dual lightsabers. Since the focus of Jedi Academy is more about lightsaber combat and Force powers, there are also new and/or improved Light, Dark and Neutral Force Powers like sense, rage, protection and absorption as well as new kicks, acrobatics, wall jumps, etc. There will also be a plethora of in-view weapons to choose from, as was the case in Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.

Can you talk about the new saber/character moves?

The saber combat model has been vastly expanded both at an aesthetic level and at the combat level. From an aesthetics standpoint, the player will be able to choose from different saber handles and blade colors. From a combat standpoint, we’ve pretty well doubled the number of moves (attacks/defenses/jumps/acrobatics) that were available in Jedi Outcast. The saber combat has been greatly enhanced to make it the true focal point of Jedi Academy.

Five new kick butt screens as well!

Damn, that sucks.

Well, the Screen shots showed the Same Plo Koon type Jedi with his dual sabers kicking butt. Also showed a picture of him doing what looked like a force speed jump, but it had a really cool speed line effect. There were also a few pictures of enviroments and one of the back of a female Jedi.

The site seems down for me...:D

Anyway every preview I see after E3 seem to contain the same information...maybe it's me,but I only see words like 'dual-saber','saber staff','weapons','acrobatics',etc etc etc...with 'dual-saber' and 'saber staff' dominating those.Why don't I see 'single saber combat' or 'more force powers'?

No offense,just commenting.Try to get that place up ASAP,we're all waiting for you!Thanks anyway.

Thanks for the heads-up, Anakin1607. :thumbsup:

Some nice new screenies, and more scraps of information to piece together to make the whole picture. :D

I too like the snow-troopers. The more I see them, the more I think they were simply abandoned on Hoth when the Executor went after the Millennium Falcon. :D

im still finding it kind of hard to get excited about this, not sure if it is me or the game though.

The snowtrooper level looks ok (although it is a shame they have to fog it in that much, looks like the severnaya level from goldeneye). The crashed spaceship looks kind of cool, if it is a playable level and not just a cutscene. Looks a lot like the level in The Fallen that i just played with a crashed Federation ship. (and as i was playing i thought "why cant JO have something like that?"

Unfortunately, most of the levels seem way too much like the ones in JO, and all they go on about is the extra sabers. Id rather they made the single saber work better.

Theres just one thig a bit unclear to me, they say you join the Academy after the events of A New Hope, now, do they mean the Jedi Academy (wich didn't exist at the time)?
They didn't say "JUST after the events of A New Hope". ;)

Yeah, it's Luke's academy, and they were presumably using the title of SW Ep4 in order to separate the timeline from that of the prequels.

Originally posted by Spider AL

They didn't say "JUST after the events of A New Hope". ;)

Yeah, it's Luke's academy, and they were presumably using the title of SW Ep4 in order to separate the timeline from that of the prequels.

Indeed. I believe he is just trying to convey that the story takes place after the movies, so people who know nothing about the EU don't get confused and think that it is set during the prequals.

I am starting to get excited about this game. And who cares about double-bladed or two lightsabers! I'll kick ass with just one! :)

I am starting to get excited about this game. And who cares about double-bladed or two lightsabers! I'll kick ass with just one!
Likewise, my friend. Though I might go in for some two-sabre action sometimes, make me feel like Musashi. :D One sword is the way I've played it for countless years though... well, about five years. :( So that's the way I'll stay. I'm too old to change me ways now!

Ahh, more screenies... Excellent :D

High-res, too... *drools*

I don't know what it is, but just from the screenies I've seen so far, JA looks more Star-Warsy than JO did - more like JK+MotS... I have high hopes that this will knock the socks off JO, and possibly even best JK in all areas... The anticipation is going to kill me :D

Especially like the look of that jump+speed combo... Looks much more like how I feel it should :)

Archived