Home

KoTOR Books

(EU noob here so take it easy on me) :D

Well, since I am a huge Knights of The Old Republic nut I've been wondering what book or book series would be best for me to read to get the backstory, timeline, etc of the time that KoTOR takes place.

I looked at some of my local book places, but they didn't have anything that looked like what I wanted. It was all NJO stuff, so I thought I would come and ask the experts. :p

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ;)

hmm.... I don't think there's any books written in the KOTOR era (that I know of), but the history is all over the place. This is near the Sith War I think, I am not 100% sure since I'm not keeping up with KOTOR like a religion.

Well KOTOR (the game) is 4.000 years b4 ANH so the closest you can get are the "Tales of the Jedi" comics (5k years B4 ANH) or Jedi vs Sith (1k Years B4 ANH). you can get some info on google, but none of the series has something to do with the game.

I'm not aware of ANY book(S) of that era.

Hopes this helps.

Get any comic that deals with Exar Kun and Ulic-Qel Droma. The game happens around the Sith War, 4000 years B.B.Y. Those guys were big at the time, though I think it happens shortly after Exar "died" and Droma went into exile.

B.B.Y. = Before the Battle of Yavin

Thanks guys.

What I meant by KoTOR books was the time period around the time that the game will be out. Not the actual game story. ;)

I'll probabaly just do some searching on amazon.com or B&N to see what I can come up with.

Then I'll come back and you all can tell me what is good and what is not. ;)

Hopefully....:D

hey jedi...

there are tonnes of comix which deal with that period...jedi vs sith, tales of the jedi & even a series actually called knights of the old republic.

check out http://www.darkhorse.com/products/zones/z_starwars/zp_timeline/index.html

for more details.

tales of the jedi was supposed to've been really popular... out of all those comix which handle that era, i've only read jedi vs sith. wasn't too bad....pretty apocalyptic.

You can also get "detailed" information about the characters themselves from that time from the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook from WotC's RPG. It has character descriptions for Exar Kun, Ulic-Qel Droma, Cay Qel-Droma, Ooroo, Odan-Urr, Arca Jeth, Thon, Vodo-Siosk Baas, Nomi Sunrider, Tott Doneeta, Oss Wilum, Dace Diath, Shoaneb Culu, and all their masters, students, Bloodlines, and some general history about the "old" jedi. No real stories, just background info.

You'll also get a lot of game material, so its a little expensive considering what you're actually looking for. But its a good book for general jedi information.

Archived