Jump to content

Home

Nda


Danyx
 Share

Recommended Posts

Originally posted by Jackrabbit

See, the Beta Testers don't even agree on these things. I'm not trying to be an ass, but just remember my last statement :). It helps out a lot, seriously.

 

Ooops, my bad. I may have hit the point a little too hard (damned electronic medium :) ) What I was attempting to imply was that it could very well be the case, but I just missed the post on the beta boards.

 

So I'm disagreeing with Danyx only in the sense that I personally didn't see the announcement. Danyx may very well be correct. But I would like to know where/when the announcement was made, because I definitely missed it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Mujahid

Danyx, where did you hear this "official word"?? I read the beta boards every day religiously, and haven't seen a single dev post regarding lifting the NDA, other than in EXTREMELY general terms (like "soon", and "the time is approaching" and stuff like that).

 

Heheh, don't all Beta testers? The real question......how much do you contribute?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by -=ReApEr=-

He doesn't have to try, he's a Moderator. :o And i don't think he was trying to offend you im afraid. :)

 

I'm not so sure. The implication was pretty straightforward to me: I don't contribute to the beta community.

 

I didn't think I came across here as a person who doesn't contribute.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Mujahid

I'm not so sure. The implication was pretty straightforward to me: I don't contribute to the beta community.

 

I didn't think I came across here as a person who doesn't contribute.

 

He wasn't saying it to you ok?? Gezz just leave it now. :rolleyes::)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by -=ReApEr=-

He wasn't saying it to you ok?? Gezz just leave it now. :rolleyes::)

 

Hey, I'll be the first one to stand up and say "I'm wrong", if that's the case. But, being a moderator, I'm sure he understands that mood/emotion/intent is not easily conveyed in a written medium. The idea you intend to get across is not necessarily the idea the reader "gets".

 

There are 2 things that made/make me think it was some sort of "flamish" type of thing:

1. He quoted me. That implies to me that his comment is directed at the quote he supplied.

2. Taken by itself, his comment doesn't make any sense outside of the context of being directed at the quote he supplied.

 

But hey, Darth, if you were just trying to make a general statement about beta testers, then my apologies.

 

Reap, man, I love ya dawg. But you telling me to drop something is kind of like the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it ROFL :) hehe j/k :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Mujahid

Reap, man, I love ya dawg. But you telling me to drop something is kind of like the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it ROFL :) hehe j/k :)

 

 

Ok sorry dude, just try to laugh thing off. That's what wraith taught me. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I understand from Darth's post and quote is, "Hey. You read the Beta boards religiously. What Beta tester does not? But the REAL question is: Do you CONTRIBUTE on those boards by POSTING comments, not just reading them." Ok?

 

That does not sound like a flame to me. Just a simple, straight forward question you took offense to.

 

Here is a flame: "You do NOT contribute on those boards, Mujahid."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, thanks for coming to my defense guys. I guess a smiley would have been appropriate there, and my apologies Mujahid. I didn't mean that the way it sounded.

 

In any event, as Holo has posted many a quote from Beta testers, I will reiterate.

 

I think it is absolutely amazing the contact the developers have with the testers. I was quite astounded the first time a dev replied to one of my threads. Those Beta boards are one of my favorite hang outs now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Darth_Sidious

Okay, thanks for coming to my defense guys. I guess a smiley would have been appropriate there, and my apologies Mujahid. I didn't mean that the way it sounded.

 

In any event, as Holo has posted many a quote from Beta testers, I will reiterate.

 

I think it is absolutely amazing the contact the developers have with the testers. I was quite astounded the first time a dev replied to one of my threads. Those Beta boards are one of my favorite hang outs now.

 

I told you hes wasn't flaming you, i was right as usally. :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Darth_Sidious

Okay, thanks for coming to my defense guys. I guess a smiley would have been appropriate there, and my apologies Mujahid. I didn't mean that the way it sounded.

 

In any event, as Holo has posted many a quote from Beta testers, I will reiterate.

 

I think it is absolutely amazing the contact the developers have with the testers. I was quite astounded the first time a dev replied to one of my threads. Those Beta boards are one of my favorite hang outs now.

 

Hehe sorry for the misunderstanding, Darth!

 

Funny thing is that when I re-read your message today (before your response), I read it in an entirely different light. I must have read it yesterday before my first cup of coffee :)

 

See? I'm ALWAYS in a happier mood when my boss isn't around :)

 

[Edit: Oh, forgot to add! I post on the beta boards under "Bruceson". For the most part I keep my trap shut, because those boards just move TOO fast for me to keep up with. But, I post on occasion. I'm a much more active poster here, only because I hate my job ROFL)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heheh, I know the feeling Mujahid. Wait a minute, you mean that thuis isn't what I get paid to do? Oh shoot, I have work to catch up on. :D

 

Anyway, my station handle is irulual, and I'm sure you have seen me go off on more than a couple idiots. What would you expect though, they took most of them from the station boards. ;)

 

In any event, post more! We need intelligent posters, not flaming idiots that should be banned from Beta so guys like Wraith and Jan can join up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately Zaius, Reaper is under the NDA age requirement.

 

Well, you see Jan, he's supposed to tell me these things, and you're supposed to kick him when he doesn't. :D

 

Unofficial Announcement:

Wraith 8 went missing today. It is assumed that he has been participating in Beta testing for a new PC game coming out soon (we hope). In other news, a three million dollar super computer has been reported stolen from an IBM satelite company in the Netherlands. It is reported to have a 30 inch plasma monitor which is also unaccounted for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Darth_Sidious

Heheh, I know the feeling Mujahid. Wait a minute, you mean that thuis isn't what I get paid to do? Oh shoot, I have work to catch up on. :D

 

Anyway, my station handle is irulual, and I'm sure you have seen me go off on more than a couple idiots. What would you expect though, they took most of them from the station boards. ;)

 

In any event, post more! We need intelligent posters, not flaming idiots that should be banned from Beta so guys like Wraith and Jan can join up.

 

 

Oh man, tell me about it! (the thing about the beta boards). The signal to noise ratio is definitely on the low side on those boards :( This community is much more friendly, hehe :) We need more people from HERE to get into beta!

 

[sultry voice in background says "Approaching off-topic, master. Recommend immediate course change."]

 

I'm just itching for the NDA to be lifted! There's so much I can't wait to share with everyone. They've REALLY got a game here, folks. It's awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...