Home

SWG limitations

rad-x

Originally posted by Danyx

It's really going to screw the jedi's then. I can't imagine Luke or Yoda's battles without jumping.

Trust me not having jump in the game will not matter, even for Jedis. You can still jump with the animation but it won't have any virtually effect. :)

Jumping isnt hard to code, that's not why they've excluded it. The problem is just the level of complexity it adds to the QA and testing processes. People will end up in parts of the map they are not meant to, and will get stuck in various places etc. and ultimately it will take time, and money to get them out.

Originally posted by rogerexplosion

Jumping isnt hard to code, that's not why they've excluded it. The problem is just the level of complexity it adds to the QA and testing processes. People will end up in parts of the map they are not meant to, and will get stuck in various places etc. and ultimately it will take time, and money to get them out.

That is partly correct, mostly is you don't have jumping in many Rpgs. :)

You DO have jumping in Everquest, another Sony Entertainment game. I played it for four years. Though you know, it did seem to be missing from AO, AC2 and E&B.

Well what i've heard lately is if the demands big enough, then jumping will be included in a future patch. :)

there should be an option to "warp" back to a "sanctuary" if u get stuck.

sorta like in planetside.

it may get in the way of quests...but thats a reasonable method to fix the "getting stuck" part....while they are idiot proofing the universe.

Having friends doesn't help you when you are stuck, clipping halfways through a wall. Which is the kind of 'stuck' that was discussed. Getting stuck is something native to all MMORPGs I've tried, so I'd really, really be surprised if it didn't happen to any of us eventually. It's almost as if it wasn't a 'proper' MMORPG if noone got caught in a wall now and then! :)

Originally posted by Jatari Bazrak

yeh but it really isn't a big deal.

If they do though they better implement jet-packs.

Jetpacks will take even more time, entire set of animations and emotes then adding to the game, testing it. :(

I'm sorry but no way can i see Jetpacks in the game. :)

Originally posted by -=ReApEr=-

Jetpacks will take even more time, entire set of animations and emotes then adding to the game, testing it. :(

I'm sorry but no way can i see Jetpacks in the game. :)

i'd rather have the game be more true to star wars =/

so yes, jetpacks.

o yea jumping too...

and everyone knows by now it will be a bitch implementing, so an immediate implementation isn't expected...however somewhere down the line...

/me ponders what you are pondering.

Originally posted by ShadowGecko

there's only so much you can do. I mean it's only the first game... look on the bright side. At least they're bringing in the Space Expansion.

There's alot you can do, and yes the space expansion will make the game even more great. Then there will be regular patches. :D

Rather good if you ask me. :)

You DO have jumping in Everquest, another Sony Entertainment game. I played it for four years. Though you know, it did seem to be missing from AO, AC2 and E&B.

Yep, I can vouch for that. I played EQ since release too.

AO also had jumping. Ask any Adventurer :) I used to morph into Leet form and jump up onto countertops all the time. In AO it was kind of interesting how it worked. Your jumping ability was directly tied to your physical statistics (that increased as you levelled). As you would level (and spend points), you would jump higher and higher.

Archived