Home

Were these people cheating?

Danyael

Question for all your JK2 Guru's.... this is what is happening on my server..

The suspected cheater/scripter will join.. he will duel. all of a sudden right before they bow and draw saber, the guys chat icon will go up for a second or two and then back down, no text came across the screen so I know he was not talking nor was he private chatting. they are unbeatable and have killer moves... one of my clan mates just called about a guy that is in there right now. So I told him to spectate this dude.. so this is what happened..

The guys console went up for a couple seconds and then the guy ROCKED! He nailed EVERY swing, and barely got touched. He was walking forward and then all of a sudden did and instant blue lunge to the left. His body was facing away from the challenger and then all of studden WHAM, he spun around to quick to be human (or jedi for that matter), His speed was un chartable.

have the script kiddies discovered a way to cheat during duels? and if so, is there any work around for this?

Thats a sad thing to hear. If I were you I'd try to find some way to filter out these cheaters and ban them if they persist. However, don't go overboard and kick honest folk. That's pretty damn sickening if you ask me, especailly in a duel server.

Umm...a blue lunge can be performed very quickly. All you have to do is press walk. But I'm pretty sure you already knew that and are talking about something "insanely fast"...

Doesn't matter much though. JO is pretty dead. In a few months we'll have a whole new ball game with JA. :)

Originally posted by Danyael

Question for all your JK2 Guru's.... this is what is happening on my server..

The suspected cheater/scripter will join.. he will duel. all of a sudden right before they bow and draw saber, the guys chat icon will go up for a second or two and then back down, no text came across the screen so I know he was not talking nor was he private chatting. they are unbeatable and have killer moves... one of my clan mates just called about a guy that is in there right now. So I told him to spectate this dude.. so this is what happened..

The guys console went up for a couple seconds and then the guy ROCKED! He nailed EVERY swing, and barely got touched. He was walking forward and then all of a sudden did and instant blue lunge to the left. His body was facing away from the challenger and then all of studden WHAM, he spun around to quick to be human (or jedi for that matter), His speed was un chartable.

have the script kiddies discovered a way to cheat during duels? and if so, is there any work around for this?

Walking lunge is perhaps the easiest move to perform in the game, and on top of that, the lunge comment and the his "1337 turnspeed" can be explained in one of two commands:

Sensitivity

or

cl_yawspeed

Both are legitimate commands.

Let me put it this way: if myg0t says the game is not worth the hackjobs, only a fool would do it.

heh myg0t...

Seriously though, not to be a jerk but looking at your sig URL (erg) I know which clan this is and to be honest, the members I've played on your server rate about 2-3 on a skill level of 1 to 10.

I'm not trying to insult you with that ^ but there are plenty of those "monster" players out there but if you stay isolated you never face them.

And like the old saying goes "you're only as good as your competition".

No one is hacking, and even if every single move is scripted it's a simple text bind. 99.9% of what makes a player unbeatable is his strategy not the speed of his move execution.

Originally posted by shock ~ unnamed

heh myg0t...

Seriously though, not to be a jerk but looking at your sig URL (erg) I know which clan this is and to be honest, the members I've played on your server rate about 2-3 on a skill level of 1 to 10.

I'm not trying to insult you with that ^ but there are plenty of those "monster" players out there but if you stay isolated you never face them.

And like the old saying goes "you're only as good as your competition".

No one is hacking, and even if every single move is scripted it's a simple text bind. 99.9% of what makes a player unbeatable is his strategy not the speed of his move execution.

my clan members and I are not unbeatable. never claimed to be. JUst what this guy was doing.. I have played alot on other servers and been killed a fair share , but also dealt the fatal blow to many as well, but this guy was ridiculous. I have been playing JO for almost a year and have never encountered anyone like him. I spectated him again and this proves there is a cheat going on..

He did not move his stance out of yellow position, but was still able to use red dfa and lunge. this is not possible, nor is there lag... oh well. you're right this fall is JA.

when one of my clan members said.. lets duel, did not bow before hand and just started attacking, the guy had no time to birng up his chat bubble and my clan member OWNED HIM! 100/37. so obviously this guy seeing how he could not activate whatever he has, is lacking real skill.

Originally posted by Emon

Why does PunkBuster not support JO? It would solve like ALL of the cheating problems...

what cheating? not enough to care about

besides its not a competitive game, its all rpging anymore

Make a demo Dan, I don't doubt your word but record a demo from spectator mode. Perhaps we can help you figure out whats up.

Open your consol and type

/g_synchronousclients 1 Then type /record

this will begin recording. once you're done playing and want it to stop recording type:

/stop record

Well there *are scripts that let people stay in one stance and when pushed it will cycle to a different style and execute a special and return back to the original stance.

These scripts are no big secret, as a matter of fact if you go back to the main forum and look in the top thread of the "Strategy Shack" section you will find plenty of them.

I guess if you've never seen one it may seem like some amazing move/hack but they are really rather trivial and not hard to beat.

As for the Punk Buster comment from the one guy, you have no idea the damage Punk Buster would do to this game or JA.

#1 Jk2 is not nor ever was plagued by hacks. It attracts more of a sci-fi fan crowd than the hardcore gamer.

Jk2 has been out for over a year and sat in the top of the sales charts for quite some time. After selling the #'s it did consider this:

3-4 wall hacks, a couple useless cvar cracks and a server crash app.

That's it, roughly 8 useless hacks in over a year for a top selling game.

Trust me; JK2 has it good compared to other games in regards to hacks.

The reason PB is very bad for this game is the client lag/performance issues.

The modifications made to the quake 3 engine cause JK2 to run much more resource heavy than base quake 3.

Combine the already high system requirements of JK2/JA with constant server screenshots and client HDD scanning and a lot of you who can run JK2 won't even be able to run JA without tremendous choppiness.

Sounds like t he guy was using strafe swinging while ducking in light then ending up in a lunge. It does damage alot only if your close. You probably won't hit him if you use a strafe swing. But they will damage you alot 70 to 90 damage prolly. But everyone does that in nf. Goto a clan called AIM or Fots nf server. And you'll realize that there are quite alot of these players who play nf who you won't hit once with a saber.

I don't even play nf and i can beat 50% of jk2 players in nf without taking direct damage more than 10 armour. 100/15.

Originally posted by Emon

SoF2 isn't a competative game, and PunkBuster supports it.

It doesn't matter how much cheating, or whatever you want to call it, there is. It still gives people an unfair advantage.

Umm hello...

SoF2 is a competitive game. There are several ladders and leagues that support it both stateside and European...

About JK2:

Yeah you're right. Let's lag the hell out of a game with client side hard drive scanning and server/client screen shots because maybe a dozen people out of thousands (over the span of a full year) used a worthless wall hack that didn't even function as good as the built in seeing power...

Come on people really, PB in JK2/JA is like building a 40 foot brick wall around a pile of dog crap.

No one is going to mess with it so don't waste the time protecting it.

I have no problem with hack protection but PB lags servers. Hell go to their site and read their FAQ’s. They even admit that their anti cheat software lags down servers and clients. In a game like Quake 3 where cheating was rampant I can see a reason to support it but in a game where cheating never became an issue why lag down clients if you don't have to?

But I don't even know why I'm wasting my time writing this.

Since day one every noob in this game has believed with an almost religious passion that the only reason they ever lose is because the guy who beat them was scripting/hacking and this is obviously still the case.

Since day one every noob in this game has believed with an almost religious passion that the only reason they ever lose is because the guy who beat them was scripting/hacking and this is obviously still the case. [/b]

True to that. FoTs fits in that category.

Archived