Home

Shattered Night

The first encounter had begun. The battle was slowly turning into a full fledged war with both sides suffering many casualties.

Upon seeing a massive fleet of ships arriving on the planet, both groups didn't know what to think.

Stepping out of one of the ships, Darth Senraf casually ignited his saber followed by his small army of Sith.

The war had just taken a step in the completely wrong direction. Seeing what was happening Teran followed the others in trying to take out the Vong as quickly as possibly so as to deal with the Sith more easily.

But it wouldn't be that easy.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Senraf smiles, taking it all in. Chaos was his domain. He thrived in this sort of situation. He uses the force to gain speed and darts toward a small group of jedi that had been isolated against a cliff. Upon getting there he lobs one off the cliff with the force with the force. He swings at another. Their sabers clash. Senraf is suprised. The Jedi met his swing with just as much power. It is Delta.

(My character just got ignored in this:( bummer. Oh well. I'll just insert her back in where you guys are now.)

Alyssa had been fighting on plain and simple reaction, but quickly realized that it was not the way to go. She slashed forward and, at the same time, backflipped over somebody attacking from behind. She backed away from the battle for a few seconds, allowing herself to regroup and attack with more order.

Use the Force, she told herself.

Alyssa sensed Teran coming and restricted her swings to avoid him.

"I don't like this much," she said. "There are more of them than I first thought."

She ducked and ran backward into Teran, causing both to avoid an attack by the Vong.

Delta uped the anti a bit, fighting with more strenght, letting the force guide his every move. Senraf was a much more powerful opponent than the Yuuzhan Vong could ever be, and even this small group of Jedi could not hold long against him.

Delta had managed to fend Senraf back with the help of the other Jedi, but then Senraf surprised him. Their two sabres headed for a clash when Senraf's was turned off. Delta's sabre flew wide and he lost his balance. Then he was hurled towards the cliffs edge.

Delta's body slid towards the edge of the cliff and he felt the ground vanish from beneath him. He wasn't sure witch way was up or witch way was down. It took him a moment to realize he was floating. When he looked up it was not a Jedi who looked back at him. Nor Senraf. But an old friend.

Gabe Tuangay Looked down at him, with a hand streached out towards him. The hand moved asside and Delta found himself float to the side, and back onto solid ground.

Delta stood up with an exited expression on his face to see his friend again. "Gabe, it's been a long time how are you these days?" The energy faded from Delta's face when he noticed his friend's black robes. "Gabe?"

As the rest of the battle continued it seemed to stand still for Delta. "But why?"

"Don't be childish Delta, I'm sick of the Jedi and their pathetic attempt at forcing peace apon everyone." Gabe's face was angry. "Everything they do irritates me. The way they live the way they talk, their whips! I'll show you the true power of the force."

"It's only power in your mind, but tell me, are you happy. Does power help you sleep at night? Power to do what Gabe? The Dark side of the Force has only power to kill!"

"That may be, but it has power to accomplish what I want, to survive in this cruel universe. I am unstopable Delta, And no one in this Galaxy can stand up to the Dark side of the Force."

Delta lowered his light saber, "I won't fight you, I won't satisfy your power."

"You can't fight me Delta, and you can't stand up to my Power!" Gabe streached out his hand and lightning shot towards Delta.

Delta streached out his own hand and absorbed the lighning into his palm. "If there's one thing I learned at the Academey, it's absorbing Lightning. You know that Gabe, it was the one thing our master taught us that I could do. And the one thing you couldn't."

"Our master is a fool. I'll show you strength Delta, I'll show you power." Gabe slashed out with his lightsaber.

Delta ignighted his saber and blocked the attack but the attack was thrown at him with such force it knocked Delta onto his back. Gabe stood over Delta triumphantly.

"Join me Delta, I'll show you true power."

Namin frowned and strode towards Gabe. "True power?! How can you find true power with such a cause in mind? Get away from my friend!"

Gabe whirled to face Namin, his mouth in a scowl. "You have no business in this, fool." He thrust out his hand.

Namin was used to blocking Force push in his training, but this was no Jedi trainer. Gabe was a Dark Jedi, as Dark as Jerec, who killed Namin's cousin, Morgan. His power was so great that Namin found himself hurled against the wall of the cliff so hard that bits of rock showered down. His head spun. Black began to eat away at his vision...

No! Namin leapt to his feet, a new power growing inside him. He lashed out with his saber with all his might, and to his surprise, Gabe stumbled for a moment. Namin took the advantage to sum up his power and raise Gabe in a Grip off of the groud and out over a cliff.

But again, Gabe was too strong. He grabbed Namin in his own Grip, and flung him off the edge of the sheer cliff.

Then all Delta could hear was Namin's wail as he fell to his doom...

Senraf takes in the scene with a sadistic pleasure. The jedi's attentions were drawn away from him now. He could finish them off, but they were so interesting to watch. They seemed to, well, care about each other. Sith could do with some teamwork. He then turned toward the jedi. He then burst into action. Adding force speed to his already deadly attack he ran in the middle of them. Almost unstoppable.

Teran continued the fight alongside Alyssa and the other Jedis. Many had fallen, but the whole of the group was still fighting on. They had all fought valiantly, but there was still much to come.

Sensing Delta's disturbance in the force, Teran slashed as quickly as he could to take care as many of the Vong as possible. Running towards Delta something appeared that made his feet go light.

More Sith star ships.

Meanwhile, Namin's mind scrambles for plans as he hurtles towards the cliff bottom. As he looks down at the ground rushing up to meet him, he notices a crack in the cliff face. Hurriedly, he throws a harpoon, that catches on the crack. He swings down against the face and hangs, holding on for dear life.

Suddenly, an explosion flings him off the faace of the cliff, although he hangs on to the rope. As he looks up, he realizes Sith starships are firing at him!

He quickly sums up his might and leaps high into the air using the Force, letting go of the rope for an extremely risky chance of making the cliff edge. Just as he is about to fall back down, he lands safely beside Delta, sighing in relief.

then he remembers the Sith fleet.

"I've got a bad feeling about this," Kilmor murmurs.

BTW, anyone, isn't Gabe still alive? Isn't he still fighting?

(Gabe is still alive)

Seeing the Sith fleet coming ever closer, Teran continued to take out Vong. The Yuuzhans were beggining to disperse and the battle with them was almost over for now.

But a new battle was about to begin.

The fleet landed about 200 meters away from the battlefield and the Sith emerged from the ships. Running with almost 50 other Jedi, Teran sprinted with both sabers ignited to face the Sith head on.

As the wind whistled past him Gabe flayed his arms desperately trying to grab onto somthing. Then Namin's harpoon swings into him and he grabs it with both hands. He is suddenly yanked up as the force of gravity is halted by the harpoon. And Gabe then dangles against the side of the cliff. "That was close."

Delta looks over the edge of the cliff, but Gabe cannot be seen from that angle. Wondering if Gabe is still alive and why his once good friend has turned evil, Delta's mind wanders far from the battle to a time when the two of them were friends. When Gabe would help old ladies across a buissy street, or help a homeless widow find a nice meal and place to sleep. When they would go on adventures for the council bringing peace and hapiness to the worlds around them.

His blissful thoughts are cut off when a young Jedi girl is thrown beside him, an awful gash in her stomach. She clings to Delta's arm desprately as life slips from her.

Rage builds inside Delta and he charges at a black cloaked Sith. Lashing out with anger he slices the Sith's saber at it's hilt. And draws his own laser sword above his head for a final blow. When a peaceful though enters his mind and he lowers his lightsaber to his side.

Suddenly another sith jumps from below landing on Delta. Delta is toppled over and his lightsaber rolls away. The sith raises his own blade to execute Delta. Looking around Delta notices no one is able to help him, they are all engaged. But before the Sith can stab down at Delta, the other sith who Delta had let live halts his comrad.

Delta hear's the two of them arguing when the one on top of him slashes out at the other one, leaving a burning slice across the man's chest. The sith then turns back to Delta, "I despise mercy!"

But before he can attack once more he is halted. This time he is toppled over by the other sith. The two of them roll around on the ground struggling with each other. The bad sith lifts the good sith by the neck towards the edge of the cliff and is about to throw him off the edge, when Delta stabs the bad sith through the back with his own lightsaber. The sith falls to the ground and the good sith rubs his soar neck.

The good sith then says, "My name is Avic Frost. I..." His head droops low, "I am sorry. I have not known the strength of good. I see now how I was wrong, please, let me join you."

The sound of of sabers hitting sabers was everywhere. Teran used both sabers in a very quick stance so as to not let his defenses down. At any time, more than 2 Sith could be attacking at once.

Both sides were suffering wounded which quickly turned into dead.

The outcome did not look good for the Jedi.

Seeing Burke and Delta running towards the fight with Sith running right along them put all kinds of crazy thoughts into Teran's head, but he decided to let that go and focus on the fight at hand.

Teran eventually got isolated from the battlefield. Alone on the top of a plateau. Alone with two Sith. He knew he could handle it, but knew he wouldn't have any help with this fight. Seeing the grim determination on the faces of the Jedi below gave him inspiration and he sat back in his defensive stance, prepared for anything the Sith might throw at him.

One of the sith hisses at Teran and then lunges. It is a reckless attack of hatred. Teran easily clips him with his lightsaber, sending the sith screaming off the edge. The other sith just stands there. He is Darth Xi, white skin totaly devoit of hair except for a pony tail comeing of off the back of his head. He has a masklike tatoo over his eyes. He looks up at Teran. He feels no remorse for his lost comrade, no, he was reckless. Xi ignites his lightsaber. It is much longer than the average lightsaber. He slowly circles toward Teran. Xi has practiced hour with this long cumbersome blade and has ample skill with it. Fending off Terans quicker attacks.

Meanwhile on the ground, Delta and co. are completely overwhelmed. The fight and they fight but cannot seem to get anywhere. In his frenzy Namin trips finding himself pinned by a saber point. He looks over to see Delta in a similar situation. Despite his superior skill he is fighting five sith, and is quickly fadeing. Suddenly there is a great burst of light. Namin is blinded, all he hears is screams and saber clashes. He finally regains sight to see no sith, and Luke Skywalker standing right over him.

Xi taunted Teran. "Show me what you've got, Jedi." Teran held his cool and went back to attacking. After a long duel of parries, feints, counter-parries and force-powers, Teran found a weak spot in Xi's defenses. After an extremely hard blow, Xi was stumbling back towards the edge of the plateau. Calling upon the force with all his strength, Teran force-pushed Xi with all his might sending the stumbling Sith towards the edge and off the plateau. Xi fell to the ground and was stunned beyond being able to move.

"I'll finish this" exclaimed Luke. And with a quick thrust of the saber, Xi was dead. "There are two Sith in our ship that we have taken captive. They will be taken back to the Academy and be interrogated there. I feel we need to get to the Academy as quickly as possible though!" Said a running Skywalker.

The battered and bruised Jedi made their way to the transports as quickly as possible. It had been a hard battle and over one-fourths of the group had been lost.

And it still wasn't over yet.

Namin limped on beside Teran, for his leg had been deeply cut by a Sith lightsaber. He was also wheezing from the powerful Grip he had been held in, and his tunic was smeared with black, a sign of Force Lightning. He gave a weak grin to Teran. "Well, at least this battle is over, right?"

Delta introduced Avic Frost to the rest of the Jedi on his transport. Avic got along well with the others and was quickly accepted due to his charming personality.

Delta headed over to Luke to ask, "Did the Sith use the Yuuzhan Vong to attack us? Or do we now face two opponents?"

-tag Jedi Apprentice, (It's your story so you decide.)

Meanwhile Gabe climbs the mountain to find the jedi gone and many dead bodies littering the ground. Among the dead and injured he finds Senraf and helps him to their ship. "It is too bad about Xi, my Master. He was like a brother to me. The Jedi will pay for his death."

----------------------------

(by the way, wasn't Xi one of Darth Blondes characters? Should you really have killed him? I don't think he went to all that trouble of creating him and describing him just to have him killed like that. But really it's up to Darth Blonde if he doesn't mind.)

Archived