Home

Mojo, what they have done to you: a short story.

Jake

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, s'ok.

So, i was just looking around and found that milegend was back up (in a slightly bad state losing it's forums and 5 months of crap). So i'm guessing it's run away from mojo then and found it's own server?

Hi!

I just found this network and mixnmojo just yesterday. I'm sad to see these problems. I'd like to contact someone at mixnmojo, but the only email address found on that page, was jake@mixnmojo.com, but it's not working. Can someone advise me a working email?

Maybe a solution, not to let this happen in the future again: a few mirror servers could be set up. When the main site goes down, just redirect to the fastest, and when it's back just copy the mirror back.

Peace.

So sayeth Mini-Mojo

So, what's going to happen this time? Well, who knows. We do know, though, that our former server completely died, and took all of our files and all of the backups of our files with it. Is that bad? Yeah, it's bad.

Hmm. Back ups too? Ah shoot.

Is it the whole site (Mojo8) thats lost, or just the content?

Dear god.

Quitters: The Scumm Bar

That's funny. Sad, but funny.

On the upside, maybe you can drag out one of the old Mojo layouts. We can have some retro fun! (Groans)

EDIT:

[align=center]mojos.jpg

RETRO FANTASTIC![/align]

ISP Backups or not.... the admins at mojo (not the webserver admins) SHOULD have kept local backups on a monthly basis. NEVER trust an ISP to do that because they end up either losing it all or restoring from like 6 months ago... useless.

If you want something doing properlly do it yourself, and if the admins have been too lazy then they've dug their own hole..

:rolleyes::mad:

I had a dream about Mojo coming back too... I need to get a life. ;)

Someone should do a Mojo downtime song by the way. Just replace "rain" with "Mojo" in the no rain song (the proper one, mind, not the midi) and you've got an instant classic.

Originally posted by Andi Wan

Talk about kicking someone while their down.

It's a fact, get over it. Mojo has been down 3 times in the past, so theres no real excuse for not having a recent backup on one of the admins HD's.

It's extremely worrying to me how many people neglect backing up. I know people who own cd-writers but never back up their data - a 10 minute task at most. One of these people recently lost his HD and the data that was on it - "whoops".

Even if the Mojo server company did promise backups, not exporting the data every few weeks at least is very foolish. Is there really any reason to not do it? At most it takes a few minutes, and it saves situations like this from occuring.

I just hope that they did back it up, somewhere..

Originally posted by GregD

It's a fact, get over it. Mojo has been down 3 times in the past, so theres no real excuse for not having a recent backup on one of the admins HD's.

Its called being human.

They provide their time for free to make an excelent site that we all love. Yes, they may have made a mistake, but Jake and the others don't owe us anything. We on the other hand owe them everything.

Show some respect.

Originally posted by Gabez

Someone should do a Mojo downtime song by the way. Just replace "rain" with "Mojo" in the no rain song (the proper one, mind, not the midi) and you've got an instant classic.

I suggest Travis' melancholy hit, "Why does it always rain on me?".

Why does it always rain on me?

Is is because I didn't back up my php?

Why does it always rain on me?

Even when the sun is shining,

I can't avoid the downtime

EDIT:

I apologise. That is so crap.

Archived