Home

for mods. i feel silly for having to say this, but apparently we have to have one big rule for mods, smods and admns (apart from respecting others, etc, i feel even sillier for having to add this parenthesis):

explain your actions. Remember:

1- You are not The One, nor you rule this forum alone.

2- "i may disagree with every word you say, but I'll defend to my death your right to say it"

btw, i may be mistaken, but i dont feel this is up for discusion. either close and stick this rule (not necessarelly this topic) or try settling down an agreement. its pointless to close/delete this topic without explaining (i feel the siliest for having to say this :rolleyes:

Well, it's probably better moved anyway. I always attempt to explain thread closure (when I'm the one closing the threads), so I agree with what you're saying, however you are coming off more than a little bit pompous by "not feel[ing] this is up for discussion".

I didn't explain the Tim Schafer one because I mistakenly thought that the fake "Tim Schafer" account I deleted would at least keep the name there. It didn't, so things were confusing.

yes, thanks for moving.

Originally posted by Metallus

I agree with what you're saying, however you are coming off more than a little bit pompous by "not feel[ing] this is up for discussion".

i dont know what pompous means, but i think i understand what you meant. by saying that, i was refering to the possible argument about whether "mods", "smods" and "admn" = GOD or something. and imo, its just pointless to believe something like that.

ive probably made it worse by trying to explain. whatever impression you get from these posts, plz keep in mind that i dont mean to be arrogant or something like that.

Met: Just so you know because I think some people got the wrong idea, I wasn't actually angry with you as such, more the closure of the thread.

I think EVERY SINGLE THREAD closed should have an explanation for the closure of that thread. The Tim Schafer one was a joke, and I registered the fake name which was deleted, but how was closing a thread, even if you DIDN'T know the name wouldn't show, going to stop people from seeing it?

I'm just angry that mods apparently keep assuming that "Closing" is a reason for closing a thread. Because that's what it seems like.

FYI I respect the mods and all, and I know that the Tim S. account was my bad, but I still think that every thread closed should have an explanation. It's not much to ask.

That was absolutely the worst usage of english ever, I repeated myself like five times. I'm tired and I've been working all day.

You ARE aware that registering a fake account can get both you and the fake account banned right?

I usually explain myself, unless it is a troll, just out to shake up the peace. And many, many times I always post a warning before closing the thread. If there is some sort of guidline for how mods should close topics, I have yet to see it.

Originally posted by Yufster

Met: Just so you know because I think some people got the wrong idea, I wasn't actually angry with you as such, more the closure of the thread.

I think EVERY SINGLE THREAD closed should have an explanation for the closure of that thread. The Tim Schafer one was a joke, and I registered the fake name which was deleted, but how was closing a thread, even if you DIDN'T know the name wouldn't show, going to stop people from seeing it?

I don't think you quite understand. When Met deleted the fake Tim Schafer account, he thought that his ghost would be left as a name on the topic started by him, but instead it just deleted the entire topic (which probably explains why a few people thought their creds and post count went down). Normally, when someone gets banned or deleted, their posts get deleted, but considering it was the Schafer account that posted the thread, the entire thread was deleted in the course of deleting his account.

In other words, Met didn't mean to delete that thread, just the account, but didn't know that would happen. Now he does, we live and learn (see, we mods are 'only human'). ;)

Oh right okay sorry, my very bad. Well I was tired at the time :( Apologies Met. :)

No I didn't know that account could get me banned BTW. Anyways I still think every single closed thread needs an explanation, from previous accounts with Natty etc.,. It just seems a whole lot more... fair.

Archived