Home

New starwars role play academy

I plan on starting a nicely organized story on the deathstar forums in my sig. The site is dying and needs a purpose. I also wanted to do this anyway. It's not just going to be one story though, hopefully it will be a continueouse seriese and span a long time, but that depends on participation of people.

How it works is that everyone has a certain limit of points which they have to disperse over their force powers and attrabutes, thus removing the possabuility of God Modding among other things. You must first write a short story and submit it to myself via pm so that I can evaluate your capabuilites and determine exactly how many points you will have towards your attributes. So naturally the better writers will get better characters. But poor writers fear not, you can increase your points in the story by other means, or if I just plain like you I'll give you more. Sucking up not recomended. In order to write the story everyone will post or pm or whatever what they are doing in a situation, and then whoever is writing will post the acctual story with everyones actions added in it. So you decide what you do but don't acctuall take turns writing small parts of the story. Of course this is all debateable and not yet determined.

I'm not the only one in charge though, so far Dark Warrior will also be helping me in organization and leadership.

I haven't worked out very many details yet but I hope to have it all planned and worked out by the end of this week.

If your interested please post and check out the site in my sig. However there has only been one post recently, the last one was in april:p but I hope that will change.

feel free to pm me your short stories now. And please ask questions.

-thanks.

No just make up your own short story. Or submit an example of some good writing. It's okay if your not good though, you don't have to be.

The only problem is that I havn't worked out any details, it's all just floating around in my head and distracting me at school. But I'm talking with Dark Warrior about it personally and I should figure it out soon.

I can also determine your capabuilities from stories on this site. but a short story might be better. Whatever your fine with is cool.

Edit:And I think all the participants can have a turn writing parts of the story, and whoever is writing will get all the participants individual actions pmed to them.

Does anyone have any Ideas or anything they would like to see?

My short story so far...

It was because of that DSF got a fanfic section and most of the members there have seen at least the 1st few parts to it.

Must I write another short story thing? I'll do what I can to revive DSF.

*** Hey Mando, clear out your PM box! It's full ;)

Yes, very interested to get DSF up again. I know how it is to have a forum that is struggling to stay alive...

(Pm box now virtually empty.)

I think Dark Warrior and I are going to start a new forum and have our little academy there.

I have worked out a system of attributes though. So here they are:

Attributes

speed 1-3-6

strenght 1-3-6

agility 1-3-6

endurance 1-3-6

wisdom 1-3-6

climbing 1-3-6

jumping 1-3-6

throw 1-3-6

leadership 1-3-6

infultrate 1-3-6

Combat Skills

unarmed 1-3-6

guns 1-3-6

blades 1-3-6

explosives 1-3-6

lightsabers 2-6-12

Force Abuilities

telekenisis 2-6-12

jump 2-6-12

heal 2-6-12

lightning 3-12-24

absorb 3-12-24

grip 2-6-12

speed 2-6-12

throw 2-6-12

mindtrick 2-6-12

awareness 2-6-12

conceal 2-6-12

Vehicles

fighter ship 2-6-12

star ship 1-3-6

speeder 1-3-6

bike 1-3-6

The numbers are how many points are required to upgrade that attribute. Similar to JO.

And I have also worked on some affiliations:

Jedi Academy

Sith Academy

Rebel Army

Impereal Army

Bounty Hunter Guild

If you join one of the above you will have more points to add from training depending on which group you join.

I think a low amount to have is 30 points. And a very high one is 355. So Yoda would be 355 and joe slum would be 30.

So far It's going to be at DeathStar forums, but it might be somewhere else, I'll keep in touch.

This is gonna be SO cool :D

And our writing skills adds a few points to our basic 30?

Just out of curiosity, how many people have said will do this? The more the better I would think.

Also, DSF is full of bugs, so I think you should have it elsewhere unless those bugs are sorted out. I know this is to revive DSF, but in the meantime, it should be here and then we could just port it over once the problems have been fixed.

Also, DSF is full of bugs, so I think you should have it elsewhere unless those bugs are sorted out. I know this is to revive DSF, but in the meantime, it should be here and then we could just port it over once the problems have been fixed.

I guess that's possible, but I didn't know about the bugs. What sorta bugs?

And so far there arn't acctually that many people who sound interested. Like five or six.:(

It would be nice to have a larger groop. Perhaps we need more advertising. I was hoping all those rpg guys like darklighter and whitedragon would come over but I don't know what they're up to. I think I pmed them.

I'm kinda swamped with school work though for the next few days.:( but we'll see, and keep at it.

And yes writing skills add to your points.

Here I'll explain the individual attributes and what exactly they do, and why they are requierd.

Attributes

speed= how fast you run-if someones chasing you this will determine if he catches you or if you escape him.

strenght= how strong you are-such as weather or not you'll be able to lift that huge boulder off your comrad.

agility= how fast you can dodje or attack

endurance= how long you can last in a fight and how fast you get tired

wisdom= how well you can uncover the evil plot-ussually when writing a story the good guy knows what the bad guys doing since they're reading each others posts. this will determine wheather or not they in fact discover things.

climbing= how easily you can grab a ledje while falling, or climb stuff

jumping= how far you can jump-weather or not you in fact can jump that enormous ledge

throw= how far you can throw a thermal detanator, or a grappling hook, or other small objects

leadership= how well your troops will follow you into battle and obey your orders

infultrate= how well you can avoid detection while sneeking around in an emamies base

Combat Skills

unarmed= your hand to hand skills and martial arts

guns= your shot accuracy and knowledge of guns

blades= your skills with knifes swords spears and axes

explosives= your abuility to disarm bombs or set your own explosives

lightsabers= your skills with a lightsaber-weather or not you block and hit your attacks against your opponents, rather than just striking down any foe in a single effortless slash

Force Abuilities

telekenisis= push and pull, also lifting objects

jump= how high the force enhances your jump

heal= how easily you can seal that saber cut

lightning= how powerful and how long you can shoot lighting

absorb= how long you can absorb lighting and how powerful a lighting you can absorb

grip= how easily you can choke an opponent

speed= how fast you can enhance your speed

throw= how far you can throw and how well you can controll your lighsaber

mindtrick= how easily you can manipulate the weak minded

awareness= how well you can sense another's presence

conceal= how well you can avoic being sensed by other force users

Vehicles

fighter ship= how good you are at starfighter battles-dodgeing shots and shooting opponents-weather or not you can make the kessel run in five parsecs

star ship= how well you can pilot a starship such as a stardestroyer

speeder= how well you can drive an ordinary speeder-weathor or not you'll crash into somthing you saw just at the last moment

bike= how well you can drive a bike

this is from my post in DSF.

The story takes place at the begining of starwars ep 4. Except no darth vader persuing lea. There will be no characters from the movies or EU in our galaxy. Instead we will take the character rolls. That does not mean one of us will be replacing Luke, Han, Lea, Darth Vader it just means we will be the main characters instead of them.

To start off the Rebellion is at war with the Imperials, the Sith Master of the Sith academy will controll the Imperials(taking the place of Sideous) and the other Sith will fulfill their own evil roles. The Jedi Academy works with the Rebellion, they meet together and discuss missions and events.

The bounty hunters go around doing whatever they want and leagally kill certain people.

The two armies of the rebels and imperials battle it out wile trying to establish whatever alliances they can around the galaxy.

------------------------------------------

this is the story so far, we will begin at this point.

Are people interested in joining or what?

No we're not doing it over here, and were not going to be pasting it over. It's all going to be over at DSF, this is just the most popular forums I know of and I'm basically advertising it over here. But it's not going to take place here.

I'm glad your interested Dark Reaper, I've never done anything like this before either but I'm really exited. I'll keep everyone here informed. And try and get as many people as you can to join in too, the more the better.

Acctually we have seven people now, but Dark Warrior is going away for about a month and won't be able to join. so six.

I pmed you now, and everyone can head over to deathstar forums, we have a new forum there for the academy and it's looking good. I had a few more details so head over there and check it out.

I got the PM and got my character posted. I think we should have a poll though over there whether or not we can make up character names or use our DSF names. That is the one thing I don't get.

That is a minor complaint, other than that, this will be really fun and pass the time away. Maybe we can change our DSF names to a character name and put our DSF name as user title (but it costs 500 credits :rolleyes: )

Archived