Home

Tropical Paradise...

OneWingedAngel

First and foremost This map has great potential, and with a few touching ups can be a good CTF map. Here is my full report:

The Enhancing: Cut down upon the trees, espicialy in the forest area, lower end computers will be extremely slow with that many trees, even on my computer it was choppy. And another tree thing, make the trees invunerable not breakable, cause when I brake them, they disappear, but u can still run up against them. And the endless pits have an end:mad: you need an entity or a brush (I can't think of the name now, someone who knows what this is please post) that makes people die when they reach a certain point in their fall. And make the cliffs have either brighter textures, or better lighting, cause they were all black. The Underground area needs more darker or more welcoming textures, cause the textures are kinda ugly. And the stairs going down to the underground need to be worked on, cause when u reach the end of the first step of stairs, there is no platform to turn around on, that definetly needs to be fixed. I think you should more evenly distribute the weapons, cause I could be the blue team pick up all of the weapons, and suddenly become unstoppable. The elevator switches need better textures, cause no offense they are all uneven and don't match elevator switches. The elevators in the blues CTF room need to be better textures, maybe if u stretch the textures it will look better. It seems the red side has a poorer defense than the blue side. Some of the elevators I couldn't see if they were elevators, they just looked like the ground, I think you should make it have a metallic elevator look (This is just an idea, not something you have to do). Consider putting guard rails around the edges of the walkways and the cliff.

The Keepings: I really like the elevator system in the blue ctf room, makes it more challanging. Keep those small lookouts, cause those are just cool. I like where the blue CTF flag is kept in the middle of the glass room.

Thanks for letting me beta test!

-Lord G

Originally posted by Lord Glorfindel

First and foremost This map has great potential, and with a few touching ups can be a good CTF map. Here is my full report:

The Enhancing: Cut down upon the trees, espicialy in the forest area, lower end computers will be extremely slow with that many trees, even on my computer it was choppy. And another tree thing, make the trees invunerable not breakable, cause when I brake them, they disappear, but u can still run up against them. And the endless pits have an end:mad: you need an entity or a brush (I can't think of the name now, someone who knows what this is please post) that makes people die when they reach a certain point in their fall. And make the cliffs have either brighter textures, or better lighting, cause they were all black. The Underground area needs more darker or more welcoming textures, cause the textures are kinda ugly. And the stairs going down to the underground need to be worked on, cause when u reach the end of the first step of stairs, there is no platform to turn around on, that definetly needs to be fixed. I think you should more evenly distribute the weapons, cause I could be the blue team pick up all of the weapons, and suddenly become unstoppable. The elevator switches need better textures, cause no offense they are all uneven and don't match elevator switches. The elevators in the blues CTF room need to be better textures, maybe if u stretch the textures it will look better. It seems the red side has a poorer defense than the blue side. Some of the elevators I couldn't see if they were elevators, they just looked like the ground, I think you should make it have a metallic elevator look (This is just an idea, not something you have to do). Consider putting guard rails around the edges of the walkways and the cliff.

The Keepings: I really like the elevator system in the blue ctf room, makes it more challanging. Keep those small lookouts, cause those are just cool. I like where the blue CTF flag is kept in the middle of the glass room.

Thanks for letting me beta test!

-Lord G

You mentioned being able to break the trees... I tried for a decent amount of time, and couldn't break the trees:(.

The drop thing I have fixed. There is now water there. You can take a swim when CTF gets too hot...

I think I might put guard rails around the walkways, but not the cliffs... I want people to fall off>:).

I'm working on something to make the blue have a better defense, but can't come up with anything... Any suggestions?

Thanks for the input!

• 3 weeks later...

The stairs need to be re-done and you should distribute the weapons evenly. The Water is an excellent idea for the level. Or you could also add Trigger_hurt to make the pits actually kill the players. The Elevator the comes from the underground to the bushes needs to have a wait time of about 6 seconds because it took me three attempts to get to the top. If you don't know how to do this add the key wait and the value of six to your func_plat. I reallly reallly like the elevator switches in the level. They're good for people like me who're too lazy to push they're own switches! :D I think you should brighten the place up because it seems too dark to be paradise. Oh and balance out the defense a little more! you could possibly make a glass wall around that huge tower. Keep those lookout towers! I love the fact that they conveniently come with a disruptor rifle. I think you should get rid of some of the trees because they really lagged down my system. I tried, but I couldn't break the trees.

Thanks for letting me Beta Test and good luck with Tropical Paradise!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived