Home

Let's learn about Armed & Dangerous!

Jake

Thanks to Marek for pointing this out, a lovely preview of Armed & Dangerous. Note that this game was described by Tim Scahfer as "F***ing awesome," and one of his favorite games at E3.

The fearless leader has three crack agents under his command: Jonesy, the irate Scottish demolitions expert, magically insane Rexus, and Q1-11, a culturally enlightened robot with a penchant for tea. It looks like a lot of the game will be played through Roman, though you'll have to swap shoes to take advantage of the other characters' specialities. But this is no squad shooter - while puzzles and a few strategic elements will rely on the various capabilities of the Lionhearts, don't look for a comic take on Rainbow Six, because this ain't it.

The thing that made Giants so successful (well, besides accomplished graphics and balanced gameplay) was a cracking sense of humor, which shone in the scripted cinematics. Planet Moon has kept that intact, once again relying on snappy, off-color dialogue largely delivered by British voice actors.

Read more, and pretend Mojo's back.

Yeah, I thought Armed & Dangerous looked damn cool – nice graphics, nice concept and developed by an excellent team. "Snappy, off-color dialogue largely delivered by British voice actors" also sounds good!

Edit: The preview's nice too.

Here's an interview with one of the game designers behind Armed & Dangerous!

HomeLAN - Why did you want to bring this game over to LucasArts?

Aaron Loeb - For starters, LucasArts is a world-class publisher with world-class facilities. Their sound department alone is the envy of anyone who?s spent time trying to make decent sound in a run-of-the-mill studio. But more importantly, LucasArts has an incredible history of original ideas translated into great, fun original games. The thing about original games is that you need a publisher that really gets it: really understands how to work with an idea that?s not a sequel or based on a movie. While LucasArts is of course famous for its games based on some movies called Star something, they?re also famous for games like Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Loom, Sam & Max? Games that explore new ideas, new stories. They get it. Honestly, bringing Armed & Dangerous to LucasArts wasn?t a choice; it was a historical inevitability.

You must read more at HomeLan. Thanks again to Marek.

This interview is definitely worth reading. This game sounds like a huge heap of fun.

Prince Albert == PURE GENIUS.

Screw those geeky names like 'The Source Engine' or 'LithTech'. From now on I'll be talking to my friends about Prince Albert and none of them will know what the heck it is.

HomeLAN - What other wacky weapons can we expect to see in Armed and Dangerous?

Aaron Loeb - If by “wacky” you mean capable of leveling a city block, terrifying your opponents, and leaving a swath of destruction in your wake, there’s a bunch. The one we’ve told some people about and will be unveiling soon is the “land shark gun” (which is a working title). Its projectile is actually a baby shark. You fire it into the ground, where it grows to full size and streams toward your enemy underground – though its shark fin proudly juts in the air as it goes. When it gets to your foe, the full-grown shark bursts out, latching on to your foe’s legs and chomping on him, dragging him down, down into the briny… uh… dirt. All the while, your foe is screaming for help and pounding on the shark until he’s pulled under, never to be seen again.

Swank.

This game looks so incredibly great! That interview only makes it more clear. This game will definately be joining my collection of games. It looks so funny. The droid who reached self awareness through his abiding love of tea. Magic.

This is looking great. I definately think I'll be buying this when it comes out and when people like Tim Scahfer thinks its 'F***ing awesome' you can't really go wrong. *waits for more info*

Archived