Home

just read sote, what a let down!

gundark

i have just finished reading shadows, and it was terrrible :(

i played through the game first, and thought "oh man this will be great!" but there wasnt enough dash or bobba fett or anything cool like that in it. so what a waste of 6.00$ jeez............................................

SOTE wasn't that bad...it's no traitor, but it isn't exactly crystal star either. at least in managed to capture the star wars feel....

perhaps u should've gotten the comic version of SOTE...the art sux, but they've added in a whole new storyline for boba fett, based on how he outwitted all the other bounty hunters to get han to jabba. pity about the art....

I'm about half way into SOTE and I like it so far. But i'm reading from a different point of view than you. I only played the game a few times on a friends system. I'm coming from "I want to know what happend between ep 5 and 6" and not the "I want more Dash story".

It also helps me that I've read the Darth Maul comics and some other recent SW comics to get a better understanding of Black Sun and Xizor's species. Things sorta tie together I guess. They're not new concepts to me, I donno, I'm just making this up as I go.

But that's just me.

have any of u read the tales from jabbas palace?

or the one from the cantina?

i have the cantina one it was good...i guess... (i dont like short stories much..) but what is your fav. POST REBELION novel?

mine is Darksaber

I also though SOTE was really cool. Dash has a cool scoundrel type persona and hes got incredible skill as a pilot just like Han. It figuers since theyre friendly rivals. I like the detail the book goes into about backstories and technical stuff but theres not too much to bore you. I like the thermal detonator scene. Dash just opens up the garbage shoot and drops it in right in front of Xizor. :D If you read it you know what I mean.

I'm almost done with the Tales from Jabba's Palace. I've already read Mos Eisley Cantina and Bounty Hunters. I like them alot. I like how they take a scene from the movies and delve into the characters of the people who are on screen for less than 5 seconds. Then they also tie all of them together in a huge web of stories that could be a movie all by itself.

One of my favorites it the tale of the two sisters in the Cantina. It turns out that they've hijacked one of the 8 parts of the Super Laser that was designed for the second Death Star.

That frog-dog in front of Jabba's palace that eats a bug and burps...Turns out he's a fully intelligent creature that is plotting Jabba's death

IG-88's tale is also a favorite. He's not just a bounty hunter, he's ready to take over the galaxy.

• 3 weeks later...

i haven't actually read the IG-88 tale, but a cousin of mine told me about it...personally, i think the idea of the fate of the empire and the alliance and the galaxy as a whole resting in the hands of that secondary character droid is dumb...

Hey, this is that "cousin" that benTantilles was talkin 'bout. I read that book (tales of the Bounty Hunters). most of the books were O.K. But, that one about IG-88 was a load a crap (bantha poodoo). Apparently the 4 Iggys go to try and take over the galaxy with an army of droids and then try to kill Boba Fett (as if!) who ends up blasting three of them (serves em right). :fett:

the last one then somehow transports that brain (chip) of his into the Death Star II's Main Computer. from this camputer, he can basically control the Death Star and do whatever he wants in it (even lock the emperor inside the lifts). as we all know, it blew up and the story ends dodgily with Iggy thinking that the rebel ships don't stand a chance. overall the chances of this happening ar ludicrous. Even the Imperials would put up decent security around the DS2 Main computer. overall the story is, as Redwing stated, one of the lamest Star Wars stories ever written (the one on Dengar isn't too shabby though)

right...as u can see, my cousin's well versed in star wars swear words....die-hard fett fan as well...

anyway, yeah, i'm likewise of the opinion that the IG story was just...bad...

Archived