Home

=A= City

Wouldzey

As a non-member i was just wondering if you guys have settled on a list of priority building that need to be given the most attention within the city. These buildings should be ones that are vital to the PA and are the ones that should not be relocated etc.

I'm working on a layout suggestion at present similar to the one that Xx_PATMAN_xX did. I was just wondering which buildings should form the spine of the city, in order to limit the need for re-location in the future and allow for future expansion. Any ideas? Or even a final decision on the priority buildings?

Chris

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK. That helps. I hope you don't mind but im creating a rought 3d city using a programme just to see how streets and walkways would look and connect together if i were the designer. I'm looking at street width, wall height (will be buildings eventually when textures are added) and street layout. would it be ok if i made a rough design on how i would create the city structure if i were the creator?

Chris

Don't expect anything good! i'm only using the old half-life engine so graphics arn't up to anything. I'm just bored and fancy doing something. It should just give you a good idea on how and maybe where to set up the buildings before you set up the city.

When choosing a site for a player city. are you able to build it around certain geography such as collection of trees or a small steep hill? Just thought it might make an interesting feature for the city if you built the buildings around the outside of a large square wiv parks in the middle with paths going through the parks leading to a central collection of large trees. Would look beutifull and unique. Just a thought:dozey:

You can place buildings pretty much wherever you want. If you place it on a hill, the ground underneath the building will become level. If you place it in the middle of a forest, the trees will be cut down. We could probably build around a small copse of trees. They probably won’t let us place the buildings too far apart though.

I've got a 2D design for the PA city. It's got all the vital/semi-vital sites plotted and all the 'green' areas that would be used for beutification including a central copse of tall trees. The city is basically designed to look very very attractive from all the major sites and still be usefull. I have taken into account some future-proofing and have created secondary sites (sites that are not necessary at start-up but may be vital in the future, i.e. space port etc) as well as creating some expansion plots to residential areas and farmland so it dont get the problems of having to knock down some areas of the town to make more room for houses.

- when i've finished writing up the key

- when i've had my chineese :p

and last of all, when i learn how to show you em! :confused:

shouldn't be long

Oh and don't be expecting anything great. It's created from Word and uses simple shaders

i said dont expect anything good, its only a 2D plan of the city done in Word.

I've only just started the 3D one using the half-life editor. for that i'll split the city drawn on the 2d one down into sections and model them in 3d. But again its only a roungh idea of city structure and set-up not how it will 'look'. crap gfx, textures and personal modelling ability!!!!!!

How i post the link, i cant host it, its a word file and i haven't got a site to upload it to?

I've sent you it in e-mail Jatari.

Archived