Home

Cuss us out and stuff here...

Remi

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh come on Tel.. those logos ruled! certainly for their time.

I actually forgot to thank *ALL* who participated in the site over the years in the press release thingywhatsit. All the staff, all the people who sent in art, that novel writing dude who is my best mate, all the ops at #mi and that small dude with horns who sits on my shoulder.

Dude! I've been hanging round that remi dude too much... saying dude FAR too often.

Originally posted by RemiO

HINT: It's not what you think. ¬ ¬

Well Remi, that certainly is not what I thought.

The Scumm Bar was one of the first sites I ever visited on the internet. This is more sad than this post can hope to describe.

Oh well, I guess people have to move on.

Cheers Skyfox. Cheers Remi. You gave us some good times.

(curls up in the foetal position and rocks)

Why?? Die, inhuman wretch! No, that came out wrong. What I meant to say was cuss. Cuss cuss cuss cuss cuss.

*eyes brim with unshed tears*

An integral part of the world just died, and you want to know why it's about to end? Good lord. Don't be thick. Buy yourself that drink and ponder it for a while.

*returns to hysterical paroxysms of grief*

The whole site has probably been nuked by the friggin server operator guy. (skin him, boil him, bury him alive!)

Unless they had a back up version of the site and its content, it would probably take them forever to get it back to what it was.

Remi probably doesn't have the time/inclination to start again.

damnit... Thanks for everything guys. Site was my homepage for the past 8 months, loved it. About 5 ppl here in indiana know about MI. GL with the new stuff that comes along.

btw Ian, Remi I got that MI t-shirt you guys want it?

Originally posted by Andi Wan

The Scumm Bar was one of the first sites I ever visited on the internet. This is more sad than this post can hope to describe.

I'll have to say the same. Nostalgia setting in.

Remi, it is nothing personal, but I sortof stopped visiting the site when Skyfox headed out. I don't know why. I am certain it was nothing personal. That Captain Mystery feud was nothing but fun, so that couldn't've been it.

I am all faklempt. It is an odd feeling. Try to remember when this applied to you: you are walking down the street, PI55ED for whatever superficial reason, and you feel as if you may strangle with your bare hands the first bum that asks you for a quarter---and suddenly, out of nowhere, through a rift in time, the oh-so-familiar smell of your summerhouse drifts under your nose. The mental picture of your long-gone grandfather - more vivid than it's been in years - with a backdrop of cherry orchards in bloom grips you like a coughing fit. We have cherry orchards around our summerhouse, and rows and rows of roses and rosemary and figs and walnuts and blackberries.... I haven't been there in six years. I think my uncle said that it's all wilted since the bombing. I blame Madeline Albright.

It feels, you know, like Jammin' by Bob Marley, like Moondance by Van Morrison. Like a passing orgasm, only without the silly pose you find yourself in. Like lost love, like a natural high, like a metropolitan night with stars! A blithe melancholy, in a class of its own, chasing away the ire of petty existence.

... then that bum appears and lost in the moment you hand over your whole wallet.

Attached to a site. Like to a childhood toy.

Rosebud.

Rosebud.

sigh

Cant we just upload the data we downloaded? i mean gfx, sfx all the stuff??? yes maybe it wouldnt be the latest .. but with that "half" backup and some superpirates .. and the articles etc .. will be discussed freshly new .......... .... ... ... .. . . . .... . . . could it be that "ez"???? is it totally screwed.. really?

:(

Archived