Home

Cuss us out and stuff here...

Remi

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MI AT THE BAT

The outlook wasn't brilliant for the MI sites that day,

The sites didn't stands, and the fans were whining away.

And then when SCUMMBar died first, and Mojo did the same,

A pall-like silence fell upon the fans of those beloved games.

A straggling few got up to go in deep despair. The rest

Clung to that hope which springs eternal in the human breast.

They thought, "Even if only SCUMMBar would succed

We'd put up even money now, that everything will be fine indeed.

So upon that stricken multitude, grim melancholy sat;

for there seemed but little chance of SCUMMBar comming back.

But Legend made it back up, to the wonderment of all.

But SCUMMBar looked as if it wouldn't raise from it's fall.

Then from five thousand throats and more there rose a lusty yell;

it rumbled through the valley, it rattled in the dell;

it pounded through on the mountain and recoiled upon the flat;

for days have gone by, no SCUMMBar, and that was that.

Ten thousand eyes watched intently as the site stayed closed

Five thousand tongues cursed at the Brazilian ugly foes.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright.

The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light.

And, somewhere men are laughing, and little children shout,

but there is no joy in MI sites --

mighty SCUMMBar has said, "We're over and out."

I post on these boards all the time, and no one ever says "Bloody Hell!!!111 It's Squinky!!!11". I think I deserve at least as much admiration as Tim Shaffir or whatever.

Oh, and please, someone give that guy above me something productive to do.

Originally posted by Squinky

I post on these boards all the time, and no one ever says "Bloody Hell!!!111 It's Squinky!!!11". I think I deserve at least as much admiration as Tim Shaffir or whatever.

Oh, and please, someone give that guy above me something productive to do.

Dude, you are not a deity. Shut up and salaam like everybody else.

It is a bit disconcerting, if not flat-out unfair: you write a brief obituary after the site dies, but you never bother answering to a timid interview plea, even to say, “**** off wankers! I am a busy, busy man! I have no time for insignificant pawns such as yourselves!”

tisk

sigh..."Everything dies, baby, that's a fact, but maybe everything that dies, someday comes back." - The Boss. This is hard, prolly worse than the past for most ppl involved, but...sh!t happens, and the best things survive. mojo will survive the lec(am i still allowed say that?) community will survive, and the spirit of the scumm bar and any other sites fallen will always live on..

Dream Forever.

you all definitely don't know me, i haven't participated in these forums ever. but the important thing is i've been watching every step of scummbar since the day opened, one of my first browsed site.

i remember all designs they had done, all images, even the room of skyfox - if i'm not wrong ? - when i learned the saddest news , i've been almost crying, yes, almost. it's so hard to leave a lover, yes i 've been in this mood in some of my girlfriends situations. definitely, this is no different than those.

i loved those 90s decade, playing monkeys, those bbs ages, those were great and only the site that make me remember those years is closed, so so sad for me ...

this shouldn't be my first msg in this forum.

and Scumm Bar is so great site that 1000s of international users meet in a flat, i guess there won't be a site or community like this.

god bless you all the makers, skyfox and others. we'll be missing you deeply.

Originally posted by Andi Wan

Our beloved SCUMM Bar is down for good.

BUT, whilst drowning your sorrows, check out this site and relive the SCUMM Bar's glory days!

Funny. I don't remember there being so many fish...

(Is this your site Huz?)

I take no responsibility for the actions of Joey.

That site does evoke some nostalgia though, as does The Internet Wayback Machine. Ah, memories.

Originally posted by Udvarnoky

I'm giving you guys one last chance to do the right thing..... :(

You were talking to me, right?

Right?

Please don't tell me that I've just donated my home, family, pet dog, and all my savings to the World Wildlife Fund for no reason...

I used to visit The Scumm Bar on a semi- regular basis, usually to check out the MI news, which was excellent, and although the site was, admittedly, not my favourite MI site (My fave's the World of MI, but then, that was the first site I found..) it was still a great site for MI information. I'll particularly miss the media section...

And it is incredibly cool that two of the main names in the MI game production have contributed to this thread! All we need now is Ron Gilbert himself!

Well I'm not going to try and say I visited the Scumm bar for years but It was the second MI site on the net I ever visited, and after the great downtime of 2001 I visited it at least once a week to see what was going on. I'll always remember the site for being the place to get all the best info on the MI games as well as interesting featuresand interviews with the people behind the games. Goodbye Scummbar

ok guys.. this is a pretty unbelieveable responce we have had. I honestly didn't expect it, and certainly not fantastic messages from Jonathan and Tim!

As far as i was concerned.. this was it! SCUMM Bar was no more... it was an ex-parrot! But now... i don't know..

If the data can be fully recovered, would you like it back? Or do you think it has had it's day?

Let me know...

Originally posted by Mort-Hog

I think it'd be good if everything Scummbar had was transferred to Mojo and then Mojo would be the one site to rule them all.

This won't happen for multiple reasons we've just discussed. ;

Originally posted by bgbennyboy

You bastard, you know damm well the answer will be 'oh God yes', this is an exercise in ego-boosting. Bring it back already!

Afraid my ego was boosted to it's maximum when Jonathan and Tim posted here. So it's defo not that... and if the site did come back, I would have very little to do with the day to day running (they just need me cause i pay for the domian names these days!)

I assure you this wasn't a publicity stunt... we don't claim to be going and then come back unexpectedly like some people I could mention! *dig* *dig* This was it... but the responce has just stunned us all.. certainly me!

and Benny.. you don't live in Newton-le-willows do you?!?!

Pah, I know better than to tell a scouser where I live. Newton-le-Willows? I hear its that place where all the Harry Potter books got nicked in that wagon, but me? I live in like Devon, yes oo-arr, I live in Devon loike.

Archived