Home

Cuss us out and stuff here...

Remi

I'm pretty sure that Remi has the data himself, and is going to leave it up for people to get nostalgic over when the server relives.

I don't think that the closure is related to the server problems at all though, so don't worry about that.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curse you all! Betraying Skyfox and everything!

What about us??

Why do you do this to us??

Am I hopeless, and will be commiting suicide now, because I read that you'd closed??

Skyfox would have kept it alive longer ¬¬

I miss Skyfox... That Skyfox who posted here... it was a hoax..

I'm positive.

I hope this is just a joke....

...but it's not 1st April....

I hope it's still a joke... :(

...or there will be no Foodbelly for you guys ¬¬

......hmmm.... allright, there will be then, I guess... :rolleyes:

This is the sadest news i've heard in a while. All my respect to skyfox and remi and all the other people who contributed for doing a fantastic job on the site over the years. I still don't understand why you guys are closing it but it was by far the best resource for MI related stuff and we can at least remember it for that.

You know, it wasn't my favotie MI site, but i'll miss it more than i would any other mi site if they closed down. This is a sad day.

And just a though, Remi, there was a lot of stuff on that site which we couldn't get elsewhere on other mi sites, any chance of seeing them on BSBC so we'd still have access to them?

Oh great. First we had to lose Booty Island, then LucasFans went down and now the SCUMM Bar is gone. WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO?!?!?

Wait, does anyone even remember Booty Island around here? Well, I guess my point is that some other site will just fill the void. It's sad to see the SCUMM bar go though.

Thanks guys. It was great while it lasted! :craider:

For quite a long time I thought Mixnmojo was stupid and uninteresting, but read the SCUMM Bar nearly every day. Skyfox and Remi are stupid jerks for closing the site, but it's understandable... I guess. :cry6: 3 years since a Monkey Island game came out, like 7 years since a good one ¬. ... :(

You guys suck, and the new site better be about something cooler than Silent Hill.

Love,

Jake

Originally posted by Skyfox

I actually forgot to thank *ALL* who participated in the site over the years in the press release thingywhatsit.

Skyfox? So you're not just a myth

Anyway, I'll miss the SCUMM Bar, etc... it was a great site, and host

Originally posted by Jake

You guys suck, and the new site better be about something cooler than Silent Hill.

Oh sure Jake! Go tell 'em what we are doing next! And I had worked so hard messing with people's heads about it! Just ask poor Ral... or whatever his name is these days ;P I had a great little clue in that press release too!

Anyway, thanks for those kind words.. and I agree.. remi is a stupid jerk!! ;P

*runs off all giddy to play with his new laptop*

And Mymipage, I may not be a myth.. but it doesn't mean I'm not computer generated! Have you seen that film Simone? No? Me neither.. but I hear it has Winona Ryder in it.

Its a shame, but I only went to the SCUMM Bar occasionally. So, what's happening to the content? Is it getting lost, or is it now available for other sites to steal?

And who was captain mystery? Or was that another site...

LucasTones, in answer to your question about what's happening to the content,

Originally posted by Thrik

I think it's likely that the Scumm Bar will still be available for looking at, it just won't ever be updated again. I asked Remi in IRC and he seemed to say that'd be so, and yeah.

So it's not entirely hopeless.

Originally posted by Andi Wan

The whole site has probably been nuked by the friggin server operator guy. (skin him, boil him, bury him alive!)

Boil him, mash him, stick him in a stew.

Originally posted by jannar85

I hope this is just a joke....

...but it's not 1st April....

I thought the exact same thing.

Gee... This is really bad, guys. I'm kinda sad right now. Yeah, sad. I will miss this.

Will the scummbar become undead if the new monkey island game will be announced? (Hva sier du???? Hva sier du???? *Standing on my knees, looking up against the sky with my hands up in the air shouting*). <=Oh, i just said "What do you say" in a emotional way in norwegian.

I hope this is not the end. It's not!!! I cannot accept this is happening. Nope, scummbar will be back!!!! :) :) It will be back, it will be back, it will be back.....

It has to... :(:cry6:

Archived