Home

Will materials for creating ever run out?

Jatari Bazrak

Originally posted by Jatari Bazrak

What Happens when theres no more materials to make it again.

What would happen to the economy?

Will materials reproduce so theres an endless supply of materials?

I did like to know this.

Oh so much to share and so many laws preventing me from doing so! (NDA)

You're going to love the system they created. It's truly unique among MMOGs, and I've played the lot of them :)

I thought i once read something from devs about when resources run out in one location they randomly respawn in others. Mainly so resource don't become totally exhausted. Might be wrong but im sure i heard something on them lines. Would be fun if natural resource management would take on a more RL role. Products containing 'almost exhausted' resources would be priced very high.

I heard this too. And I believe I saw it in the FAQ of the Station. I will search for it real quick.

Edit--- Ok, here it is:

Quote:4.09 How will resource mining work?

You set up a facility that mines for you (instead of sitting online and repeatedly clicking in a location in order to gather resources). It is assumed to be largely automated-you only need to worry about it when it has reached its maximum capacity. Facilities will incur ongoing maintenance costs, and you'll also have to think about how to transport the resultant raw materials. There are also economies of scale that apply for facilities-the more of the same sort of facilities near each other, the more efficiently they will all operate. You can also do "sampling", which is basically just the ability to extract small quantities of a resource. This isn't useful for mass-production of items, but is helpful for crafting items in the field.

4.10 How will resource distribution and availability be handled?

Resource placement is randomly-generated. Different locations will have different amounts of existing resources. Resources will deplete and completely disappear over time. New resources can be discovered. When an existing resource disappears, it is gone forever, which results in a new rares market and rendering schematics for designed weapons obsolete.

End Quote

Yes, your sword with "#4 steel" would need "#4 steel" for repairs. So will blasters, armours etc. So items, if they haven't rusted away by use, will slowly turn obsolete as the resources dissapear, unabling you to repair them. Perhaps a heap of metal in the back yard would be appropriate, for future use? :)

10 planets plus more with the expansions. But the real question is whether or not the item you have had specially created with a special alloy will put you in a worse position in the future.

Jatari Bazrak Yes have some backup...

that is a good point will players be able to guard certain minerals or supplies used by crafters? And what if that ore is very rare. PA war!!!!

I believe Q-3PO said that there will be random places for material to appear. It will never run out. Just be in a different place. Some materials might run out though. I'll just let Set explain it.:)

Well speaking of PA war The =A= should set up a battle with someone. If need any help with getting an oppenent I could go to the forums of a Jedi Wannabe PA. Just give me 4.5 minutes in one and we will have a PA to fight with.:D

Originally posted by Lord_Vessen

I believe Q-3PO said that there will be random places for material to appear. It will never run out. Just be in a different place. Some materials might run out though. I'll just let Set explain it.:)

Yo, I told you (You can't touch this)

Why you standing there, man? (You can't touch this)

Yo, sound the bell, school is in, sucka (You can't touch this)

Give me a song, or rhythm

Make 'em sweat, that's what I'm giving 'em

Now, they know

You talking about setsuko you talking about a show

That's hype, and tight

Singers are sweating so pass them a wipe

Or a tape, to learn

What's it gonna take in the 90's to burn

The charts? Legit

Either work hard or you might as well quit

That's word because you know...

*duuu, didudu, didu, didu* You can't touch this!

Break it down! (Music breaks down) Stop, setsuko time!

Yes, resources will be spawned randomly when depleted. But also, resources will be spawned less and less often, until they are very, very hard to find, perhaps even dissapear. "Oh, woe upon us, crafting will be useless without resources!" Don't worry. Thing is, new resources will appear. Not only new resources, but new kinds of resources. Meaning that crafters will have to be flexible; when your favourite kind of iron ore gets rare and expensive, you'll have to quickly find out a resource that can replace it, something with roughly the same attributes. How fast will it deplete? Weeks? Months? Noone knows. But it will definately make crafting a lot more challanging, and therefore fun, and it will hopefully make sure that crafting is dynamic, with not just a handful of items being made by more or less everybody on the server. Break it down! setsuko time!

*dances out in a ridiculously colourful MC Hammer costume, with a rake instead of the MC staff*

Originally posted by Lord_Vessen

Well speaking of PA war The =A= should set up a battle with someone. If need any help with getting an oppenent I could go to the forums of a Jedi Wannabe PA. Just give me 4.5 minutes in one and we will have a PA to fight with.:D

You go do that vessen when the time comes, if it comes. :p

Archived