Home

Link Update

Killer_2000

Well, I originally, wasn't going to do an update on the model, but after being blown away, by the change Killer_2000 made, I just had to.

Who would have thought that such a small change could make such a difference? (well, certainly not me.)

By the way, here's a couple screenshots of the Master Sword, I made (along with the shield), which I finally got working. link_ss_showcase1.txt

link_ms.txt

So, that'll be released soon. (most likely, seperate from the model)

Once again, thanks Killer_2000, for fixing the eyes - awesome job.

Like I said awhile back ago, do these things to make it even better:

Make the hair more solid looking. Meaning, instead of alot of mini hair parts, makes it a solid sorta looked that is like, like a clump of hair sorta. Also, fix the eyes a little more. Make the UV Map have more of a texture to it (the boots are ok though). Make the Master Sword have more polys so you can get it looking like the N64 version. Ditch the triangle parts on the shield and just make it part of the skin (don't forget to do a 3d effect on it though). Add a shader to the blade of the Master Sword AND the Hyrulen Shield. Make the hat a little more longer. Make Links legs more built. BUT DON'T MAKE THEM BUILT BUILT! No huge legs and muscles. Another little cool thing to do is make a grappling code and make the weapon that shoots the line the Grapple Hook from TLoZ. Just some suggestions. Glad to see it's finally ingame. Also, you should maybe release that map that your showcases the model with, just for fun.

I'm gonna wait until July 4th (when I finally get some free time) and I'll do a couple modelling tweaks, along with the skin which will make it a version 1.5 or 2.0.

Then, maybe sometime later, I'll make a Young Link...

...If I feel like it.;)

Hmmmm....the eyes do look better yes, BUT! (there's always a but) His face still isn't quite right. Take a look at his cheeks and cheekbones. The second, better lit, picture shows him having some pudgey cheeks, like a squirel hiding nuts...ok, maybe not that bad, but definately not link. Take in that face fat a little bit and then push out some high cheekbones. One final tweak that could really set it in its place would be to do a Michael Jackson on the nose; hack it off and start over. The nose he currently has is too human. It actually has more of an anime curve from in between the eyes to the tip.

*no offense to Antizac for he was aiming at a unique style. But if everyone is that interested in making him look more accurate, then it should be done correctly*

If anyone needs, I can dig up some good pics of him from Soul Calibur 2 for reference.

I'm not screwing with the face anymore, it took me forever to get the face bones looking nice. If I re-did the face, I would either have to take weeks re-animating it, or I would just make it one solid mesh with the head (And I hate doing that - I think it's cheap.).

The face is fine the way it is.

But, I can adjust the nose a bit.

Okay here is the definite version of the eyefix. Mention that a ugly black spot has been removed from the eye.

0.jpg

This is the last version I am going to release, and has the best eyes, so I hope it is this one that is going to be used in Antizac's update.

I don't know why I didn't notice it before...

Link, (from OoT) has a shorter, slightly turned-up nose. I knew there was a bigger problem than the eyes, but I was just too lazy to figure it out before.

I'll have that fixed in the next release along with the strap and a few other things...

Archived