Home

Idle speculation: What color will the blade on Kyles saber be this time?

Brett

As I recall, he's had a different one in every JK game so far. In the original JK, it was green until he stole Yuns yellow bladed one. In MOTS it was orange, and in JK2 it was blue. Kyle must be a colorful guy. So what color do you all think it'll it be this time? Will he stick with classic blue? Will he go back to his original green or yellow? Or will he have something weird, like neon pink?

They were destroyed or something. I dont know the whole story.

That's true. His first green saber from master Rahn was destroyed by the Dark Jedi Boc. Shortly afterwards, he managed to get Yun's yellow saber. Now, the orange saber has always been somewhat of an oddity, but I can remember reading that they originally intended the saber to be Yun's yellow saber, but couldn't because of palette issues or something like that. In any case, I don't remember wether Kyle's entry in the New Essential Guide to Characters makes any mention of Kyle building a new saber during the Mysteries of the Sith time period. The biggest mystery without a real explanation is Kyle's latest blue saber. The way I see it, Kyle pretty much gave up Yun's saber after he went to the Dark Side(perhaps he buried it near Yun's grave or something), and joined Luke's academy. Although he stayed there for a short while, he was able to build a new lightsaber, hence the blue saber.

As for Jedi Academy, I suppose he'll just use his good ol' blue saber.

The way I saw it, and this is all in my opinion regarding kyles lightsaber....

Rahns green lightsaber that was passed to Kyle was destroyed by Yun, which in turn Kyle used Yuns yellow lightsaber, and then when he seemingly gained the title Jedi Knight in MoTs, he decided to build a new one because fo the change, and also because he wanted to make his own I suppose....and then in MoTs

kyle falls to the darkside briefly, so he decides to ditch past failures I suppose, including that old lightsaber, so he made the blue one

So I see no reason why he should ditch the blue one, unless he creates a new one to celibrate being now named a Jedi Master or something.

Pfff, I thought a Jedi's lightsaber meant so much for him?? And know he is supposed to make again a new lightsaber? I can understand he ditched the yellow one, it connected him to the darkside after all, but the blue one?? Nah...
The yellow sabre signified the Light side, since one could only obtain it if one followed the light path. It was also a symbol of Yun's sacrifice. Finally in the novelisations it's supposed to be a really good lightsabre, with a malleable hand grip that moulds itself to the user's hand... Y'know, if I were Kyle I'd have kept the damn thing. Yellow sabre all the way.

that sounds about as likely as midichlorians...:D

i can see why building your own saber might be a good task for a learning jedi, but i have no idea why you would be more attuned to it...

anyway, the yellow/orange one looked cooler :p

I hope Kyle keeps the blue Lightsabre, so that he will actually have the same coloured blade in two consecutive games for once. And HertogJan hints at something rather amusing as well, about a Jedi's Lightsabre being so precious to them.

Obi-Wan - Loses his sabre down a shaft on Naboo. Apparently he uses the Force to retrieve it from the bottom( must have been in the EU:rolleyes: ). Then his sabre gets taken from him and destroyed on Geonosis. He borrows another one in the arena, and then throws that one away to Anakin.

Anakin - Loses his sabre during the chase scene, and from what Obi-wan says to him, it's apparently not the first time. Then he manages to get it cut in half on the conveyor belt. Borrows a Lightsabre from another Jedi in the arena, and gets yet another one from Obi-wan. One is destroyed by Dooku, the other is somewhere in that hanger along with his right arm :D And seeing as in Ep 4 Luke gets one that once belonged to Anakin, he must eventually lose yet another one.

For something that means so much to them, they sure don't take very good care of their Lightsabres. Perhaps they should have them attached to their belts by chains, like some people do with their wallets :D

And I'm with Toms and Al, yellow/orange blades all the way. But wait, I thought you were a self-proclaimed Canon-nazi Spider Al, how can you stand using a yellow blade? :eek::p

I can understand why a self made lightsaber is more effective to use. I know personally from playing tennis, that if you use somebody elses racquet, you are going to notice a preliminary drop in your play. Only a minor change in the weight allocation of the racquet requires you to change your grip and swing. I'm sure all sabers have that difference in weight allocation, and all Jedi are used to their own lightsabers.

Oh, uh, Mr. Starblazer, sir?

The whole "chain 'em to yer belt" thing... been done! In the early days of the jedi, lightsabers required external power packs and power cables, so sabers would have been very much attached to belts!

The personal connection a jedi feels with his lightsaber would be very much like the raquet connection Sean described. My sister's boyfriend came over one time and started playing my guitar!:mad: So I can relate to what you're saying! Anakin Skywalker, however, is no model jedi, so he probably doesn't take care of a lot of things; lightsabers, children...

Originally posted by Reb Starblazer

For something that means so much to them, they sure don't take very good care of their Lightsabres.

That thought occured to me too, they get through like 30 in Episode II...and even Mace Windu is supposed to have a different saber between Episodes I and II (10 years = 2 sabers? There go the no claims bonus). I think a yellow saber looks great and would be fitting too, but as Kyle's blue one survives Jedi Outcast, maybe he should hang onto it.

who knows if we will even see Kyle fight, so it may not matter what color his lightsaber will be in JA. personally, i like orange a lot better than the other saber colors, but i also think its irrelevant. besides, kyles saber color (if he uses it) will be able to be changed in the game anyway.

^

Well, I'd assume that we'll see Kyle fight. Whether the player will fight with him or against him I'm not sure.

I know it's irrelavent. That's why the title of this thread makes it clear that it's "idle speculation".

Personally, I think the blue blade looks cool, so I hope he'll stick with that.

Heh,it doesn't personally matter to me whatever saber he wields in JA...after all you don't get to see him always,it's a once in a while affair.

But if you ask me,I'd say,what's gone is gone.The past is the past.He'll wield the Blue saber,because why'd he spend some resources making another saber?After all,who knows where this saber came from?He'd just pulled it from inside the cage...who made it?

Or,he might make another saber,BUT it might be a blue colour or some other colour,we can only guess.Why he's making another saber?Because,like HertogJan said,a Jedi feels a stronger connection to his own saber,and this current one in JA is not his,but of some unknown origin...maybe he's gonna make another saber but stay the colour.

In other words,I'd say Blue.

Originally posted by Spider AL

The yellow sabre signified the Light side, since one could only obtain it if one followed the light path. It was also a symbol of Yun's sacrifice. Finally in the novelisations it's supposed to be a really good lightsabre, with a malleable hand grip that moulds itself to the user's hand... Y'know, if I were Kyle I'd have kept the damn thing. Yellow sabre all the way.

DUHH DIDNT YOU KNOW THIS?!?!11/

Archived