Home

A nice way to save the Monkey Island series

OK. I know many agree with me with this: EMI wasn't a very great game. In fact it was rather bad. So I introduce to you a nice way to fix this game.

If you imagine this: The start of mi5. Overview of the governours mansion. You can hear Guybrush's voice very low, and then you see Guybrush inside the mansion with 2 or 3 kids in front of him. Guybrush is telling the EMI story. And up on the screen comes this "ENTERTAINMENT: IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE WHOLE STORY OF GUYBRUSH, BUY ESCAPE FORM MONKEY ISLANDTM . IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED INSTALL THE EMI PATCH THAT FOLLOWED WTH THIS GAME" or something. Because monkey robots don't exist in the caribbean. It was just Guybrush spicing up the story. Actually it was a VOODOO GIANT MONKEY STATUE, but Guybrush don't want his kids to learn too much about voodoo, that's the reason he imagined the robot thing. I think something like this will help EMI from destroying the series. My friend thought up this: It's just a dream. Why would the makers mane EMI if it's just a dream? No, it's just Guybrush's story with a little imagination.

And perhaps one of the kids ask after Guybrush has told the story: "Daddy, what's a robot?"

Was EMI the worst Monkey Island? yes

Was it the funniest Monkey Island? debateable

was it a bad game? dfinately no! It was a damn site better than a lot of other games out there today. can we please all stop this thing about EMI being so bad satin probably created it or something. I'm bloody sick of it

True, when you judge it my MI standards, it's a pretty bad game, but when you judge it my normal adventur game standards, it's not half decent.

And, yeah, i like it, but can you explain the Herman Toothrot/Marley thing?

EMI may have ben the worst in the series but it didnt Suck it was still really cool.

but i dunno about the patch thing about EMI with the giant monkey Robot its already been done and cant be undone and yes it was a mistake....and somthing tells me mi5 will be like EMI as in controling it

EMI was nothing to the other 3 but still, I quite enjoyed it all the way through till the end with the robots.. that kinda made me think, "what the hell?"

I'm still waiting for the day I have MI 5 in my PC. Then my life will have meaning again, and my skin will become pale again...

Originally posted by Neil Joshi

True, when you judge it my MI standards, it's a pretty bad game, but when you judge it my normal adventur game standards, it's not half decent.

And, yeah, i like it, but can you explain the Herman Toothrot/Marley thing?

Yes I can! Wait, no, I can't. But, I do think that Herman in Mi 1 was a little crazy from the heat. Remember that sun in MI 1? And I guess when lose your memory, you can't really become crazy, can you?

If I were running the making of MI5, I'd consider Rapp's idea very seriously. The story appeals to me, for some reason. Unfortunately, I don't think LucasArts would even consider implying, "Oh, EMI was a mistake so we're trying to get out of it." Even if they think that in their minds, they will stick by their story.

And like Neil says, there's no room for the Toothrot/Marley line.

So we will just have to bear up, lads. It's very unlikely that MI5 will make ALL the fans happy as well as new players. But all the same, I will grow very tired of waiting......like I am.......right now.....zzzzzzzzz.

But that's it. There is no explanation. The people who worked on MI4 probably didn't care whether the game agreed with its forerunners, they just wanted it to be crazy fun. It was, but then....it made no sense.

There were some things in EMI that I didn't like. So a mod could fix some of the things. And maybe get better. They don't have to change the whole game, just a little bit.

The original EMI won't be a mistake. It's just Guybrush's fantasy that have spiced the story a little. And if EMI had been a real story that Guybrus had fixed a little, at least I would like to know what REALLY happened.

I don't know if I can fix the problem about the monkey robot. That's LucasArts' problem. They made it. They're got to fix it.

Rapp Scallion

ok.. i had an idea last night:

a) After SoMI the caves closed somehow the ghostpriest in efmi said. that's ok so far ..

It could have happend together with the creation of Dinky Island before LCR began. The caves closed because LeChuck was gone or something like that..

b) The vulcano breaks out after CMI .. that huge explosion when Guybrush "kicks ass again"..

c) The mechanical voodoo ape (i think it's better than a voodoo based ape, because the voodoo is: it is driven by apes and lava (the vulcano was there all the time!).. and the power of that ultimate insult)

d) This ape .. was build by.. who ever it was .. i would say Herman was with him/them (cannibals? apes? ..). He was the the one that holds the governors seal which is needed for the ultimate insult.

So Herman must have build the ape, then get the stuff to lucre island into the bank .. then he got back to Monkey Island (to find the secret) and stranded there ..

Then came LeChuck .. and later on SoMI.

LECHUCK used his powers to create these caves under MI.

Now The CLUE is:

1) there is the key to the apehead (big q-tip) .. and

2) in SoMI not mentioned: the lever in the nose! One way goes UP (into the control-center-head) and one DOWN. May be originally it was the way into the apes body and mechanical section and LeChuck has changed/used/cursed it for his caves!

In SoMI Guybrush only uses that way down to the caves.

This may work.

oh.. err.. mmh... yes. (i do not really know anymore.. was it the priest who tells about the vulcano outbreak..? its horrible to do drugs .. so dont do them ;oP)

yes another point is that LeChuck and Herman could have been like piratepals ..long long time ago .. or something that allows LeChuck to get attracted by Elaine .. perhabs Herman dont liked it and theyve got a little trouble with solving the prob. Or they had other trouble bout treasureNmore because Elaine couldnt be much older then -1 year 20 years ago -- ..

..So Lechuck then gets to the "dark" side.. perhabs he managed Hermans journey to end up shipwrecked .. maybe another voodoo-spell .. maybe after he has recognized Hermans work on the ultimate insult.

i am not through with that rock machine yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I think there was a invisible twilightzone door that makes a passage through the vulcano caves in SoMI.

The invisible twilightzone door was created by Le Chuck.

When he was defeated then the invisible twilightzone door dissapear so Guybrush enters the real monkey in EMI and not the twilight door so that way he can stear the mechanical ape figure.

You guys and girls still with me?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived