flyswa

http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps/cargobay/item-detail/7354

Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided

Manufacturer: LucasArts Entertainment Company

Release Date: 24 Jun 2003

Platform: PC

Genre: Role Playing - Massively Multiplayer Online

Description:

The Star Wars Galaxies online game series is designed to immerse players in the rich Star Wars universe. The first product, expected to release in second half 2002, will feature dynamic role-playing ground-based adventures across multiple planets in the classic Star Wars timeframe. Game play will offer a unique combination of combat, exploration, social interaction, specialized missions, and daring quests. Players will explore multiple Star Wars environments on foot or in land vehicles. Traveling between planets will be accomplished through the use of public shuttles, which ferry characters from world to world. The anticipated space component of the Star Wars Galaxies online game will add personal starships and starfighters to the game, which can be used for travel or space combat. The expansion also promises additional worlds, playable species, non-player characters, creatures, and a variety of other elements.

I am going to cross my fingers...

How long does it take for them (sony etc) to move the game to be produced (printed to CD) and finally shipped to stores, anyone have any idea? I was just thinking, Some of the devs stated that their still doing things and updating the game, Once the game is complete, how long would it take for them to get it into the shop, bearing in mind production and marketing etc?

From the game going gold? Well, depends a lot on how large the operation is, that is, what factories, delivery services etc they use. But well, at least four days. And that's if they are very, very fast, and send out the first copies as soon as they are done. Eight to ten days from now? Feh, not likely.

I agree. Can't see it happening at all now (for the 25th that is). I don't think they would just come out and say "the official release date for star wars galaxies is..............in about 5 minutes!". They're gonna make us sweat! :mad:

If i come back off my holidays (go on 27th) and the game still isn't released, i'll be suprised but not disapointed (from my perspective), selfish! but i don't want to be the outcast who's missed 2 weeks of fun. Because i won't get much sleep after that, trying to catch up........:comp9:

Theres no doubt in that. I'm happy as hell, it's when i finally beleive that its not going to be june they decide to break the news stright after i make my post. They must be watching me and trying to piss me off by making me look stupid and doing exactly the opposite i say will happen....... lets play with this......... the vehicle patch won't come in the next month, space expansion wont be here next month, all of us wont be accepted to beta 2moro!!!! You all can thank me 2moro when you get your accpetance e-mails and lucas-arts makes a press release:

"Due to changes in circumstances, the first vehicle patch will be available from next month and i'm delighted to anounce that the space expansion will be launched next month" :D :D

I thank you.:p

from paranoid pete:cool:

Archived