Home

untold battle (halo)

halo dude

The master cheif once again emerged from the cryo tube. He didn't know what was going on. That is bad. He walked to his briefing computer.

United Nations Space Command priority

unknown

encryption Code: red

public key: NA

To: Spartain 117-John

subject: Mission

classifacation:117's eyes only

As the master cheif read the file something felt odd. But heknew he had to do it. He got his weapons and left. He got his pelican ready.He knew something bad was going to happen.

You know what...the story's not done. But if you want a little something to fill in the blanks, I got it right here:

"The world just doesn't disappear when you close your eyes does it?"

- Guy Pearce, from the movie Memento

The Master Chief didn't have it easy. Being the only survivor of what happened on the ring world known as Halo is one thing, its another thing when you don't know where the hell you are.

It's the thing most feared...the dark. More specifically, the darkness of space. It is an everlasting void, an oblivion, its darkness only penetrated by the light of stars millions of light years away. But its not the darkness or the uneasiness that frightens most people, its the fear of what could be hiding in the dark. The unknown is what keeps people up at night and it is what gives children nightmares. Its the feeling you have when you know there's someone behind you but you can't see them. But in this case, the endless void of space gave reassurance to the man standing there staring at it.

"It's close isn't it?" said the Master Chief. "You mean...home?" responded the holographic model of Cortana.

"No...not home...Earth".

"Yes, its only-----. The chief interrupts her, "There's something wrong".

"What?"

The Chief says alarmingly,"Cortana, start a scan of the area."

"Another one!?, look Chief, there aren't any Covenant out there!!"

In a stern voice,"Cortana!".

"Ok, ok, here it goes!" Cortana pauses for a few minutes. Meanwhile, Master Chief stares out the window. There was something wrong here, he knew there was. If they were so close to earth, why weren't there any patrols? The military just doesn't leave homebase undefended. Cortana answers,"Chief, there is a faint plasma residue all around this area, like-----". The Chief interrupts again,"---like what a Covenant ship leaves behind."

"Well, yes chief, but..."

"Cortana, can you check if the plasma was recent?"

Cortana sighs,"Interrupt me then give me orders....", sarcastically,"...just what i always wanted in a man."

Cortana gives in,"Ok, i'll do it."

Maybe the Chief was paranoid but he thought he saw a slight...disturbance in the light from the sun...like waves or... Cortana yells,"Hey Chief!!! the plasma was very recent like....", the Chief finishes her sentence,"...they were circling around us right now!"

Cortana replies,"Your a regular Einstein!!"

Those disturbances in the light were from the stealth generators of a Covenant ship. The Master Chief had only seen two of the stealth types before and both times it wasn't seen until it was too late.

"Cortana, can you track their movements?"

"Of course, what else do you think i'm good for?"

Cortana questioned,"Chief, why do you assume that theres more than one of them?"

Master Chief pointed to the sun, "Because, if there was only one...it would report back to its ship", the Chief continued, "not move around us in a tactical pattern." "Watch the sun, Cortana". She looked, and saw that the lines of the sun were constantly shifting. Than the lines reformed into their original shape.

"Tracking coordinate patterns completed, requesting tactical manuevers", said the unusally cool voice of Cortana.

"No, Cortana. Not until we know what they are up to." The Master Chief was right. Within two minutes, the Covenant craft was in an attacking position.

"Cortana! Ready weapons!"

"But sir! Our weapons don't stand a chance at penetrating their shields!"

"I know, that isn't what i had in mind."

The Master Chief ran to the storage area in the back of the ship. He pulled out a cast iron chest and opened it. Inside were twenty-nine fragmentation grenades, four plasma grenades, and ten pounds of Cs-4. The Chief picked up the Cs-4 and carried it over to the missile armament bay. Cs-4 is a highly concentrated version of C-4 and is highly explosive but it is suprisingly more efficient and stable than C-4. The Master Chief opened the missile loading system panels and pulled the "Open Tube" switch.

"This is what i had in mind."

The Master Chief found Missile Tube 1 and opened the access panel. He then carefully taped the Cs-4 around the top part of the Archer missile and set the timer. He closed the panel and ran back to the cockpit.

"Ok. Cortana, lock on target with missle one."

"You got it, Chief!"

"Missile lock confirmed"

"Fire!"

A burst of fire erupted from Missle Tube 1 and the missile made a beeline for the target.

"Cortana, give me a countdown."

"Sixteen seconds until target impact."

"Cortana, get us out of here!"

"We're on our way."

"Twelve seconds until target impact."

"Ten seconds."

"Seven seconds."

"Five."

"Four."

"Three."

"Two."

"One."

The Covenant ship performed evasive maneuvers. The ship was fast but the missile was faster.

"Impact."

A ball of white light engulfed the Master Chief. He couldn't see a thing. The optical calibrators in his helmet screamed to life and his visor switched to a darker shade instantly. Now that he could see, he looked through the viewports on the sides of the ship. The Covenant ship's shield flickered for a second than shorted out, at the same time, the ship's stealth generators became offline. There was a wide, jagged, hole in the side of the Covenant ship and a multitude of gases began pouring out.

"Recieving visual confirmation...impact confirmed."

"Chief, didn't you say there might have been two..."

Cortana was interrupted by a bombardment of plasma blasts to the Longsword. The shots were not coming from the crippled Covenant ship.

"Ack! The ship's armor took the brunt of the damage...fortunately", said Cortana nevously. The Chief cursed himself for not remembering the fact that there was another one.

"How come we didn't find 'em?!" asked the Master Chief in anger.

"They must have been hiding under our hull, we couldn't see them", replied Cortana, trying to soothe the Chief's guilt . The ship rocked from the incoming blasts. The plasteel viewport on the right side of the ship sustained a direct hit and became cracked.

"Chief, we can't take much more of this!"

"Ok Cortana, fire missles at the following targets". The Chief inputs several locations on the Covenant ship.

"Sir! The missiles still aren't going to get past the shields!"

"Cortana...trust me."

The missiles fired and hit three locations on each side of the Covenant ship. The locations were the viewports and sensors on the ship. Basically, the Covenant ship was temporarily blinded.

"Cortana, can we enter Slipstream yet?"

"Maybe, for a short distance."

"Enough to get us to earth?"

"Affirmative."

As the Chief was about to say, "Let's go," Cortana interrupted.

"I know, I know!!"

The Longsword entered slipstream space. Then the slipstream engines shorted out just as they were past the moon. Ahead of them was a Covenant armada.

An invasion of earth was happening.

Cortana said," My God!"

Massive explosions rippled through the earth. The plasma attacks and explosions were so strong, that clouds were blown away. Large balls of fire swirled in the atmosphere. They were so massive, almost all of them could be seen from the Longsword's viewports. Thousands of Covenant craft, ranging from the small cruisers to the huge motherships, encircled the earth and were firing at a very,very, brisk pace. Debris from the destroyed Earth vessels was scattered all around and the surviving Earth ships were either crippled or on the verge of breakdown.

Out of the left viewport, Master Chief could see a ship of no configuration he had seen before. It looked Covenant in design but was more crudely shaped than others. It had a large dome structure at the top which was connected to a large shaft running down the middle. It vaguely resembled a jellyfish.

"What the hell is that?!" the Chief yelled.

The Jellyfish craft's shaft split four ways at the tip. The dome portion opened at the top and solar collectors emerged. Intense amounts of energy began building at the exposed tip of the shaft. All the other Covenant ships stopped firing.

"What's going on, why did they stop firing?" Cortana asked.

The energy collected at the base of the Jellyfish craft exploded and a huge beam of light descended upon the earth. The natural blue hue of the ocean turned to a hue reminiscent of violet-red. The land became bright orange with fire. Soon, large cracks in the earth could be seen from the Longsword's viewports, and the Master Chief knew that Earth...had fallen.

Waves of fire erupted from the North and South poles and engulfed the earth. The waves met at the equator and the entire earth literally exploded. Though most of the earth was vaporized, large chunks of earth could still be seen flying though space.

"Oh my God! I can't believe this!!!!!", screamed Cortana. The whole world literally...disappeared in front of their eyes. Gases and chunks were all that were left. The Master Chief was silent, he was still taking it all in. He just watched the origin of his very existence come to an end. Then Cortana came to life," Chief!! I'm picking up roughly five million human life signs!!"

"Where?"

"On three of the motherships."

"Cortana, can you get us close to one of those motherships."

Cortana's eyes lit up.

"What did you have in mind?", Cortana asked.

The Master Chief picked up his MA5B Assault Rifle and tossed a grenade in the air suggestingly.

"It's time for payback!!!"

(END OF CHAPTER ONE)

the spartan ran into the pelican and chose 12 ODST helljumpers, 3 plain marines,1 pilot,and 1 co-pilot. He got into his seat and got 4 hours of sleep... thump, they landed, the master cheif woke up, checked his weapons, and his ammo. As he walked out he saw a building. As he and his men walked quietly up to the rebel instalation. He peeked around the corner and fired silenced rounds into each of the 3 guards' heads. Then he saw it: THIRTEEN HUNTERS.:eek: HE notified the marines. they took out experimental launchers hopefully they work... 4 missles fired blowing the hunters to bits but one barley survived. Bullets hit the hunter's exposed areas. They ran deeper into the installation.

(any questions ask at the end of the story but don't ask about the objectives)

Archived