Home

Starsider Weeps

Danyx

Read and weep, roleplayers:

Read it in the Weekly Wednesday update:

Another thing to note, I announced the first 20 galaxies a couple months ago. When the product launches we will likely open the first 10 or so (alphabetical, some US East Coast and some US West Coast). As the servers fill up, we will open additional servers. If you are all set to play on Valcyn, for example, that server may not be up on day one but it will come up when needed. I expect the first 20 to come up fairly quickly given the pre-order numbers I’ve been hearing.

http://boards2.station.sony.com/ubb/starwars/Forum3/HTML/133184.html

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a petition to on the official forum to include starsider at launch. Q responded

I’m tempted to ask them to push Starstrider up the list because you guys are asking, but I actually think it is more to your benefit that it isn’t one of the first. The first servers are going to be filled by the fastest to register players, you want your RP crowd to not have to compete with those people for space on the server, right? Plus I don’t think the tech guys will let me change the order.

Wow this really sucks :mad: :mad:

Not going to happen, Q already posted on it. He said he was tempted to request it since so many had asked for it in beta and official boards, but if you think about it, this might be a GOOD thing.

The masses will jump on those first ten and stay there. When Starsider, the roleplayers will start over there and leave those power gamers on the first ten servers where they are happily rushing to end-game.

Keep in mind folks, the RPers of SWG have had a back up plan in place. Assuming Starsider fills up, then Sunrunner will be our next choice. PAs will have to coordinate accordingly of course, as the server may become overly laggy due to the number of players, but remember, you can always choose a different place to put your PA hall, perhaps someplace a little less crowded.

*rereads to make sure he hasn't broken the NDA*

I think that should do.

Sunshine is totally on the mark. It took me several character wipes in beta before I found what I liked. Think of it as a try out to get to know the game and the character professions before yiou settle down on your home server.

Can you transfer your characters between servers? In other words, can I create Froobuk on Eclipse, then move him to starsider once its opened?

I think what he is trying to say is when the other servers open make characters and if you don't like it you can tweak it just right and then when starstrider opens you can bust out the kick ass Character of your dreams. For once Sunshine has a good idea...although he isnt RIGHT .

~SK~

Will the servers be completely full by late November (when I'm starting). I'll probably go US West, because that's closer to Aus, but does it really matter with lag??? I want to go on an RP server, it seems more interesting. I've always tried to RP'd but not on RP servers. Hopefully I can get on a good server though.

Originally posted by ShadowGecko

Will the servers be completely full by late November (when I'm starting). I'll probably go US West, because that's closer to Aus, but does it really matter with lag??? I want to go on an RP server, it seems more interesting. I've always tried to RP'd but not on RP servers. Hopefully I can get on a good server though.

The copy you get if you buy in AUstralia will likly be geared towards Australians. I'm willing to bet that they will put up an Australian server as well as several Euro servers...that is why the game is coming out later for you peeps...they have to set them up first.

I hope they do put up an Australian server. They had an Asia one for Diablo II. It was intended for the Australia, New Zealand etc, but hell, that was the worst thing ever. You could never get into a game without someone spamming random letters and numbers and calling you a n00b because you actually wanted to do a quest and used a necromancer or paladin. Anyway, either way, I just hope I can have fun with some friends for once. I usually play MMORPGS with myself... it gets very boring when you're low level in a zone by yourself killing low lvl mobs.

Archived