Home

Antitrust 2: The Return of NURV

Writer

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Mini time skip...))

Lisa was getting a little edgy. It seemed like any time she turned around, Milo was right there. She knew he was watching her and it made her nervous. It almost made her wish Gary had not put her in this place. But she was where she was and nothing could change that now.

Danni was stuck in her writing. She'd decided that there needed to be some kind of malfunction in Gary's security system... but how could such a thing be arranged?

"How's it coming?" Lizza asked quietly as she entered Danni's room. Danni was so focused on her typing that she'd drowned out all other sources of input. She jumped.

"Oh," she said. "I'm a little stuck. I know we want Gary's security system to malfunction, but I haven't come up with a convincing way to pull it off."

"That's easy," Lizza answered. She began talking, but stopped when Danni's face went blank.

"Uh, yeah," she said. "I didn't get a word of that..."

Lizza laughed. "You're talking to a girl who's spent most of her life toying with security systems. Kelli and I can handle sabatoging a security system and making it look like a genuine fault."

"Ok," Danni said. She typed in: (Leave sabatoge to Lizza and Kelli). Then, she looked up. "Ryan's going to be a 250 pound system repairman.... what?"

Lizza was giggling. "I'm sorry... I just can't picture Ryan being 250 pounds."

Danni raised an eyebrow. "Anything's possible in writing."

"I'll leave you to your fantasy world," Lizza said, still giggling. She turned and left, allowing Danni to continue writing.

"Fair enough," Danni answered, looking up from her computer. "Ryan's character is settled. The conflict is decided. Now, all that's left is the basic step by step of what he needs to do."

She again explained that they'd be turning her brother into a 250 pound man with a handlebar mustache and big glasses. "But we'll get him dressed up like that after we figure out how to keep Lisa and John from seeing him like that."

"Good luck with that," Ryan offered helpfully. He turned and left.

(Time skip)

John finished the two versions of the script in four days. No further attacks were made on the house. Lisa could tell that the people didn't trust her and it made her nervous. She called Gary daily to plead with him to let her leave. He always refused.

"If they don't know you know, you can still work for me," he said.

Onthe other hand, John felt totally trusted. They talked to him about their plans for the script and made suggestions for revision.

Meanwhile, Danni continued to write the real script. She finished it a day before John finished his and a meeting occurred in the computer room. John was working on his scripts, Lisa was locked away in her room. The meeting was held by Lizza, David, Milo, Ryan, Kelli, Kevin (the doctor), and Danni.

These people went over the real plan. A day later, they went over the plan that John would think was the real plan. Lisa was left out of both meetings. John was left out of the first. Lisa knew she was not trusted, but John was kept clueless about how much the others knew about him.

"I hope this works," Danni told the others at the second meeting (the one with John). "I'd hate to have to live on the run forever."

"We won't have to," Ryan said, sporting his fake mustache, the 'disguise' John was led to believe would be the final disguise. "I'm a good actor. We'll make this work."

"I was thinking of leaking one of these to Lisa," Milo said. "But she knows we know she works for Gary. It would sort of defeat the tension if we were to pretend to trust her now. I guess what I'm saying, John, is thank you for writing two scripts... but I think now all we need is one. Without Lisa knowing about one of them, Gary wouldn't know the difference."

"Maybe we should let Lisa see one," Danni said thoughtfully. "She knows we know she works for Gary. But she doesn't know we know she knows."

"Don't get too mixed in your words," Ryan laughed. "You're gonna make my head spin."

"You already made mine spin," Kevin laughed. Kelli nodded slowly in agreement.

"I think I understand," Milo said. "Perhaps if I show Lisa one of these scripts, she will think that she was just being paranoid about us knowing she works for Gary. She'll give him the script and we'll work off the other one. She'll feel safer and we'll still get what we want."

"Exactly," Danni said. "So now let's put it to a vote. We've read both scripts. Which one do we want to use? And which one are we going to give Lisa?"

Archived