Home

Antitrust 2: The Return of NURV

Writer

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danielle watched David drive away and then turned to Gary.

"I hope he'll be OK," she said. Then she put a worried look on her face. "Maybe I should go help him."

"You heard him say he'd be fine," Gary objected. "Why don't you stay and enjoy the party."

She obediently stayed, but 10 minutes later, she faked illness and went home. She didn't even bother with changing before going over to David's house and banging on his door.

"You're an idiot, David," she yelled through the door. He opened the door and let her in. "Don't you realize that what you did tonight could have gotten you killed?"

She paused to let him answer, but then noticed his computer, which had each camera's display on it. She went over to the computer and looked closer. As she did, her eyes widened as she recognized some of Gary's old friends.

"Anything new?" Gary asked.

"Just trying to get one last thing and then we'll be ready to start feeding you info," his friend replied. Danielle turned her eyes to David.

"Milo knew," she whispered.

"I haven't changed my mind on that," Danielle said. "I'm sure there was an easier way for you to plant these cameras without getting cought. You're forgiven though."

She sighed. "I need some sleep. Goodnight, David."

"See ya at work tomorrow."

David continued watching, he knew there was no other way to get the feed. He quickly sent the stream to Milo, along and added his computer to the stream line, sending all video to Milo. After that he went to clean his wound some more, he also put a dressing on it. after that he took some painkiller and went to bed.

Meanwhile, in Gary's house, Gary was having a quiet conversation with a man David had never seen before. For a little while, the conversation was carried out on paper, but then they began to speak.

"They did?" Gary asked. "When?"

"The night of the party," the other man replied. "They had them ready and got the placement just right."

"Dispose of them," Gary said, his voice suddenly quiet. "If they can't do the work they said they would do, we need to get them out of business."

"When do you want it done?" the man asked.

"As soon as you can get it done," Gary said.

"Payment?" the man asked.

"When the job's done," Gary said.

David sat back in horror. Had this been an arrangement for the deaths of himself and Danielle? Suddenly, his phone rang.

"That was for you, David," Milo said before David could respond. "Get Danielle and get out of there."

With that, he hung up, leaving David horrified. The trouble was that Danielle didn't know of any of these events. She was back at her house getting ready for bed, all without a clue of what was coming for her.

"What's wrong?" she called. Suddenly David heard a bang, then a scream. He was getting ready to rush up the stairs, but before he could take action, Danielle came tumbling down. He rushed over to her, thinking that she had already been killed, but as he got there, she stirred.

"Remind me not to do that again," she mumbled, staggering to her feet. She winced as she put her weight on her left leg, quickly taking the pressure off that leg. "Do you have any idea how bad it hurts to be shot?"

Without much thought, David picked her up and carried her out to his car. His cell phone rang.

"Are you out?" Milo asked.

"You too man" Said David "We'll see you soon."

David hanged up and took a right turn. After a while they came into a motel. David got out, showed his ID to the manager. THe manager nodded and gave him a key. He went back to the car.

"OK, I know the guy who owns this place. He's a good guy so he won't rat us out."

"I'm sure you find that very comforting," Danielle said, "but for somebody who had a bullet go through their leg, I think a hospital would sound better."

She saw the look on David's face and sighed.

"I know," she said. "It's too risky with some crazy kook I used to call a boss trying to kill us. I'm sorry. This sounds great. Movies?"

Meanwhile, at Gary's house, Gary was pacing impatiently. The phone rang.

"What!" he barked. "They've escaped?... I thought you said they wouldn't understand us from what we said out loud... Yes, I guess they did. Find them."

Back at the hotel, the phone rings and David picks it up.

"Are you safe now?" Milo asks. "How is Danielle?"

"Stay right where you are," Milo said. "They don't know where you are. Make sure you keep it that way. In fact, keep on the move if Danielle can handle it. Never stay anywhere for more than a couple of days. Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out a way to stop them. We could use Synapse, but we don't know enough yet. You can help by thinking and having Danielle do the same."

"Keep on the move?" Danielle asked when David told her. "Sure, I can do that. Where to next?"

Her face suddenly lit up. "We could ask my sister to get into NURV. She could get information and get out. Then she'd send the info to either us or Milo and we could use Synapse to spread the word."

Then her face fell again. "But I'd worry that she'd be caught. Any ideas from you?"

Archived