Home

Three word story! (or not...)

J/k, we don't want to crash Lucasforums with a 3 word story.

Anyway, this is an adventure game forum and it looks very sparse so heres something adventury. The latest newsletter from House of Tales (makers of Mystery of the Druids) reveals they're making Mobile Adventure games! You can apaprently download them onto your mobile for Eu4.99.

The first one is called The Black Hole, and seems to be a 1st person sci-fi game.

You can read about it here.

(The website has really snazzy music!. Unfortunately I haven't got a compatible mobile so I can't play the game yet)

Anyone tried it?

It sounds like an interesting idea, but I wonder whether ags on phones would be fun. Maybe its a money spinner to fund The Moment of Silence?

If I'm not mistaken flash cartridges can be bought for the GBA. Then it'd just be a matter of either altering the interface of ScummVM, or just having you control the mouse with the d-pad, and making it work on a GBA. Sounds complicated, yes. But that's what the nuts behind ScummVM are for. I mean, they've ported it to the PalmPilot.

Except GBA's have like 1 meg of RAM, making it quite the programming feat to fit ScummVM, let alone ScummVM running DOTT (with its PC version requiring 4 megs of ram minimum) into a GBA. I bet it could be done though, if you used even ****tier quality sounds and stuff.

I think they more or less rewrote Broken Sword from scratch for it to work on the GBA. That makes sense though considering broken sword was originally 640x480 etc etc. DOTT could nearly fit on a GBA screen minus the verbs and inventory though... so you just sort of wish it would just work, you know :) I'm sure that if you wanted to go and totally rewrite a new adventure game engine specifically for the GBA and plug in modified DOTT character art and copied over the puzzles you could do that... but I'm looking for a more lazy solution.

Scummvm is available for both PalmOS and PocketPC, thus you _can_ play DoTT on your handheld and when they get their Beneath a Steel Sky port working you can play that too.

Why scream for a solution when one already exists? :)

awww, I'd love to have a phone that could play that game..

Originally posted by BigJKO

If I'm not mistaken flash cartridges can be bought for the GBA.

yeh, they're extreeeeeeeeemely expensive tho. I think there *is* a version of scummvm for GBA though, though I could be wrong.

1)I don't have time to actually read this thread, as I'm taking up valuable *cough* work time.

2)Hi! I'm back, as I occasionally find myself with free time. I'm sure you missed me. You can thank the Spam King for asking for my assistance.

3)I advertised it once before, to no avail, and I don't have the link now, but I made a CGI script for my dorky high school friends that allows you to do all those fun group story things, such as 3 word (fully customizable, thanks to my genius). If I find the URL, I'll post it, and you can spare LucasForums.

4)I'm sure Nick Drake fits in here somewhere.

Well, it's at http://twifkak.port5.com/ , but while you can create new stories/rulesets, you can't seem to contribute to them, or delete them when you screw up in the creation (not that I did that twice), and I can't seem to get FTP working ATM, so it's stuck in its dysfunctional state.

When it's working, I'll repost, with basic operating instructions. Why? Because like a beaver, I gnaw on C++ code in my spare time. Well, like a beaver that happens to be proficient in C++, any way. No, I don't literally gnaw on it. Usually.

Say Devin, do you know Java? Could you make a small java thing that manipulates the statue in the Church? When you click on the little floating circle with Ashcroft's head (separate image, via CSS positioned over the genitals of the statue) the statue is revealed in its nude splendor. PHP is more robust, true, but Java would be gentler and there would be no need for the whole page to load again.

Oh, and pardon my laziness. I don't feel like sending you a letter. I hope you can relate to that. Good thing about this temporary forum is that you cannot really post off-topic.

Sounds more like a job for javascript (much as I despise it). If I'm not too lazy, I could even make it so that clicking links to other pages continues the nudity, as opposed to returning the statue to its original state. However, I'm too lazy. How does this stuff work? Seeing as it's all in PHP, is there a separate HTML template somewhere, or is all the HTML code in the PHP?

Whee! spam.

Yeah, so, with the story thing, I spent five minutes fixing one thing, and the rest seems to work now. Whatever. It's here. I started one (because teh creation process is a little long, I suppose) called 3worDS. Click view, click it, click select, type stuff. Don't forget your name. When you've posted, pick a color and tell me, and I'll add you to the legend. Or just find the CSS editing thing yourself, if you're the adventurous, nerdy type. There. Or just ignore it. :p

Yes, Kingz, I haven't worked on the statue thing at all yet. It's a combination of just getting a PS2 this week (I'll start a thread at somepoint asking people to regurgitate suggestions for the billionth time soon) and having stuff to do after work.

STORY!

(Yes, it's spam, but it's good spam, no?)

Archived