Home

Rumor mill - feed away!

This should give you parasites something to talk about until the site comes back. ;)

So I've heard these rumors about Al Lowe, right? How he may be getting back into game design? Well, I e-mailed Al Lowe and asked him if he'd make an official comment on the rumors.

I received this in my inbox:

"My only official comment is 'Yes, that is a rumor.'"

Now, you are free to read into that however you wish. :)

~stinger~

With Jane's revival back into the gaming industry, maybe this is a new thing going on with the industry: small companies start by bringing big names from the good ol' days. Al Lowe makes the funniest games ever, so he'd be a welcome change since funny games are pretty slim these days.

--BPF

Wow, Stinger-- super moderator! ...

(*reaches for the gas can and asks somebody in the crowd for a match*)

Well, you'd think if it was completely false, Al would have said so, as he wouldn't want to be hounded perpetually by the adventure community over nothing, huh?

Wouldn't it be cool if he were making a new ag? Al Lowe is a very funny writer (OK, so Larry may not be to everyones taste, but Freddy Phrakas was great too, and there was no smut in that one :D)

I'm with you Skinny, if there was nothing to the rumours then he'd probably have denied it right out. But it might not mean it's true either; just that he may consider it a possibility himself.

I personally hope it is true; while we may not get Larry 8, an Al Lowe original adventure would be a real shot in the arm. And Larry is a personal hero - I aspire to be him :D

Originally posted by ragou

I bet it's a tennis game anyway. ;)

Imagine a tennis match between Larry and Freddy:

- Larry to serve

- Net

- Second serve

- Net

- Freddy to serve

- Net

- Second serve

- Net

etc....

That would be such an exciting tennis match! I can hardly wait! Come on Al, show the world how a tennis game is ment to look like! :D

there was a thread about this on the justadventure forum... al posted to it himself. didn't say anything about the rumor, but it was interesting that he posted to the thread at all.

where did this rumor start? i guess it was after the announcement that jane jensen was making another game? was it at E3?

i'd love a new Al Lowe game. i like serious games, but there's always room for some good humor.

-emily

A not quite official confirmed rumour... ;) The developers of Legacy: Dark Shadows are working on the story and artwork of a new adventure game that will be released within a year after LDC. It will be based on a super hero comic called Mr. Cat... I must admit I never ever heard of it, so if everybody nows some links... :rolleyes:

It will use the LDC engine with some little adjustments to let it look like a comic...

There are also some updates of LDC on its way... music, artwork, pictures and maybe an update of the Alpha II...

[edit]see Inventory 7 for a little bit of artwork of the new game

Originally posted by DomStLeger

OK, so Larry may not be to everyones taste, but Freddy Phrakas was great too, and there was no smut in that one :D)

No smut? I must have been imagining the bit where Freddy went to the local brothel and ended up in bed with the madam then. ;)

It was all done in the best possible taste though.

Originally posted by stepurhan

No smut? I must have been imagining the bit where Freddy went to the local brothel and ended up in bed with the madam then. ;)

It was all done in the best possible taste though.

lol

Ok it's got less smut that the smutfests that are the larry games :D

Originally posted by tabacco

I want a join game effort of Al Lowe and Tim Schafer! That'd be great! :)

I think Al Lowe and Mike Stemmle would be better paired, considering they're like the same person.

I was going to say the same about Lowe and Stemmle, until I noticed Jake and Marek did it first. Beyond their striking physical resemblance, though, they seem to share a similar sense of humour and I imagine that a game they collaborated on would be brilliant.

Archived