Home

What new sites would you like to see?

Benny

I would really like to see a big meta-lec music site, a bit like MIAC when it was good and remotely to do with Lucasarts. It could be categorised by games and author and perhaps have mini reviews, most popular files or whatever. I have over a gig of lec music on my hd, so there's plenty of potential content and there's lots of stuff that people wont find unless they trawl remix sites, like the Ballblazer remix for example. Of course it would also encourage people to make new remixes/music which is what we all really want of course. I'm looking at you Highland Productions¬

The other one i'd like is a big site documenting various aspects of SCUMM resource files and other Lec formats with a view to people being easily able to write tools based around them. Plus articles on how to do/make various things, with a view to helping new people get involved. In other words I want Lucashacks back but expanded.

Those are the ones i'd love to do if I had the time. Someone who isnt me, make them right now. What new sites would everyone else like to see?

Anyone who says "The Scumm Bar 2!" will die¬

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Mojo returns in full you can set it to display Mac-only news if you want.

The Music site is a great idea Ben, I'd love to see that. "LucasTunes" hehe... perhaps not ¬

Anyway, I think a big library of LucasArts merchandise would be really useful. Like a list of every item ever produced related to a game, hopefully with pictures submitted from the fanbase. So you could select a game, Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis, for example, and it would load up a page with a list of all the related products. This would mean comics, posters, soundtracks.. everything! It would be an invaluable resource for collectors like myself, and also useful if you are unsure as to an item on Ebay's reliability. The other day I saw a "Monkey Island" (air quotes) blow up Monkey. Jake said it WAS used by LucasArts at the EMI party, BUT wasn't an official product.

Does LucasMacs no longer exist, then? (Ignoring the fact that every Mojo-hosted site is dead right now. :))

The music thing sounds like a good idea. I think someone (Twilo?) was planning to create such a site at some stage - dedicated to fan art and fanfic as well - but that idea obviously fell by the wayside. I'd still like to see it though, particularly if it had all sorts of mega-interactive ratings and reviews and all sorts. And a way of making fun of really bad fanfic.

Oh, and some kind of Monkey Island related gaming clan. That'd be really good, man.

I think all of these ideas would be excelent.

That merchandise site would be great, if this thread is anything to go by. I think it would be cool.

It could also be a like an online fan marketplace, where fans could sell stuff they don't want (yeah, like we have stuff we don't want) to other fans.

QueZtone already has one of sorts, but it would be cool to expand it!

Originally posted by Huz

Oh, and some kind of Monkey Island related gaming clan. That'd be really good, man.

We tried that a couple of years ago. But alas, The Monkey Island Counter-Strike Clan (MICSC) never achieved the status that MIQC had. I remember one clan match we had. Our clan (around 10-15 guys) against some other clan (only 2 guys!). It was kinda pathetic. But it can't hurt to try again with another game. This game here has a lot of potential.

Yeah, Oystein, then they attempted "The Monkey Island Clan Page" which was an abysmal, constantly "coming soon" style flop.

I want to see a Mojo Store, where they import crap for Europeans and maybe sell their own produce. ;-

Nice! Do you think we should take this merchandise site idea (for starters) into our hands and develop something?

- games
 +- boxes / versions
 +- secondary merchandise
 +- promotional material
- misc. merchandise

Who's with me?

I remember the name.. I'd have to see it to say if I'd visited though.

Anyway, I can't make a merchandising website, I have my hands full with LucasTones. I uploaded all my photo's here so whoever does make the site is more than welcome to use the pics.

Mojo Imports would be so great.

Its so annoying that people outside the US can't buy clothing stuff and other fun things from the LucasArts store.

I'm sure that they could enter into some kind of distribution agreement with LucasArts. I'm sure that their agreements with overseas distributors wouldn't cover clothing etc.

Mixnmojo t-shirts would be cool as well.

Purple shirt, with "mojo" emblazened on the chest.

Awesome!

Well, looking at the calls for a store, lec-super-site, etc, one thought comes to mind... A mall. LOL

Seriously, though, there are hosted sites on mojo that handle the "super site" portion.

As far as the store, there's a concept that might work.

One section for mojo goodies, one for ebay-ish fan collectables sales, and one for "slingshot" sales across the pond.

I was going to suggest a search engine which could search all the hosted sites, so if someone wanted to find, say, references to Stan, they could do a search from mojo and get hits on the hosted sites - We could call it mixngoogle LOL

Originally posted by Marek

Maybe I should reopen my Cavedog Adventure Central website which I'm sure everyone remembers.

HEE! I remember that site. Think I might have visited it once.

As for both the "Mojo import store" and "Mojo quality merchandise store" both have been thought of and very much talked about, but we're not sure if we can do either of them. As for running an import store, I don't know if we legally can. On top of that, LEC might already be doing an international store which is nice. Maybe some sort of classifieds page for collectors to trade things would be a decent addition to the site.

As for doing some sort of merchandise, I'd love to. I don't know if there's any market for stuff that says "Mixnmojo" on it and has the voodoo doll or something, but it's been forever tempting to try and talk LucasArts into letting us make some retro logo shirts with the Monkey 1 and 2 logos, Grim logos (and sproutella symbol, etc), Corley Motors symbol, etc to make shirts out of. I don't think they'd go for it though, even if we did end up sending them (almost) all of the profits.

And, from the beginning of this thread, It'd be damn cool if someone put together a music-centered site. The old off-site MIAC was starting to do a music section before they exploded, and I was really looking forward to it. I know sites like iMuse island and Scumm Bar have fan music sections, but without the comments section and descriptions and stuff it's nowhere near as fun and community-building-friendly as the MIAC format was.

The network needs a Psychonauts fan page. And I'm not talking about that scary church thing. A proper one. (Sorry Kingzjester.) Do you guys all remember that excellent Grim Fandango page around the time it was released? The one Tim mentioned in his developer diary at the time? Well, something like that needs to be done for Psychonauts soon. *looks at Jake*

Archived