Home

What new sites would you like to see?

Benny

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by bgbennyboy

Nice one Jake. I repeat, someone who isnt me make that music site right now.

I'm currently wearing my ACTION PANTS! My pants are up to the challenge. I'll do the music site if nobody else wants to - I have Mindbent & Kickstand on mojo though and would hate to seem like I'm doing a monopoly.

uhm, you're unhappy with my art n music site. huh. good thing i like it my self atleast. i could insert php-scrips for comments if people would appriciate that. havent sucessfully installed a php-browsing-system though. meh.

Mojo has around four or five music sites ¬

I think the general idea is to have a decent database of every single piece of lucasarts (videogame) music ever, nicely divided into sections, with the options to add comments and upload your work etc etc.

Originally posted by Ben Whatsisname

I'm currently wearing my ACTION PANTS! My pants are up to the challenge. I'll do the music site if nobody else wants to - I have Mindbent & Kickstand on mojo though and would hate to seem like I'm doing a monopoly.

Seeing that you have two sites, and one of them being high maintenance over the next year or so with FT2, it might be better to have somebody else do it. I think a site like this would require a lot of work and maintenance seeing that there are a lot of interest in it. We were talking about it on our super-sikrit IRC channel and we volunteered scabb for no good reason at all. He would also get help from various people getting it up and running. Just my 5 cents.

Thats true, it would require a lot of time and work to be half-decent. It might be difficult for Ben to spare the time with his other sites. Scabb has plenty time on his hands would do a damm good job and of course we can all help him as he needs it since this really is a community-based site. I too nominate Scabbo, assuming he is willing of course.

I hate all ¬

I mean, yes, I do have too much spare time and I'd be willing to stick some effort into organising benny's extensive and legally sound mp3 collection, I guess.

And yes, bring back the #m-i site

Originally posted by scabb

I hate all ¬

I mean, yes, I do have too much spare time and I'd be willing to stick some effort into organising benny's extensive and legally sound mp3 collection, I guess.

I'm happy you want to do it - take a look at http://www.totallyunwired.net/1138/1138.html and tell me if you like it and/or want to use the work I did to speed the site along. It's got no real code in it yet, and I'm not trying to get 15 more minutes of fame, just don't really enjoy the thought of the work going unused. :)

Originally posted by bgbennyboy

...and of course we can all help him as he needs it since this really is a community-based site.

I like that idea. How about setting up a kind of brainstorming thread (database/pages design, art) or arrange a time/place for a chat.

Ben, the title and its graphic are coool!

Originally posted by Carl Shutt

I'd like a site where I could get my twelve-part Zak McCracken fanfic hosted.

Mojo says they are expecting 100% data restoration, which means Mindbent should be safe - if so, I will add the fanfic to it (still have the originals floating around, I think - post me an url to them just in case please). If Mindbent is dead, I shall search my thousands of backup cd's, revive it (I know I saved a copy of the completed site....somewhere) and add your fanfic. Either way, I'd be happy to host it on mojo's Zak McKracken fansite.

I'm kinda new here, but I've been looking for a site where i can get music for Lucasgames for a while and you guys are my new heroes, but after reading Bigbenny's brainstorm list I think that if you had a user upload service people might abuse it or cause problems in the database. You should compile a list of the tracks you need and have people send them to you so you could upload them. I know it would be extra work on your part, but it would mean that the site would be easier to find your way around and find what you need, or be able to see a list of what you don't have so that people wouldn't needlessly go on a wild-goose chase. Otherwise, the layout you've come up with is amazing and I'm really looking forward to the site. I'm not sure how I would be able to contribute though... :(

Ah but the upload system as I imagine it wouldn't automatically go straight into the database. Staff would have to check it first, but once they have they wouldn't need to do anything, just ok it and then it goes in.

Ahh, that would fix it. But I think it would still be a good idea to have a list of all the tracks you need and people would also be able to upload to that list even if they didn't have the track themselves. Just a thought, and thanks for the clarification. YOu guys should be immortalized.

Surprisingly when you actually sit down and seperate out fan music and remixes from simple re-recordings and soundtracks theres not actually a huge amount. Should still be a decent amount to start with though, i'll post a list of what I have when I stop being lazy.

I would like if we could have mojo gear like lucasarts has lucas gear and could some one talk to merfatcat about unbanning me i only used this screen name to write this and i plan to write a huge apology if any body can get merfatcat to negotaite with me pls. anyone.

Oh and I wanna declare a truce with Setion. Lets go bug Zhandu instead! Eh!

Pls pls pls, prtty pls unbann me

If you want to be unbanned, then please use the preferred form of begging by following these simple guidelines:

a) Try doing it in the forum you were actually banned in!

b) Try using private messages rather than attempting to post something relevant which suddenly manifests itself as a rambled plea halfway through the first sentence.

c) Start a petition

d) Send a full report detailing the reasons why you were banned, three things you have learned since the incident and a full apology to the mod who banned you. Sending it several times will help.

This matter will then be put in front of the council, with an admin residing over the session as High Judge. You will be allowed to nominate someone as your forum legal representative, or if you feel you know enough about forum law then you can represent yourself. A panel of estabilished members from different forums will then look over the finer details of your case, and a decision on whether or not you shall remain banned will be made within the following 24 hours.

I highly recommend the latter.

Archived