=A= newsletter

-=ReApEr=-

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING ASSOCIATES!

Isnt it a lovely day?

I think it is.

Well, we have some things to discuss dont we?

let me list them for you. Lets start with the bad news.

LF HAS BEEN STRUCK BY LIGHTING!

Well not exactly . LF (lucasforums) has many fansites. http://www.swgalaxies.net is one of them. The server of LF has been struck by, lets say something unethical and a lot of fansites were whiped of the hard disk. Yes SWgalaxies.net was one of them. Fortunatly they were able to get some vague traces of the site of the destroyed hard disk. But lets say it was a total loss. All PA data have been wiped, all news, all polls, all comments, all articles, all dev news. Juztyn has been working around the clock to get it up and running again. And i spoke to him yesterday that he is expecting friday or saturday to be the day that SWG.net is back up. I will be reinstating the PA on swg.net and you all will be able to startregistering again there :D

All members are required to do so.

RELEASE ME!

yes people, the FINAL release date has been anounced. in about 7 days from now, SWG will be in the stores and hopefully my pre ordered copy will be delivered at my house

I have been playing a lot of beta so i know how the game is :p

I dont know if im breaking the NDA by saying: THIS GAME IS FRIKKEN AWESOME!

i havent had a decend night sleep in 2 weeks (no lie)

June 26th people... will be the day that the Associates go live. I hope to see a lot of the people on day one... but thats ok if its not so :D

WELL SHUT ME DOWN!

Other bad news has been released. Our beloved Starsider server wont be up from the start of SWG :(. I just heard this yesterday. It will be up, but like a week after release. I say we still should stay with the Starsider.

I have been talking (real quickly) with Jan Gaarni about this. and he said SunRunner. So lets just go there for the first week. Discover somethings.

Learn the game a bit and when Starsider is up do a massive move. what do you think?

Forums will be open for comment on this.

BENDING THE RULES!

As some of you may know, i have been in beta the past 2 weeks. played night after night and got like NO sleep at all.

But im also working on a starter guide for you people. I have had some experience in game that got me killed or incapped, but should have gone better if i approached it differently.

So im making a small guide that i will post on the forums and Mail you all. but the NDA is still up. there are some speculations that it will be gone monday, so i will post it monday :D (if the NDA is down)

THE RETURN OF THE COMBAT MEDIC!

many of you know that we have a person in our PA who is a Helicopter pilot in the US army. recently he came back from 2 tours. Afghanistan and Iraq. I would like to welcome him home and say that we really missed him. Welcome back Muraschu.

(on a side note. Kwok has mailed me and he is still in :p)

THE PA IS LOOKING FOR YOU!

70 members is a lot. 7 leaders are not much. the PA is looking for serious leaders who are willing to do small parts for the PA. I would like to adress the architects under us to make contact with me over AIM, ICQ or MSN. to discuss some pressing matters. In all groups (except for the bounty hunter and commerce groups) we need people to help out. There will be a thread open 2 morrow on the forums asking for help. Im probably getting my ass kicked for not discussing this with the other leaders :p. But i dont care :p

IT IS AN INTERESTING WEB WE TINGLE.

There has been an enormous discussion going on about the websites. we currently have 3 available websites and a fourth is coming into the picture wich i will tell you all abou later. like monday

The discussion about the websites is a discussion for the leaders at this time. we will talk about it next sunday meeting and you will hear a definate answer on the websites.

WE WANNA BE FREE. TO DO WHAT WE WANNA DO.

Thats about a small motto for our PA. And its an awesome song by Svenson and van Gielen. Im planning on making a flash movie about our PA. One that is taking about 3 minutes to play :D. Im asking all 70 members, to please in game. when you have made your charachter, to find a really cool background and set your character toward you and make a screenshot using the print

screen button. these screenshots must be sent to me at erik.klasen@planet.nl with the screenshot and you name in game and on the forums. To make NO mistakes . and i will put you all in the flash movie

AGAIN WE MEET YOUNG ASSOCIATE!

For next sunday i would like to invite the following people to the

associates leader chat.

All architects. Swediot. Murashu. Reaper. Lord Helmet. Gaalgoth. Jan Gaarni and Setsuko.

The meeting will be at 10 PM my time lets calculate shall we?

10 PM euro time = 9 PM UK time = 4 PM New York time = 1 PM LA time.

If you are somewhere else .. and you already see you wont make it, please mail me at erik_klasen@hotmail.com

All information on the meeting will be available ... when we can the monday after that

Thats about it.

If you got any questions or points for the leaders, please mail them to erik_klasen@hotmail.com or post them on our forrums.

May the GNARLY GNORT be your regular cantina

Erik Klasen

A.K.A. Wraith 8

thank you for inviting me all mighty leader to your leader meeting but i wish to talk to you about somethings i will email you tonite or i might install aim on MY NEW COMPUTER (sorry had to do it:D) and see if your on well.. oh but i will probably go to the allmighty leader meeting... umm yeh so ill email when i get back from school or talk to you....

Sounds good Wraith. I think it would be cool to help lead the Combat group, but I guess that's up to Set. I'll ask tomorrow when the thread is posted.

[Edit] Oh, and something else. A lot of people are saying they will go to Sunrunner until Starsider opens up. Well, that's not going to work either. Sunrunner is farther down the list than Starsider, and if they open the servers in alphabetical order...

yes but everyone cant be a leader (becuase we would have a lot of fights if everyone wanted to lead) the pa would quickly go down the drain... incase you didnt get my email wraith i cant make it to the leaders meeting because i have school... yes unfortionately i have to go :D but if you could email me and tell me why u wanted me to come that would be cool... thanks

Originally posted by swediot=)

yes but everyone cant be a leader (becuase we would have a lot of fights if everyone wanted to lead) the pa would quickly go down the drain... incase you didnt get my email wraith i cant make it to the leaders meeting because i have school... yes unfortionately i have to go :D but if you could email me and tell me why u wanted me to come that would be cool... thanks

Well we wouldn't have fights, because each group would have organised leadership. For example i am Co leader of the Bounty Hunter Group but Gaalgoth is whom i take orders from. :)

We will probally post a list of the leaders and who controls what to stop fights, i would suggest the leaders are organised something like this. Note i will use the BH group for example:

Leader:Gaalgoth

Co Leader:ReApEr

Then have Liets, whom help the Leader of the co leader and are in charge of certain things when both leaders are off. Tell me if you like the sound of this. ;)

Sounds good. You are drifting slowly to the idea of rank in our PA. Instead of a couple leaders leading a mass. Its an organized idea. I personally like rank, I kind of like it cause it makes me have a goal in the PA to get a better rank. Well leaders do you think we should have rank? I don't know how rank would be in non-combat groups though...Also awards would be cool for outstanding deeds and such.

Ranks will pretty much be like in real life, for instance, CEO of Commerce and Transportation (maybe :D ).

When it comes to Set's group, it will be up to her if she wants to have military ranks:

General

Colonels

Majors

etc...

or just the usual thug rankings:

Captain

Lietenants

Thugs

:D

Seriously, I think she wants to go with more like the latter way, a more lose ranking, not like the former, a very disciplined ranking.

rode_ride@hotmail.com <- my e-mail for the news letter

Anyway, for the leaders of certain groups, why not, in the Supportive Groups, have co-leaders for certain things.

1. The leader of the Supportive group is Greg. He could be considered a "General Manager." People under him, that will run other things can be called Managers.

-For the Chef's, why not have a Manager over the chefs.

-For the Creature Handler's, why not have a manager for those people(I will step in for the role ;) ).

-Same for Architects, entertainers, ect. It would reduce the strain on Greg, since he would have to know all about all of these skill trees. He could simply relay orders, and do high "General Manager" things.

i think people didnt quite get this :D

the CO leaders have full power over the PA.. leaderts have jusr\t power over some stuff... i hate to burst your bubble or make it larfer :D but you and gaalgoth have equally enough power of the bounty group :D

BUT ofcourse i hope you do understand that gaal was offcially the founder of this PA. :D

-Wraith 8-

Originally posted by TheMaestro

Newsletter, great idea! We should make sure to have co-authors...so it can always be created weekly or soemthing.

Most excellent idea! The co-authors should be the co-leaders and they can write articles about how the week went, important announcements, current issues, and if they will be "holding" anything and where/when will it be.

Originally posted by Mister E

i think people didnt quite get this :D

the CO leaders have full power over the PA.. leaderts have jusr\t power over some stuff... i hate to burst your bubble or make it larfer :D but you and gaalgoth have equally enough power of the bounty group :D

BUT ofcourse i hope you do understand that gaal was offcially the founder of this PA. :D

-Wraith 8-

I know we have the same power, im a bit comfused now. :p

I vote for Donnie Darko as the Teras Kasi Artist leader unless he does not want to be or if we don't need a leader at all. We could just be a communist coalition. :D

Also I think having ranks would be cool, but perhaps using a unique set of ranks would be really cool. =]

~SK~

Archived