Home

=A= newsletter

-=ReApEr=-

no... teraskasi falls under combat.... NO MORE LEADERS i think how the group is set up now is fine... we shouldnt have a leader for every profession that yould just be stupid... how it is now were there is a leader for commerce group but withing the commerce there are smugllers and merchant/s <---- thats me :D

so my leader would be jan agrni and whoever else is leader for that whole group... donnie darkos leader would be set because shes the general.... having 1 leader for each proffession would be stupid.. i dont want to sound like a dick but this is how i feel about the situation

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vessen, how can you request a reply from me, when you know I'm busy having a hangover? Where's the respect for your ol' red-eyed leader? ;)

First, I might change my mind, and attend the meeting tomorrow. Turns out we'll start our Giovanni Chronicles session early, and should be done about 9-10 PM CET. Though, I can't promise anything.

Secondly, well... leaders. Yes, leaders are good and nice and everything, but get this; I want a situation where I know who is responsible for what. Having someone different responsible for every tiny bit in the game is just confusing for everyone. This doesn't mean that players can't become responsible for things; if I notice that one or two players in my group are terrific at arranging hunts, there's no reason for me to do it. Then they claimed that they are good enough to handle that part. But, my friends, that's something I'd like to see grow within the game, not something that I am to appoint now. I hope that was less confused than it feels as when I typed it.

This gives us a dilemma, I know. People will have to have something to aspire for. While, at the same time, we can't have everyone and their uncle leading the PA, too many chefs and all that. No offense to those who want to play as chefs, by the way. Hopefully, we'll be able to put up enough goals withing the PA to aspire for PA interaction to be fun, but still not all about gaining ranks.

Personally, yes, I'd like to see a corps of players I trust who helps out with the combat group. Players I know will do a good job and help out the newer members. But also, I don't want to spend hours every day managing and deciding over a ranks system, that **** is very hard to do, and even harder to do in a fair way. So instead of planning an unfair ranks system, I'd rather see a more fair, and thereby also looser system. I hope you understand my viewpoint. I want to suffocate nepotism while it's still in the cradle.

To put it blunt; less leaders means that people have an easier time reaching the right person. Players who knows who they should ask are often happier players than players who searches for hours, only to hear things like "Oh, but that's leg armour production. You should look for the leader of leg armour artisans, I'm just the pistol artisan leader".

My ideal is a system where it is clear who is responsible for everything, while at the same time all members are very close in the chain of command (right now, it's just one step away) which means that all members has a great chance to affect their own conditions, their family; their PA.

Am I ignored or something? No one pays attention to my posts...

Anyway, I understand your view point on leaders, but you put resposible people in high positions, which can choose other people to serve under them. You get less work, and you can contact a few people to find who ever you need.

We have our PA Leader, Co-leader.

Then, we have our other leaders, -=Reaper=-, Gaalgoth, Setsuko, Murashu, and Greg, ect. They can pick leaders underneath them, thus, giving you less work to find out who is where.

You would not need to worry about who is where, just the main leaders in charge, then all you need is the five people to tell you who is where when you need to know.

Think of a huge business, do you think Corporate Officials know who is a Manager at one of their stores? No, they have a General Manager, who runs that store, and people above them.

Well, I never was really looking forward to a leader position. The Teras Kasi Cell was not designed to have leaders in any way, it was designed so we can act together as one, to better our skills as Teras Kasi, just as the Bounty Hunter's most likely will. Also to react to out of hand Jedi (for continuity sake...I'm all about keeping up with it) We can also pool our resources together so we can make a "Monastary" which we can all share, not to mention it will attract more people to the city because it will be open for Teras Kasi training and Tournaments. This will all happen, of course, if it is approved by the Leaders. :D

If we were a huge PA I could see having more leaders but we arent that big. Right now is a really bad time to be trying to decide on positions since the game isnt out yet. Once the game is out and we can get a somewhat normal player base we can see what changes need to be changed.

I ran a 90+ person guild in EQ for 2 years with 5 officers so I know it shouldnt be a problem with nearly 10 leaders/coleaders.

I think our main goal right now should be working together and those of us that got some beta exp need to help the others get up and running.

And keep talking, I love reading these boards.

Originally posted by Murashu

If we were a huge PA I could see having more leaders but we arent that big. Right now is a really bad time to be trying to decide on positions since the game isnt out yet. Once the game is out and we can get a somewhat normal player base we can see what changes need to be changed.

I ran a 90+ person guild in EQ for 2 years with 5 officers so I know it shouldnt be a problem with nearly 10 leaders/coleaders.

I think our main goal right now should be working together and those of us that got some beta exp need to help the others get up and running.

And keep talking, I love reading these boards.

Perfect! Said perfectly well, listen to this man. He knows what hes talking about, and set. Less leaders are good, once the groups grow stronger and bigger, maybe the group your in will pick a few sub leaders etc. :)

Alot of issues will be discussed today at the meeting, and you can expect a overview of the whole talk as a post shortly after. Keep up the discussion guys, it's you who make it worth while. :D

Originally posted by Ride

Did I ever type, "Hey, lets choose the leaders right now!"?

People do not even have to be designated leaders...They can just be really good, and a well known name...

It isn't like that at all, leaders have to do work and contribute to the Pa to get a chance. And have to work well with everyone else. :)

Thanks for the excellent and tireless efforts you put into the PA newsletter wraith !

Character developement in a group.

I see where you are coming from with the idea of getting help from players with beta exp. I think that this can be taken a step further. Everyone wants to develop their character as the game unfolds and we progress into the SWG realm. I use the word realm because thats what it is essentially - a fantasy world we all want to adventure in.

As characters develop it will become necessary to obtain skills tools and experience to acheive their goals. This may require training or a support structure to aid us along the way. A little investment here, a little profit making there and a lot of interaction between =A= and other less fortunate PAs *cough* *cough*:) will eventually require a structured approach to be successful.

In setting up the groups i.e bounty hunters, combateers, tradesmen etc we have already laid the foundations for a guild structure to nurture our PA interests.

I can see each group or guild having a responsibility for an individual task in the PA, reporting their progress at regular intervals and planning objectives as a whole. The leader structure will probably cascade down from the top of these groups along with guidance from the guild leaders.

Support can be given to the n00best players in this way, friends can be made and taxes collected :D

Heh, agreed the newsletter sure was well thought through and all that. And each group has structures built already for them, for example im one of the leaders of the BH group. :D

And we are already organsing things me and the members of it. Hunting trips, battles, duels. I think you get my point. :)

I can't wait for the next letter anyway, and may i remind you people keep putting your emails down here. :D

Hello people.

Sorry this didnt get to you sooner.... i was kinda feeling sick last night

and didnt really have the heart to go into some deep news sorry about

that.

Well last sunday's meeting was big. A lot of points were discussed and a lot

of members attended. there wasnt a real invite for members, but there were

some and i just didnt have the heart to kick them out the chat room so

they attended and know all the news bits i think .

ROYAL CLUB! MEMBERS ONLY!

Thats the frase of a commercial from years ago here in the Netherlands .

But it is effective for a new forum we have. On http://www.swgalaxies.net we now

have a private forums for JUST the members. So other people from outside the

PA can not read it.

This can be very effective if we want to discuss stuff that shouldnt be on

the lucasforums. We will keep those forums BTW.

THIS WEEK ONLY!

This week, everybody who signs up with the PA gets admitted freely. untill

sunday that is. After that we (the leaders) will go back to the one week

rule to asure dedication.

So if you didnt sign up yet (if you read the last newsletter at all you

would know WHY we have to sign up again) DO IT NOW!

WE MEET AGAIN YOUNG ARCHITECT!

Yes architects are of GREAT importance to the PA.

Some of you already know that only a MASTER architect can build a PA hall.

so untill we get some poor loser who build a PA hall and gives it to us...

we have to get one from our own group. I suggested in the chat that we GIVE

all recourses we get to them. so they will make architect quicker. To give

someone your stuff you have to trade with them. If you dont have any

architect near you, just store it in your inventory and when you meet one of

our group, dump it :D

The names of the architects in game will be known before release.

E-MAIL!

This is the last time some of you will get this e-mail. From now on im going

to use the list of adresses on http://www.swgalaxies.net If your adress is not on

there in the member list, you wont get the e-mail.

So JOIN UP and give us CORRECT adresses.

SERVER!

The most important issue on our agenda. Wich bloody server should we start

at.

there were some thoughts from people.

- if we start later we will be behind (not true because all who start at SS

will start from scratch)

- I hate start over so much (that could be, but the Starsider will be up in

about a week.

- Doesnt matter where we start cause i wont get the game till 2 weeks after

release (true for many of our europe people)

- We should start on a quiet server. if we make friends on the temp server

we will lose them when we move to the SS.

These were some opinions of people. my opinion was the last one. so i

brought up 2 servers we can play. and the others agreed that 1 of these will

be the temp server:

Chilastra

Kaury

A poll will be up later on the forums.

WEBSITE!

We are going to renew the .com website and completely build it there. People

are already chosen to help out. If other would like to help out, please post

so in the thread open for that.

NAMES!

In game we have a friends list. On this list you can add friends and see

when they are online or not.

I would like to urge you all to post your INGAME name in the thread on the

forums. so we can all add that name to our friends list. Agreed? good.

BANK!

When you read this helmet. please contact me :D we need you again. game is

coming out you know :D

but the bank matrter i think can only be solved when we have a PA hall dont

you al think? ok.. the bank personal things you will find out in game.. its

not hard. just do the tutorial :D

PA HALL!

Jan had a point about the lay out of the hall. they are all the same and

have some small offices. He wanted to devide the offices. but i think that

discussion never came to a conclusive end, so we will go through that point

later.

Well thats about it :D Dont be mistaken about the few points here :D they