Home

Adventure Gamers contents 100% recovered

Today is such a nice day.

Firstly, our data is 100% safe and the harddisk will arrive in the next couple of days.

Secondly, it's a great day for me personally, as I've been accepted into a masters course in game design. (Soon my business card will read "Marek Bronstring - Game Designer Wannabe".)

YAY!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats AGers! This is great news :).

I'm very glad the temp forum is up and the data is saved.

I hope nothing like this happens again!

Once again, thankyou Marek and everyone else for being so devoted and not giving up! :)

P.s. Have great fun studying! I wish I would have a course like that :).

Hi.

Marek

Firstly, our data is 100% safe and the harddisk will arrive in the next couple of days.

Sweet.

Secondly, it's a great day for me personally, as I've been accepted into a masters course in game design. (Soon my business card will read "Marek Bronstring - Game Designer Wannabe".)

Sweet. Who what when where why?

Originally posted by Marek

Today is such a nice day.

YAY!

Meh, and I'm still stuck with a Bachelors course in Business Information Systems (which means a lot of Oracle, PL/SQL and some JAVA)...

I envy you!

--Erwin

This is one good and one bad news :rolleyes:

This means that our nearest future is safe and secured. AG.com will soon be back.

But as for the future of gaming industry... :eek:

PS I didn't even realize that there was something like game design course. What are they teaching you there? How to come up and develope idea for a game? :D I can do that without any course... :p

It's basically on top of the multimedia course I've done over the past 3 years. It involves a 6-month team project where you develop a game, and then an individual project for the rest of the year. That's writing a thesis and designing a small game to illustrate your point.

It's just a nice stepping stone. Game design is absolutely something you need to learn while doing it. It's a long-term ambition, though there's a chance I may be involved in the development of a game similar to The Sims in the near future.

After that, it's definately going to be Monkey Island 5 for me.

Or not.

I'm OUT, baby!

And stuck in a crappy job.

Hrm...

Is it a literature focus, or a technical focus, or what? Are you going to be writing about rhizomes and making a lot of references to The Last Express, or are you going to pretend as if you can sum game design up into 3 simple rules? (Or a third option, that I'd make fun of if I were aware of. Wow, that's bad grammar. of which I'd make fun if I were aware? Fsck it.)

Archived