Home

Adventure Gamers contents 100% recovered

Originally posted by Marek

Secondly, it's a great day for me personally, as I've been accepted into a masters course in game design. (Soon my business card will read "Marek Bronstring - Game Designer Wannabe".)

YAY!

Maybe you could help make my game. It's going to be a combination of a Tennis game, a political sim, and Q-Bert. I'm telling you, this game is going to be huge, as huge as "Daikatana".

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's at an art school so the focus is very much on conceptualizing, art style, etc. and not so much on the technical side.

Cool beans. I suppose I admire that because the technical side comes much (much) much more easily to me. Also, it doesn't sound like you'll be talking about rhizomes, which'll be good.

A double-shot of congratulations, especially on the masters course. I imagine that getting accepted to the program is no easy task. And of course, I look forward to the timely return of AG.com.

Originally posted by Mattsius

Soon we'll see games titled "Marek Bronstring's (insert game name)"!

I hear they're looking for fresh talent on the "Reservoir Dogs" game... ;)

What the heck are rhizomes anyway? :o

Main Entry: rhi·zome

Pronunciation: 'rI-"zOm

Function: noun

Etymology: New Latin rhizomat-, rhizoma, from Greek rhizOmat-, rhizOma mass of roots, from rhizoun to cause to take root, from rhiza root -- more at ROOT

Date: 1845

: a somewhat elongate usually horizontal subterranean plant stem that is often thickened by deposits of reserve food material, produces shoots above and roots below, and is distinguished from a true root in possessing buds, nodes, and usually scalelike leaves

... apparently :o

Marek, congratulations!

Just promise me one thing, though. Please, for the love of god, don't ever create cookie-cutter adventure games! We've talked for so long about how all these developers just keep rehashing these stupid tired puzzles, generic character types, 'saving the world' themes, etc. etc., that I'm sure you must have a world-full of ideas in your head by now. Show 'em what an original adventure game is!! asthanos.gif

Damnit Trep! I had this great idea for a 3D panoramic adventure set in the mythical lands of Atlantis. ATLANTIS!! ;)

well i heard from some people that they hated hearing about atlantis....

But it hasn't been used a lot...

I say that if the game and the idea is good....and it suits to be in the Atlantis its perfect..

Actually there are 2 more continets like atlantis that they said they vanished....

One in 15000 bc(sure about that) and the other at 4000(?) bc

Atlantis got lost at 2500 bc i think...

Originally posted by curacao

Main Entry: rhi·zome

Pronunciation: 'rI-"zOm

Function: noun

Etymology: New Latin rhizomat-, rhizoma, from Greek rhizOmat-, rhizOma mass of roots, from rhizoun to cause to take root, from rhiza root -- more at ROOT

Date: 1845

: a somewhat elongate usually horizontal subterranean plant stem that is often thickened by deposits of reserve food material, produces shoots above and roots below, and is distinguished from a true root in possessing buds, nodes, and usually scalelike leaves

... apparently :o

LOL :D

You know, I never actually looked it up. I was attempting to read some literature-focus papers on games ("interactive narratives") and came across the word "rhizomatic" a whole bunch. I found a couple of definitions on google. By definitions I mean definitions by example. These guys make a living talking about words, yet they can't even use them consistently. Any way, apparently it's a made up derivative of "rhizome" which I made up (or so I thought), because the noun form fit my sentence better.

http://www.english.vt.edu/~siegle/Comp/

I can sort of see the connection... It encourages "horizontal" movement over "forward" movement. I forget what this has to do with games, though. Carry on.

Originally posted by Homoludens

Well, Marek, I honestly don't think it would be that bad if it were a 3D panoramic adventure set on Atlantis with Templars, slider puzzles and find-the-key puzzles.

Only if the find-the-key puzzles were timed, though.

Pleto, I can't tell if you're joking. Just so you know: I was. I think a 3D panoramic adventure set on Atlantis is a terrible, terrible idea. :eek:

No i wasn't...:( (i use smileies when i do :) )

I don't find it a terrible idea...just for the history ;)

Truly i thought you were talking seriously

Announcement for pleto's sake: Trep is also being sarcastic.

don't worry...it's really obvious...:D

Archived