Home

Pepper's Adventures in Time - for download!

Remember all the craziness when I named Pepper's Adventures in Time #19 on the Top 20 Adventure Games of All-Time? Now, you can see what the fuss is all about: game producer Mark Seibert has posted the game (in the form of .zip files for each of the floppy disks) for download on his website.

http://www.markseibert.com/the_full_game.htm

I know that it works on Windows ME if you use MoSlo; I have not tried it on Windows XP. Have fun!

~stinger~

OOhh! Couldn't this come three days earlier :confused:

I just have had my exam on history of the USA today ;)

Anyway thanks for the info. I just downloaded it but will yet have to make the graphics not to look crooked :confused:

For those having graphical problems: You need to use 256 colour mode.

It's in the Control Panel - Display - Settings, Colors(change that to 256)

But I'm having another error, when Uncle Fred's about to change Ben Franklin's history the game gives me the error message: "Out of heap space." and then exits.

Anyone know what's wrong?

EDIT: Thanks to Dom, the problem's solved. A slow-down program is needed to get rid of that Heap Space error.

I'm running Win2k, so I can confirm the the game works on Win2k with a slow-down application.

Yes, despite what Mark's website says, it's not neccessary to unzip everything to floppy disks and installing from them.

It's enough to just unzip them to the root of your hard drive(normally, C:\ ) using the default folders (Disk1, Disk2, etc.) and then directing the installer to the directories on your hard drive when it asks for the disks.

Originally posted by BigJKO

It's enough to just unzip them to the root of your hard drive(normally, C:\ ) using the default folders (Disk1, Disk2, etc.) and then directing the installer to the directories on your hard drive when it asks for the disks.

It works for everybody... except for me! :(

But if I intall if from disk the installation works fine... only doesn't the game want to start... no error, no nothing... Anybody with the same problem (on WinXP)... :confused:

Originally posted by Firefoot

It works for everybody... except for me! :(

But if I intall if from disk the installation works fine... only doesn't the game want to start... no error, no nothing... Anybody with the same problem (on WinXP)... :confused:

What you need to do is run it with VDMS.

Make sure you get a copy of Mo'slo when you get to Fred's, set it to be run in 256 colour, and run with VDMS and you should be able to beat the game then.

Archived