Home

What's up with English Runaway?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by delphiman

Hello

In Amazon.co.uk, the release date is always advanced. Last update was for today, 20/6/2003. When will this game be released?

I know I have bought the german version of runaway for 16 dollars to look how the game plays.

After playing it through 3 episodes I had forgotten that I was playing the german version.

If you can not read or understand german then see it as a huge demo ;-) so you can look whats coming.

I can promise you that this adventure game is a beauty and the gameplay is like the early adventures of space quest.

You must pus the right button to change Icons as a HAND OR TALK OR SMELL OR GET there is NO action or fighting in this game lik Kings quest 8 just a click and point adventure just as before and in 2d.

I have stared at the amazing pictures and movies that I thought this can not be real if the next Monkey Island will be made with this engine then there will be a whole new breakthrough for the adventure games.

This is THE adventure game of the YEAR IT MUST BE.

martijn

ps I think that the makers of runaway can not get to a agreement over the money they get to make it english!!!!:D

Originally posted by MysterD

When is it coming to America? :)

I want to eventually play this one.

If the game doesn't take place in America (or where they speak English), English subtitles and them speaking in Native language is fine by me.

well i don't care about the language...just to have subtitles(in english...to mush to ask in greek ;) )....

I HATE when there aren't subtitles i miss a lot...;)

Originally posted by pleto4_ryan

well i don't care about the language...just to have subtitles(in english...to mush to ask in greek ;) )....

I HATE when there aren't subtitles i miss a lot...;)

I like my sound and subtitles ON in my games. :)

About language they speak in, I'd prefer it in ENGLISH (since I speak it) -- or the Native Language to where the game takes place for the authenticity feel. :)

So if the game takes place in Spain, I bett hear Spanish spoken and English in sub-titles. :) I loved how MOH:AA, in Germany, I heard German spoken and could put English subtitles! I felt so like I was in the game!

I'd prefer options available for my choosing of what language for SPEECH and SUBTITLES I choose. :)

Unfortunatelt that happens to some games...i hoped they all used the same system :(

(it reminds me the film "The biggest day of the war" where all the heroews spoked "their" language"...english those from UK "american" those from america :p, German the nazis, italian the italians :) )

MysterD, the game takes place in the USA. I've played the German version of Runaway and I just love the game :) . Well thought-out plot, great puzzles, nice graphics... I know that most people didn't like the quality of the video sequences, but I think they're alright. In case you didn't know, there's an English demo of Runaway here:

http://www.gamesdomain.com/demos/demo/1511.html

I heard this contains the entire second chapter.

Originally posted by jannar85

Allright... Finally downloaded, but when I tried to run it, it seemed to freeze... Not supported for XP? :o

This is strange, I didn't play the English demo myself but the German and also the complete final version and it worked fine with XP. So it shouldn't be a compatibility issue... :confused: Sorry, jannar85, no idea how to help you there, but I can assure you that Runaway is an excellent game. Here are some new release dates for the english version by the way (gamershell.com):

11th July 2003 (Europe)

18th August 2003 (USA)

And maybe you want to try out a short freeware game:

The Breakdown

Of course you can't really compare it to Runaway but it also has this desert setting and some pretty nice puzzles :)

Originally posted by jannar85

Allright... Finally downloaded, but when I tried to run it, it seemed to freeze... Not supported for XP? :o

No, it sort of seems to work on XP... You see the first 2 logo's and then nothing? Do you hear the music? Then you're missing the codec I mentioned in my previous post...

But I have a slightly different problem with this demo (on XP)... I have no speech... anyone familiar with this problem? I downloaded the latest drivers of my SB Live!, but still no result... :mad:

Originally posted by decibelio

Here are some new release dates for the english version by the way (gamershell.com):

11th July 2003 (Europe)

Strange... last time I checked was The Netherlands still in Europe... And I've spotted a copy here in at the Free Recordshop... ;)

But I want a full English version! And not a Dutch box, booklet, menu items, subtitles, etc... :(

Originally posted by Firefoot

But I have a slightly different problem with this demo (on XP)... I have no speech... anyone familiar with this problem? I downloaded the latest drivers of my SB Live!, but still no result... :mad:

First of all, as far as I know, there's been no official Runaway demo released; you're almost certainly playing the leaked and unofficial alpha version which many sites have claimed is a demo. Second of all, if that *is* the version you're playing, it doesn't contain any speech, so don't worry about it. :) It ain't a bug.

Originally posted by curacao

First of all, as far as I know, there's been no official Runaway demo released; you're almost certainly playing the leaked and unofficial alpha version which many sites have claimed is a demo. Second of all, if that *is* the version you're playing, it doesn't contain any speech, so don't worry about it. :) It ain't a bug.

:( And I honestly thought Pendulo Studios were just being extremely kind for releasing the whole second chapter as a demo (I have no brains and I must THINK. Damn it :) !). Sorry guys, for posting wrong news here, that was not intended.

"This item will be released on 25 July, 2003." That's from amazon.co.uk. Seems like it's gonna be a while till we get our hands on Runaway =/.

But i played the english demo quite a while ago and ordered Runaway from amazon.co.uk for like month ago... First it was supposed to come when my summerholidays start, but it seems like, im not gonna play Runaway on this holiday =(

Hello

Iam also from holland and I looked in every free record shop and there is NO WAY that the English version with Dutch subtitles is out, I also asked the clerk and he confirmed.

So FireFood please give me the free record shop location where you found this game and I will call them to ask if this is true.

If so then I will give you my apoligies online on this forum but untill know it is NOT true.

If you check the official site of Pendulo Studios then you can see all the versions that are out! the english one is not with it.

Also

There is a Demo available online and I got also problems with it it also freezes so it is not your computer but there is something wrong with the demo.

But the german full version works good ;-)

Thanks

Hmmhh... As it seems to be getting pushed over and over again to the future, i just decided to cancel my amazon.co.uk order =/ ... I'll just buy it once it's out

What other adventures are there coming? i've kinda lost the track, nd onlyones im waiting atm are Sam & Max 2, Full Throttle 2 and BS 3 (plus Runaway ofcourse).

And could someone tell me a reliable european netstore that would have the english version of Tony Tough as they never brought it to Finland and amazon.co.uk doesn't have it.

Wersus,

two of the upcoming adventures I'm looking forward to at the moment are Dark Fall 2 and Syberia 2. Both sound very promising to me. Maybe you'll also want to check out Dreamcatcher Europe's/The Adventure Company's current and upcoming adventure game releases

here (just browse a while, maybe you'll find something interesting :) ).

Archived