Home

What's up with English Runaway?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My god! 5th september!? Thats rediculous! September is a better time to release games, but this game has been delayed so many times that the people who want this game will have forgotten about it by the time it comes out.

If GMX don't stick to this deadline then I'm for one going to import a copy from the US.

Originally posted by hagstrumpa

It was released here in Sweden a while ago. I installed it yesterday just to check if everything was working. The game is in English, with English subtitles. The box and manuals are also in English.

...and it looks GOOD!!! :D :D :D

I bought the Dutch version... :rolleyes: But the voices are English, but everything else is Dutch... but I just couldn't wait any longer for that friggin game... also since I'm moderator on the Benelux version of the forums... ;)

And besides a missing codec that turned the movies upside down... it works very well.

I bought Runaway a few days ago for only $55!! :D

or.... €48....or... £34

P.S - I kissed the box!

Is monkey island STILL my favorite game?

I dunno... I have to play Runaway a bit more, when I've got this computer fixed... Damn computer.. Hopeless, dumb computer.. :(

And when I installed XP, the sound had to go bad :(

SO I have to wait till I get home before I can play chapter 2... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Jeese, we're going to get a state of the art 3D adventure which had to be built from the bottom up over a 3 year period ariving on schedule, and an old school 2D point and click adventure thats been around for years in other countries is delayed yet again! This is unbelievable. I'm ordering in from the U.S.

Originally posted by DomStLeger

Jeese, we're going to get a state of the art 3D adventure which had to be built from the bottom up over a 3 year period ariving on schedule, and an old school 2D point and click adventure thats been around for years in other countries is delayed yet again! This is unbelievable. I'm ordering in from the U.S.

It might be easier to order it from Scandinavia instead. They have it at Softwareexpress (and I think they ship outside Sweden).

Originally posted by ragou

It might be easier to order it from Scandinavia instead. They have it at Softwareexpress (and I think they ship outside Sweden).

439kr... (€47.37; $53.84). And from Amazon.co.uk it is €31.80 (ex shipping)

But the English of the site is limited... if I go to FAQ or support it is very swedish... ;) And I wanna know if the 39kr is shipping to here too... :eek:

Sorry, their "english" language seems not to be completely english. :)

And again sorry, when I read the page more closely it doesn't seem they ship abroad. It isn't everyday I go around to check if Swedish online stores ship abroad. I usually don't need that. :)

Originally posted by ragou

It isn't everyday I go around to check if Swedish online stores ship abroad. I usually don't need that. :)

LOL... doesn't really matter... I hate to say, but I bought the partly Dutch version... ;)

btw. what was the first English release date of this game anyway?

If I recall, GMX initially had it listed for an early-to-mid February release. Ah, I remember it like it was 6 months ago... Back when I was going to order the game from the UK because it taking too darn long for it to be released in the US. The times, they are a-changin'. I have some EB credit saved up for just an occasion, so I should (finally) have it soon.

We should start a poll on what people think will happen first: the UK release of Runaway, the release of BS3, or the relaunch of AG. I'm hoping for the latter in a landslide (I was going to say "in a runaway," but I think I'm being confusing enough as it is), but the site seems to have the worst luck in this sort of thing.

Originally posted by decibelio

why the complete English version hasn't been released yet is beyond me

Decibello and firefoot!

The complete English version has been released here in Sweden! It is English speech, English subtitles, manual and box. I think the same goes for the other Nordic countries too (that is Norway and Denmark at least.)

Decibello and firefoot!

The complete English version has been released here in Sweden! It is English speech, English subtitles, manual and box. I think the same goes for the other Nordic countries too (that is Norway and Denmark at least.)

Thanks, hagstrumpa, I appreciate that :) .

The thing is, I bought a German copy of Runaway some time ago, because I couldn't wait any longer for the English release :( . Actually, it's not too bad, although I usually always go for English copies when I get the chance :) .

Oh, and I heard some completely unconfirmed rumours about a possible development of a sequel to Runaway over at http://www.aventuraycia.com (the article is in Spanish only). If I understood it correctly (which is always doubtful :D ), they claim that reliable sources told them the sequel would be officially announced soon, and could see release by X-Mas 2004. Neither Pendulo Studios nor FX Interactive were available for a statement at the time being.

Not too excited? I'm neither, considering that Runaway still has to be distributed in the UK and USA. Well, let's wait and see ;) .

Heh, Finland is always left out of the Nordic area.

In here Runaway is nowhere to be seen.

Allthough one finnish computerstore called Bulldog (http://www.bdog.fi) has listed Runaway for release in 31st of August.

I hope that's true...

Thanks for the tip on the site Kolzig. I didn't even know it existed. There's pretty many adventure games for sale here, maybe I should buy something.

As for Runaway I have already made my relatives in Sweden buy it, so I should get it in the coming weeks.

Archived