Home

Two questions

MI1=The Secret of Monkey Island

MI2=Monkey island 2: LeChucks Revenge.

Both a hell of a lot better than the other two, must be bought and played right away! Infact, I command you to do so. You may think of the graphics as a bit crap compared to todays standards, but fi they were to make the next MI game in the same graphics (which they wont) i'll buy it, cause I love it (and replay th MI1 and 2 a hell of a lot more than the other two).

And secondly, a history lesson. If you've ever bgeen to Disneyworld, you may have seen a ride called 'Pirates of the Caribbean' (the films based on the ride, not the other way round). Well more than a decade ago a man called Ron Gilbert rode this ride and wondered what it would be like if he could stop the ride, step out and explore the pirate world. And thus the concept for Monkey Island was born. Ron Gilbert helped develop SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for M[/m]aniac M[/m]amsion) which was used for the verb system of the first two games. This was a breakthrough in gameplay as apose to the old typing in actions to make things do things. Ron Gilbert Created Monkey Island, but it was written by him along with Tim Schafer and Dave Grossman.

mi1 and mi2 are the best games ever. yeah. not much eltse to say. it's threads like these that you just have nothing to say about, especially after somebody's already gotten to the point (such as answering the questions that the person asks).

Gabez edit Please, if you don't have anything else to say then don't start wasting more space with talk of your beloved newbies. Save that for an off-topic thread. Thanks!

Archived