Home

Futurama

Yufster

This post sums up loads of crap

Firstly, my exams are over so I'm back on the forums.

Secondly, my exams are over so I'm working on Day of the Aliens again.

Thirdly, Futurama was cancelled. What the **** is with that!? Helllooooooo better than the SIMPSONS!? JeSUS!

Fourthly, Spike is dead. Bollocks.

Fifthly, Fry is cute.

Sixthly, I'd like to sing you a little song:

ELVES: We are free and fairly sober with so many toys to build,

The machinery's kinda tricky, prolly someone will get killed,

But we'll gladly work for nothing,

FRY: Which is good because we don't intend to pay

ELVES: We're getting awfully tired and we can't work any faster,

and we're very very sorry

BENDER: Why you selfish little bastards, do you want the kids to think santas just a crummy empty handed JERK!? *punch* that shut your yap now get back to work!

Seventhly, I found this quite amusing:

Bender: Okay, fine, but I don't want anybody to think we're robosexuals. If anyone asks, you're my debugger.

Oh the exams went well, if you don't count failing french. Everything else was....okay. Except religion. Funnily enough my pen slipped and I sort of wrote loads of athiestic mumbo jumbo on the sheet and ripped into the catholic education system. This could be my first big, "No Grade."

I am 10141!

T'as fallu le français? Pourquoi--professeur slopé ou etudiante trop intelligente? ;)

Congrats on the 'no grade.' Sometimes you just have to cut their ties off with a knife and slap them around to let them know that you WILL NOT BE A CAGED HAMSTER, screw the grade. :dozey:

(Note to self: this one shows promise.)

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit

T'as fallu le français? Pourquoi--professeur slopé ou etudiante trop intelligente? ;)

Actually, my french teacher is retarded. He's had three mental breakdowns in the past, during class time, and this year went mad about 20 times in class. He leapt across the class and raised his fist at a girl, he screams all the time, he threw his books at us, he pushed over the teachers desk, he pushed a girl in rage... yeah he's a moron. I think that might be why I failed french... that and the fact I was always laughing at him.

Actually i heard about Futurama being cancelled about a year ago, They never got round to season 5 for some reason. On teh plus note, I've just finished watching all of season 3 on DVD (it's hilarious).

Meh, and don't worry about the religeon one, it's not as if it even counts.

Futurama was not cancelled, just put on hiatus or something stupid like that. In fact, they're showing new episodes in the US at the moment, they plan to reach 75 and do a movie or something(?)

Anyway, the new episodes aren't that good anyway, the show is starting to go downhill like the Simpsons did a few series ago.

Fox aren't exactly the nicest bunch of broadcasters. They cancelled Family Guy after 50 episodes (weep), and only let Sam & Max run for a series :~~

What I don't understand is that Futurama was funny. It didn't need to be cancelled. I know it was only put on hiatus, but the animation team has broken up so it would mean re-employing all of the animators as they'd have already found alternate jobs by now, and that would be more hassle than Fox is willing to put up with. Even if it did restart, without the old animation team it would lose a certain style and would ever quite look the same, as the style couldn't be passed down from generation to generation of animator but has instead been cut right off.

Bastards.

They just kept putting it in a death-zone time slot that no show, no matter how good could have succeeded in. That, and the fact that they kept preemting it for every Sun. sporting event that ran long.

It was doomed from the start.

But Ren & Stimpy are coming back, so there's always hope! Yay!

True (I live in the UK, but from listening to the audio commentaries, I get the basic gist). Basically, the makers (Matt Groening and David X. Cohen) had always intended it to be on later and didn't mean it for kids, but because Fox put it on in the prime time hour, the Fox sensor made it so the show was less than what it could have been (and made comments on X-rays, but we won't go into that). It was actually intended for a more mature audience and if allowed to do so, would have been a hell of a lot better and wouldn't have been put on hiatus. Damn Fox, damn them to hell!

I wasn't a fan of Beavis and Butthead TV shows, they were too goddamn full of music videos, but I loved the movie, "Beavis and Butthead do America". It was so goddamn good, heh heh heh! Yeah! heh heh heh!

As for Futurama, the only reason it's likened to the simpsons is because of the style, and that style has become Matt Groenings. It's very unique and can't be missed, and it's the only real link with the simpsons. Nothing else can be likened to the Simpsons.

I mean the humour is a lot more mature for a start, and half the characters aren't even human. I've heard people say Fry is just a young Homer, which is pretty weak. They're both lovable idiots, but I mean in that case, Guybrush is pretty much like Homer too. It isn't family orientated and deals with completely different situations to the Simpsons. Leela is the complete opposite of Marge. Because it's in a different setting, with different characters, layout, enviroment and even a different millenium, the same humour can't be shared between the two shows.

If Pokemon was redesigned in Matt Groening style, people with think it was the Simpsons of the Other Dimension where Animals got Screwed Up.

Also I haven't watched Family Guy very much, only enough to know I didn't like it. It really did seem too much like the simpsons... Don't know the names but:

The obese, idiot father - Homer

The pretty slim mother - Marge

The Baby - Maggie (But characterized more like Sideshow Bob

The Daughter - Lisa

The Son (He's a little overweight isn't he? - Bart

That was the first thing that put me off Family Guy, because it irritated me. Maybe it's only a coincedence, so I kept watching. I couldn't laugh. It was too ridiculous. Yet oddly, I've never heard conclusions being drawn up between Family Guy and The Simpsons. Maybe I'd like it if I watched a few episodes more, but it annoys me too much.

Anyway, could somebody draw up a list of similarities between Futurama and the Simpsons? Besides the obvious art design. Please.

Bah, The Simpsons didn't come up with the premise, they just animated it. Family Guy may rip off the situation, but that doesn't make the shows anything alike.

Family Guy consists of 80s references, absolute asinine, flashbacks, and general mocking of celebrity/culture/religion/race. I used to think of it as a complete rip-off too, but it's an incredibly funny show.

Apart from the latter episodes, the simpsons is more realistic than any other cartoon (including futurama, duh) whereas family guy is fuelled by it's outrageousness. it is very different and incredibly funny. as is futurama, where else can you go into space for doughnuts?

What the hell happened to my bitch post?! Hello I be a bitch ONCE and it disappears? Maybe I forgot to post it. Anyway, basically, I hate people who call Futurama a Simpsons of the Future, I dare you list all the similarities between the two shows, besides the obvious design similarities.

I can't be bothered to read this thread, but here is what you need to know:

Futurama didn't get cancelled, the new episodes that are showing on Sky One right now are Season 5 and only a week or 2 behind the US air dates

1. FUTURAMA RULZ

2. Futurama - Simpons - Connect: The 3-Eyed-Fish (for real!)

3. Futurama is not the "sequel" of Simpons because the mankind had been hunted down several time in the 1000 years to the year 3000

4. SIMPSONS RUL too but not the first two seasons.. the drawingstyle changed then and BOOM! cool.

5. family guy was on german tv, too.. but it (hardly) survived just 7 or 8 Futurama-episodes. it's like rough rats or something.

6. Futurama/Simpsons is a whole another level of cartoon.

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit

Flintstones

Hey, did you ever notice that Barney and Fred were the dons of the Mob? Like when Barney made those counterfit bills, Fred would somehow always wind up a a strip club, Fred beats his wife and strangles Barney, the both would be involved in a drive-by shooting in every episode because they pissed off rival gangs, and both went to jail a lot of times.

Thank you.

Originally posted by RayJones

1. FUTURAMA RULZ

2. Futurama - Simpons - Connect: The 3-Eyed-Fish (for real!)

Blinky (three eyed fish) and the Bart Simpson dolls on the garbage ball are the only simpson referances on futurama as the crew try as hard as possible to go away from the simpsons. What I like is the fact that the newer episodes of futurama (and I'm glad it's back with season 5) look almost exactly the same as the very first episode and the style hasn't changed much since (although the voices have matured a little since the earlier ones)

Archived