Home

Vive la resistance

Zoom Rabbit

:max: Edit: no revolution. Instead, this thread celebrates the spirit of resistance. Meanwhile, here is some crackpot literature of my own composition for people to have fun with. ;) Enjoy.

The Declaration of Interdependence

We the people of Earth, sharing a common history and destiny, who now manifest the will to affect our present circumstances, do declare ourselves to be interdependent.

This state of interdependence we affirm as a higher ideal than independence; true independence is anarchy, and that we do not want. To the same degree, any dependences we have formed toward institutions that promise to deliver independence we hold as lower than world interdependence. No man, state, alliance or church--be it of science or faith--holds the keys to humanity's future, and we would not sell ourselves into slavery to that illusion.

Let mankind now be truly free of the confinement of institution. The world has one culture, and one fate. Let us affirm that we share that fate together.

:D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No revolutions here, eh? ;) Fine, fine.

The resistance goes on, though...there are handy activities that insurgents can do in the real world. At the restaurant where I work, the banquet room reservations book mysteriously disappeared. In it was all of the information, phone numbers, etc. for half a year's worth of big dinner parties. For six months, large groups of people will be showing up for dinner, and we'll have absolutely no clue they're coming...

Did I do it? :max: I WILL get my vacation, you tight capitalist bastards!

:)

I would like to revolt agains all forumers that think that mods are nazis. I will admit, that I have a great deal of German heritage, but just because your spam thread gets locked by myself, or a member of the LFN Mod squad, does NOT mean that we hold any grudges towards the person who posted the thread. I have never taken any comment or complaint from LF personally, and do not plan to do so any time in the near future. The other thing that bothers me, is why do so many people think that being an LF moderator is such a big deal? We have a few extra options, and we are operating under a different boss, but we still adhere to the same rules as everyone else... Time, and time again, some member comes in thinking he/she is mod material and once they get passed over, it is hell when they take it out on the rest of us...

Just to clearify before I head for the foothills, As mods, we have a tendancy to look for problems, but none of us powertrip, or even intend to cause any problems, we are only trying to keep the peace, and do what is expected of us. :)

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I would like to revolt agains all forumers that think that mods are nazis. I will admit, that I have a great deal of German heritage, but just because your spam thread gets locked by myself, or a member of the LFN Mod squad, does NOT mean that we hold any grudges towards the person who posted the thread. I have never taken any comment or complaint from LF personally, and do not plan to do so any time in the near future. The other thing that bothers me, is why do so many people think that being an LF moderator is such a big deal? We have a few extra options, and we are operating under a different boss, but we still adhere to the same rules as everyone else... Time, and time again, some member comes in thinking he/she is mod material and once they get passed over, it is hell when they take it out on the rest of us...

Just to clearify before I head for the foothills, As mods, we have a tendancy to look for problems, but none of us powertrip, or even intend to cause any problems, we are only trying to keep the peace, and do what is expected of us. :)

Uhh... yeah sure, what he said.

Just for the record, I never suggested the mods were nazis. ;) If they were, I obviously wouldn't be here. The mods at Lucasforums are just tired computer monkeys trying to keep the peace in a crazy, crazy forum wonderland. Groovy and Neil, please don't think I'm attacking you guys...

Das Mole, I will attempt to clear up your confusion (not a usual role for me, but I'll try.) The resistance I spout off about is the ever present struggle in life against the real nazis--the rich boss who won't give you a vacation, the corporate hogf*cker who markets you food wrapped in nonbiodegradeable plastic, the cop who pulls you over and writes you a ticket for being the wrong race. These bad guys pop up in everyday life. It's up to us whether or not we let them do what they do, or we resist them.

Here's an example. I live in a town that is mostly white, and one of my black friends feels uncomfortable with the way the local police follow him when he drives around town. I didn't believe him at first, but on two occasions I've rode with him and seen a cop car right behind him each time. :dozey: I've seen a cop behind me maybe once in the last six months, and I drive more than he does. Who do they think they're fooling? Now...my buddy is about the squeaky-cleanest citizen there is, so what he's started doing recently is following the cops around. :D Whenever he sees a cop car now, he gets in behind it and follows it to wherever it's going. It blows their minds.

This is what I mean by 'vive la resistance.' :)

Now, the Declaration of Interdependence I posted above is a philosophical exercize. I see a big geopolitical mess going on in the world today, and if I were the Emperor of Earth ;) I would adopt just such a document as a statement of policy. *(Re-reads it.)* Okay, scratch that. I'd make a lousy emperor. :max:

Okay, Das...it's like this: know how your brother annoys you when you guys play board games, and you feel compelled to annoy him back? That, mi amigo, is the spirit of resistance. ;)

When you get older, of course, you realize that your brother is family, on your side after all, and both of you have a good laugh about when you were kids who would fight over Risk. There are, however, people in the real who have utter disregard for your well-being in the world...and as an adult you may then find yourself compelled by the spirit of resistance once again. On the personal level, this could be a bullying cop, a tax collector, or even, (for a kid) a teacher in school that hates kids but goes through the paces for a paycheck then takes it out on the students (I know I've seen this at least once in my life.)

Adult judgement comes into play, of course. ;) One doesn't run the cops off the road or withhold taxes--then you become the problem. It is, however, perfectly acceptable to tell the cop he's a bully and report his badge number, or get an attorney to stand up for you against the IRS. Vive la resistance. :D

So, doesn't anyone here resist in real life? Am I the only rebel in a goose-stepping world? :dozey:

I fight everyday.. and i have this powerful weapon. TIME. And it gives me right. And you cant change things by pushing it. Not really.

Hey .. if the police wants to follow me.. ok. If they dont have better things to do. I wouldnt care. Why? ..

And those BAD bosses.. hey we have 15 employees in our firm. and 2 bosses who gave their money to establish this org. It is their money. And its hard with economics in germany (hey, at least we got that euro-stuff).. So sometime the question is .. vacation.. or JOB (not because you just get fired. its because then there is no firm anymore.). I have a little daughter.. so i choose job.

PS.: In germany we dont have those BIG bigbossofficer-probs. But sometimes. But therefore i got this 9mm in front of my face.. at christmas eve. HEY THAT REALLY MADE ME HOT! .. And for my luck i met ONE of them later again. very very alone. poor crying nazi. He doesnt wanted to tell me those things he said that evening again.... what a pity.

why? is this story scary? nah. ill just remember it from time to time if someone comes along and try to tell me COMMON TRANPORTATION SERVICES are save and thats why you have to pay 60 bucks/month to drive it.. ha.

ps. i think its scary if the police sees more colors than crimes.

I guess I'm just scared that a 9MM made you *hot.* :D My reaction to a 9MM in the face would probably be to quiver on the ground, screaming, 'DON'T SHOOT! DON'T SHOOT!'

Unless I was in a position to return fire. :dozey: Then my reaction would be: BLAP! BLAP! BLAP! 'Wassup?'

I'm nothing if not practical. ;)

Sounds like the cops in your area suck toes. :max: Vive la resistance, brother! Given the current racial and political attitudes in the big cities of America these days, I would resist the bastards in this fashion--I'd dress up in African Muslim regalia, and carry around a *bible.* This incongruity of clothing with reading material would confound the average cop, low on IQ but high on suspicion. ;) The last thing he'd want to do is get in a conversation with you...

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit

I guess I'm just scared that a 9MM made you *hot.* :D My reaction to a 9MM in the face would probably be to quiver on the ground, screaming, 'DON'T SHOOT! DON'T SHOOT!'

i was about too.. but i was like frozen.. that made me act some sort of cool. but in my inner somewhat i was so angry.. and that made me hot.

Unless I was in a position to return fire. :dozey: Then my reaction would be: BLAP! BLAP! BLAP! 'Wassup?'

I'm nothing if not practical. ;)

me too. when i met him later.. i got a problemsolver, his name was revolver.. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the cops in your area suck toes.

actually. they do. if they dont suck other things or free some murders.

:max: Vive la resistance, brother! Given the current racial and political attitudes in the big cities of America these days, I would resist the bastards in this fashion--I'd dress up in African Muslim regalia, and carry around a *bible.* This incongruity of clothing with reading material would confound the average cop, low on IQ but high on suspicion. ;) The last thing he'd want to do is get in a conversation with you... [/b]

herherher. that may work concrete! yeah. in germany its fun to have a car which is 'pumped up' to the maximum. i mean low as bass n stuff. ;-] in germany you have to get a license for every part thats even ORIGINAL maintained.

It's fun watching two officers try to find some not registered parts out of 40? Mountet everywhere on the car. at night. after 2 hours then.. finally. you'll have some really nice words like 'have a nice evening' or like that.. geeeeeeee. watch these :drop2: faces.

Originally posted by RayJones

me too. when i met him later.. i got a problemsolver, his name was revolver.. :rolleyes:

[/b]

i dont want to proclamate violence. its bad. and not the way to solve probs. but sometimes the circumstances wont let you decide what happens and what not.

Ray: Sorry, but I didn't notice that you were from Germany at first. If the tactic works just as well in Germany... ;) You have cops there that go over your STEREO SYSTEM?!? Jeez, are those guys bored. You should send them over here to the US, so we can put them to work on the streets of LA or Detroit. Stereo cops...pfft! :D

I agree about the violence being wrong, but sometimes necessary. It should always be the last resort.

Captain Andy: No, no...you have my goal all wrong. I am on the record as stating that my threefold mission in the Lucasforums community is (specifically):

1. Entertain some of the people.

2. Enlighten the populace.

3. Defend the oppressed.

See? I'm like *Batman!* :max: I think that the confusing parts of my dialogue come under headings one and two. In my dada ('Horse Vortex') thread, we see me operating under the auspices of one. When I get into the 'zen wall' discussions, we're dealing with two. Both are confusing, but for different reasons.

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit

You should send them over here to the US, so we can put them to work on the streets of LA or Detroit. Stereo cops...pfft! :D

I'd rather not. they'd be scared to death .. mostly.

except the "special"-forces (gsg 9) .. these have regular trainings in the US/Kanada .. and they are good. very good. but they dont do walk streets .. like what you call s.w.a.t.?

Captain Andy: I think you're saying I use too many big words. ;) Think of my posts as a *vocabulary exercize.* Lots of new words to look up... (Note: the zen stuff in my sig probably won't make sense no matter how many of the words you look up. Sorry.)

Ray: If your SWAT teams are trained in America, my friend, you have nothing to fear on German streets. :dozey: Except possibly the SWAT team.

Archived